Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2012, 20:07   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

It is fairly normal for TDI engines to report engine oil consumption during running-in period and is mentioned in your ownership manual too. That's the reason a check-up and fluid top-up is recommended at 7.5k kms instead of waiting till 15k kms for service.

As far as the diesel filter replacement is concerned, it is due to the suspected fuel leakage issue on specific batch of VIN's and the TSB can be found in the below link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2622037

You have no reason to worry, this behaviour will stabilize post the first service and you shouldnt be having this issue there on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post

He then just checked my VIN and said that there was a campaign for my polo to change the diesel filter in warranty.
I was surprised and asked him that why wasn't I intimated about this change.. he said that this was a soft campaign sort of... But I found this very fishy..
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 00:54   #182

Hi Everyone,
I'm going to buy a VW Polo over the next few days and I live in Delhi. I was wondering, if VW service is anything like Skoda, would it make more sense for me to NOT go in for the extended warranty and get my car serviced from a non-VW workshop (such as Pandit).

I live in New Delhi, India.

Also, some of the shops under the DefCol flyover are offering to sell me a HU that is essentially the Polo's stock HU with USB and AUX-IN for Rs. 7500. Sounds sort of fishy to my. Any advice?
Old 23rd March 2012, 18:43   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itaughtthestig View Post
Hi Everyone,
I'm going to buy a VW Polo over the next few days and I live in Delhi. I was wondering, if VW service is anything like Skoda, would it make more sense for me to NOT go in for the extended warranty and get my car serviced from a non-VW workshop (such as Pandit).

I live in New Delhi, India.

Also, some of the shops under the DefCol flyover are offering to sell me a HU that is essentially the Polo's stock HU with USB and AUX-IN for Rs. 7500. Sounds sort of fishy to my. Any advice?
  1. VW service is not anything like Skoda - So don't worry.
  2. Extended warranty is highly recommended, since it takes care of any risk. Spare parts can be expensive.
  3. 3rd party service for a newly launched car, comes with its own pros and cons..
  4. Take a look at the HU yourself and decide..
Old 27th March 2012, 00:58   #184

Hey,

I finally got my Polo. 1.2 TDi White Trendline. Mods planned -

Stock HU with USB/AUX from Defence Colony flyover
Painting handles & wing mirrors white
Parking sensors as and when their paint booth gets operational

However I noticed that it displays the Distance to Empty but doesn't show Fuel Efficiency anywhere. However it needs that to calculate the D2E. Is there any way we can "hack" the MID to show FE as it does on the Highline variant?
Old 11th April 2012, 19:36   #185
BHPian

hi guys, i have a question regarding Polo service. I purchased the car from TVS Mount Road, Chennai & have done about 14700+ kms till date. Of late, I've been shuttling a lot between Chennai & Bangalore on business & hence, left the car with my dad in native (close to Madurai).

Now that I've completed 14700 kms, should I get it serviced from Ramani VW in Madurai or can I cross 15k kms (a drive from my hometown to Chennai is 510 kms) & get it serviced from VW Mount road only?

I wanted to know what I should be doing. Get serviced from a different dealer before crossing 15k kms or opt for the same dealer with whom I purchased only, even though I hit around 15.2-15.5K kms?

Pardon me if the question sounded silly.

Last edited by vw19d : 11th April 2012 at 19:42.
Old 11th April 2012, 19:38   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itaughtthestig View Post
Hey,

However I noticed that it displays the Distance to Empty but doesn't show Fuel Efficiency anywhere.
DTE reading on a Trendline? Is that a new feature added on a 2012 car? If yes, can I get this thing done in mine during the next service with some software update?
Old 11th April 2012, 20:05   #187
Senior - BHPian

I havent heard about VW madurai, but have serviced my car with VW Sundaram and would strongly suggest you to get it serviced from them based on the general feedback on this forum.

Of course, if you find the technicians in VW madurai good enough, no reason why you shouldnt be getting it serviced from them. Take a call after talking to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw19d View Post
Now that I've completed 14700 kms, should I get it serviced from Ramani VW in Madurai or can I cross 15k kms (a drive from my hometown to Chennai is 510 kms) & get it serviced from VW Mount road only?
Old 11th April 2012, 20:16   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I havent heard about VW madurai, but have serviced my car with VW Sundaram and would strongly suggest you to get it serviced from them based on the general feedback on this forum.

Of course, if you find the technicians in VW madurai good enough, no reason why you shouldnt be getting it serviced from them. Take a call after talking to them.
Earlier when my car met with a minor accident, I got it repaired from VW Madurai & found them to be thoroughly professional. So, I don't have issues with them on the service quality aspect.

My actual apprehension was about is it strictly needed that I should get it serviced before hitting 15K kms or is it fine to do it in the 15500 km range?
Old 11th April 2012, 20:22   #189
Senior - BHPian

Then you are better off sticking to VW madurai. There is absolutely no issues in getting it done at 15.5K, get it done at a place where you are confident of good service.

Quote:
Earlier when my car met with a minor accident, I got it repaired from VW Madurai & found them to be thoroughly professional. So, I don't have issues with them on the service quality aspect.

My actual apprehension was about is it strictly needed that I should get it serviced before hitting 15K kms or is it fine to do it in the 15500 km range?
Old 11th April 2012, 21:44   #190

Quote:
DTE reading on a Trendline? Is that a new feature added on a 2012 car? If yes, can I get this thing done in mine during the next service with some software update?
I don't know if it wasn't there on the 2011 model, but yes, mine is a 2012 Trendline diesel and it shows Distance to Empty.

Also, my friend owns a Fabia Elegance and our DTE+Trip from last tankful are roughly the same at 700-750 kms.
Old 12th April 2012, 09:47   #191
BHPian

My Tdi Trendline has been behaving in a little strange manner since last few days.
Whenever I brake hard, after pedal release, the steering turns to left and has no effect of me steering it. This is momentarily so and the car resumes back to normal self. I find it very scary(happened only 2 times until now). What must be the problem here? worn out left disc caliper? or low air pressure in left Tyre? Guys Please share light!
Old 12th April 2012, 11:19   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
My Tdi Trendline has been behaving in a little strange manner since last few days.
Whenever I brake hard, after pedal release, the steering turns to left and has no effect of me steering it. This is momentarily so and the car resumes back to normal self. I find it very scary(happened only 2 times until now). What must be the problem here? worn out left disc caliper? or low air pressure in left Tyre? Guys Please share light!
Looks like the left brake is getting jammed. What does the ODO read? Have you got any services done?

Please get the car throughly checked by the Dealer. Don't take any chances...
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 21:21   #193
BHPian

Re: VW latest service notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingolphie View Post
Forgot the attachments earlier
Hi this is great information..

Can you get more info on the following-

Active Retun in Column Mounted Electronic Power Steering (2026238/1)
Deactivating airbag units (2000987/18)
Vehicle pulls to one side (2023928/2)
Deactivating airbags for child seat installation etc (2022327/1)

and optionally on these-

Electrics: battery flat, diagnosis and known complaints (2008818/17)
Electrics: engine doesn't start, battery flat (2012182/16)
Engine with oil dreg/sludge and carbonization (2014092/8)

Thanks,
Old 20th April 2012, 10:47   #194
BHPian

Just left my polo tdi for 1St servicing at b .u. bhandari wakad workshop. Was quoted sum of Rs 8000. I have omitted wheel balancing and alignment from the scope.
Let's see what's the final figure.
Delivery promised tomorrow afternoon.
Will keep you all updated about the costs and service experience.
Cheers
Old 20th April 2012, 16:13   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Need advise! My Polo's insurance is due to be renewed soon. Have had Royal Sundaram for the first year but didn't really have a good experience with them when I had met with an accident once. They were pretty slow in service and always quoted the wrong numbers.

So this time, I'm opting for Bharti Axa. Premium is Rs.15,000 (including add-on insurance that includes 100% cover of plastic parts) and 0% depriciation. So please advise me if this is a good option.

I had Bharati Axa for my 1st year insurance. They were excellent and very prompt with their service. Customer service executives were knowledgeable and quick with responses over phone and email. I made 2 claims that were settled without much hassle.

The only problem was that after making 2 claims in the first year, my premium went up from 13K to 23K for year 2 and it was unaffordable for me. So I had to change to ICICI. I feel bad about changing but I had little option as Bharatix Axa was unable/unwilling to reduce the premium.

I would highly recommend them though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks