Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2011, 23:18   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

I have also noticed steam rising from top of the hood while driving in the rains. The bonnet gets really hot!! Although, the windshield did not fog up. Another thing I have noticed is that the front wipers aren't so good. They leave a streak behind everytime the blades run on the glass. It takes about 3-4 secs for it to disappear.

BTW, is any one of you putting a body cover during the rains? Any reports on water seepage?

Last edited by theragingbull : 15th June 2011 at 23:23.
Old 15th June 2011, 23:21   #47
BHPian

5-in1 Emergency tool for car.

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-magnetic-base.jpg

Magnetic Base

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-led-torch-focus.jpg

LED Torch Focus

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-led-flasher.jpg

LED flasher

Last edited by Omega Man : 15th June 2011 at 23:23.
Old 15th June 2011, 23:27   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
I have also noticed steam rising from top of the hood while driving in the rains. The bonnet gets really hot!! Although, the windshield did not fog up. Another thing I have noticed is that the front wipers aren't so good. They leave a streak behind everytime the blades run on the glass. It takes about 3-4 secs for it to disappear.

BTW, is any one of you putting a body cover during the rains? Any reports on water seepage?
Zohaib, I will try Sonax as advised by Avon and check with Bosch as to when Polo wipers will be available.

No body cover used & no water seepage noticed so far, despite open parking under heavy rains.
Old 16th June 2011, 22:01   #49
BHPian

Polo 1.2L Petrol TL

Finished my First Service today and was pleasantly surprised with the whole experience and received the car within the day as requested. The costs associated will come as a pleasant surprise to fellow and prospective owners although running was less at 2768km.

The Service Details are as below:

Parts
Engine Oil 5w40 :-2587
Filter Element:- 96
Misc:- 200

Labour
15000km service:- 175
Oil Filter Replace:- 140
Air Filter R/R:- 35
A/C Filter R/R:- 35
All Wheel R/R:- 70
57D7 Door Handle:- Warranty
97U2 Wiring:- Warranty
97T9:- Warranty

Total Bill:- 3745/-

What is R/R ? As they have not billed me for parts looks to be just overhauling. Also my door handle and some wiring is replaced under warranty which is confusing as had no complaints in either. Also what is 97T9 which is under warranty?

Overall happy with the service experience which most people dread due to being parent company of Skoda.
GearOn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 23:52   #50
BHPian

Re: Polo 1.2L Petrol TL

Here's a very useful maintenance tip for your car:

We are all aware of how dampness can affect the air inside your car negatively, especially in the rains. To keep dampness out of our car this rainy season, we bought Damp Trap.

Price: Rs.49/- Vendor: More Megastore.

Attached is a picture of the product:

Hope this helps, cheers
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-damp-trap.jpg  

Old 17th June 2011, 00:07   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearOn View Post
Labour
I am a bit surprised to see the labour charges here, its under 1/3 of what many other people have reported including me. Its good that it was extremely reasonably, infact it was cheaper than what M/S charges for 800, hope they didnt think that 1st service was free.
Old 17th June 2011, 10:09   #52
BHPian

Thanks for posting your cars first service details.

Rs.3745 is a welcome figure as most Polo owners have spent and others are prepared for an average figure of 8k for first service.

You mean 2768kms only in one full year?

My dads Alto has done 3500kms in 5years

These 4 digit alpha-numerical numbers look like software updates, are you sure the door handle was physically changed?

Is service in Pune cheaper than in other cities as VW is also based in Pune?

Quote:
Finished my First Service today and was pleasantly surprised with the whole experience and received the car within the day as requested. The costs associated will come as a pleasant surprise to fellow and prospective owners although running was less at 2768km.

Parts

Labour

What is R/R ? As they have not billed me for parts looks to be just overhauling. Also my door handle and some wiring is replaced under warranty which is confusing as had no complaints in either. Also what is 97T9 which is under warranty?

Overall happy with the service experience which most people dread due to being parent company of Skoda.
Old 17th June 2011, 10:32   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
I am a bit surprised to see the labour charges here, its under 1/3 of what many other people have reported including me. Its good that it was extremely reasonably, infact it was cheaper than what M/S charges for 800, hope they didnt think that 1st service was free.
Only the synthetic oil cost takes the bill above my M800 service. VW wont find me complaining though as the oil will last me atleast a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
Rs.3745 is a welcome figure as most Polo owners have spent and others are prepared for an average figure of 8k for first service.
Even i was prepared to fork out that amount. But this thread really helped me and i forewarned the service advisor that i do not need balancing, alignment and no extra unwanted servicing as car is running fine. That helped i guess.

Quote:
You mean 2768kms only in one full year?

My dads Alto has done 3500kms in 5years
Ya, running is a little less as used primarily for weekend trips. But your Alto takes the cake.

Quote:

These 4 digit alpha-numerical numbers look like software updates, are you sure the door handle was physically changed?

Is service in Pune cheaper than in other cities as VW is also based in Pune?
I need to check with service advisor whether he replaced it or just a software upgrade. But to me looks like software upgrade as time taken is just 10 mins. But what software can they upgrade for door handles as there is no remote locking for trendline?
Old 17th June 2011, 10:50   #54
BHPian

Able to see your post now.

Threads on Polo on Team BHP are not only an immense source of useful information for those of us who love our cars, but also help us a save a lot of money, wisely.

Do keep us posted after checking with your service advisor.

Last edited by Omega Man : 17th June 2011 at 10:57.
Old 17th June 2011, 11:38   #55
BHPian

GearOn,
I am quite surprised at the cost figures. The Engine Oil cost for my 1.6 was around 5000.
In your case they did not charge for any of these components - Pollen Filter, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter, Drain Plug, Oil Filter Gasket, Coolant (topup) - but why? May be bacause of the low ODO reading! Can someone throw some light?

My 1st service cost was upwards of 10K - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2313952

About the software upgrades - 57D7, 97U2, 97T9 are all software upgrades. They call it Campaign Job. All these were applied to my car as well during 1st service. Additionally they had put in 48I8 upgrade as well (Steering related) during a later visit.

Quote:

Parts

Labour

Old 17th June 2011, 12:17   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
GearOn,
I am quite surprised at the cost figures. The Engine Oil cost for my 1.6 was around 5000.
In your case they did not charge for any of these components - Pollen Filter, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter, Drain Plug, Oil Filter Gasket, Coolant (topup) - but why? May be bacause of the low ODO reading! Can someone throw some light?
Even i am really confused and need to ask advisor. He has billed me as Air Filter R/R for only labour cost so looks like it was just cleaned and checked due to less usage. Was charged for filter element but dont know where that is used.

Also, they topped up your Polo 1.6 with 4 Litres of oil whereas my vehicle took only 3 Litres. How is that possible? And to top that they also billed you an extra 1 litre to top up later. This increased your total cost to quite an extent.
Old 17th June 2011, 14:19   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The 1.2 polo has a capacity of 3L oil, and I believe 1.6 should not be over 3.5L. Civic (1.8) and cedia(2.0) takes 3.7 and 3.8 L of oil, respectively. 5k is an atrocious figure, they should have billed you for max 4 L oil and should have handed you the remaining 500ml, which is minus 4L.

Quote:
Was charged for filter element but dont know where that is used.
96 for filter element is basically the Oil filter that was changed. Air filter, pollen filter must have been cleaned and refitted.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 17th June 2011 at 14:20.
Old 17th June 2011, 17:24   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
The 1.2 polo has a capacity of 3L oil, and I believe 1.6 should not be over 3.5L. Civic (1.8) and cedia(2.0) takes 3.7 and 3.8 L of oil, respectively. 5k is an atrocious figure, they should have billed you for max 4 L oil and should have handed you the remaining 500ml, which is minus 4L.

96 for filter element is basically the Oil filter that was changed. Air filter, pollen filter must have been cleaned and refitted.
They billed me for 5 X 1L Oil and gave me an unopened 5th bottle (for future topup after a week or so). There were no 500 ml bottles available. Oil price was Rs 970 / L.
Old 18th June 2011, 00:38   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They billed me for 5 X 1L Oil and gave me an unopened 5th bottle (for future topup after a week or so). There were no 500 ml bottles available. Oil price was Rs 970 / L.
Ok, so the car took 4 Litres or under. But, I am surprised the ASC is selling the 5th one in the name of top up. But I must say, it has saved you a trip to ASC, the car will definitely need top up in 5k kms. My 1.2 galloped over 400ml today after 5k kms since oil change. So, we need a Litre for 15k kms.
Old 19th June 2011, 22:31   #60
Senior - BHPian

Heard VW is now offering 3yrs warranty standard on the Polo. Is it true?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks