Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2011, 13:25   #136
BANNED

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
So this time, I'm opting for Bharti Axa. Premium is Rs.15,000 (including add-on insurance that includes 100% cover of plastic parts) and 0% depriciation. So please advise me if this is a good option.
TATA AIG also has similar plans. Take a quote from them too.
Old 28th August 2011, 21:09   #137
BHPian

Polo 1.2 P, 01 year, 01st paid service update

01st paid service details updated in my thread, you may refer below link for the same -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2485027

7915 kms --> 3745/- total amount including all taxes
Old 5th September 2011, 22:59   #138
Senior - BHPian

Hey Volks,
My Polo 1.2(P) will undergo its first service day after. I would like to know from owners' experiences about what would the service costs be like and what all has to be changed/fixed? I casually asked the receptionist about the cost while booking an appointment and she shocked me with an approx figure of Rs.10,000!!! So guys please tell me what precautions I should take to avoid being looted at first service.

Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 18:17   #139
BHPian

I paid 3745 for the first service. Adviser initially quoted @ 4500 to 5000 but final bill was 3475 and cost of oil was the major component. As I had done just 7500 kms nothing was changed except Oil. But I did not got Wheel alignment, balancing and some such extras done since it is cheaper to get these things done from local Tyrewala in your presence.

I think 10000 is exorbitant!

Last edited by CANPUSH : 7th September 2011 at 18:24. Reason: mistyping a word
Old 7th September 2011, 18:23   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
As I had done just 7500 kms nothing was changed except Oil.

Oil change or topped up, thought oil change was @15k km!

Cheers!
Old 7th September 2011, 18:27   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Oil change or topped up, thought oil change was @15k km!

Cheers!
Cost of Oil was 2400+ so it must be top up!

Cheers
Old 21st September 2011, 13:05   #142
BHPian

Replacement Tyres

All,

What is the status of your Tyres? Mine has covered 24K km and is nearly worn out. It seems I would need a replacement within the next 3/4 K kms. It has nearly reached the tread wear mark and has become noisy and uncomfortable. I have the stock rims and tyres - 185/60 R15 Apollo Acelere. The wheels had been rotated religiously every 10K km and alignment balancing done twice. The tread wear had been uniform with the front tyres slightly less worn out now as I last rotated 4k kms back.

However it really seems strange that the stock tyres needs replacement due to tread wear before 30K kms. Is it my driving style or the bad Kolkata roads? The JK Tornados I had on my swift lasted for around 38K kms while the replacement Goodyear NCT 5s lasted some 30 K kms which was eventually replaced with JK Vectras some time before I sold the car. The Vectrats still look pretty new after about 10K kms (I have sold the car to a colleague and see it parked in the same parking lot at office ).

What is your experience with the Aceleres? Is the compound too soft and prone to early wear?

What do I replace the Aceleres with? Same size of upsize? Need best of all the worlds - comfort, performance and long life.
Old 23rd September 2011, 16:15   #143
BHPian

Recently, my Polo met with a minor accident at hometown when dad was driving. Lapse of concentration for a second and the car's left wheel ran over a small culvert (probably about 10 inches in height) causing a lot of damages under hood. Called up the 24X7 helpline number and they promptly directed me to Ramani VW, Madurai (the closest to my hometown) In about 7 hours (they committed to be there in 4 hours) after the mishap, Ramani VW sent their vehicle that can tow my stranded car. From then on, started following up with Ramani VW through phone calls and my dad visited them in person once in 2-3 days! They gave an assurance to get the repair done and deliver the car back in a week's time. However, there was some delay in getting some part as it was to be got from Pune and finally the car has been delivered yesterday (the delay was about 8 days).

I'm unsure of what all parts they've changed as the car's still in native. Should get it back here over the weekend and let me keep you guys posted about the details in bill. From what I know so far, the front shock absorbers have been replaced with a new set & many other replacements too.

The final bill amount is about 46K. After claiming insurance, the amount that I've spent is feeble

I'll try and give the breakup for the 46K from the bill.
vw19d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 13:28   #144
BHPian

In continuation with my previous post, here is the cost breakup provided by Ramani VW after completing the repair work in my car. Following components were replaced with new ones! Please note that all the prices mentioned here are inclusive of 14.5% VAT.

1. Radiator - 6195.00
2. Wheel Housing - 335.99
3. Retainer - 479.00
4. Contr Arm - 1690.00
5. Sub-Frame - 13781.00
6. Carrier - 2372.00
7. Charge Air Cooler - 9363.46
8. Labour - 10864.55
9. Consumables - 716.95
10. Water Wash - 386.05

Total - 46184.00

Other car owners, if you have an idea of the cost of these parts, it'll help a good comparison!
vw19d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:53   #145
BHPian

Hi All, got some bad news.

Washed the car yesterday afternoon and left the hand brake pulled by mistake. Car refused to move today. Still immobilised despite several attempts.

Called the VW 24x7 Road Side Assistance. They said a mechnic will be available only tomorrow morning.

All plans for today got canned due to this problem. Please advice.
Omega Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 13:22   #146
BHPian

There is a original Polo's stereo player, like new for sell with Bafana in Pune. The sell price is just 2000 INR. The owner get rid of it because of absence of USB and Aux
Old 3rd October 2011, 13:30   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man
Hi All, got some bad news.

Washed the car yesterday afternoon and left the hand brake pulled by mistake. Car refused to move today. Still immobilised despite several attempts.

Called the VW 24x7 Road Side Assistance. They said a mechnic will be available only tomorrow morning.

All plans for today got canned due to this problem. Please advice.
Is this a known issue with the Polo? What happens if one leaves it parked in the rain with the hand brake on (as I normally would)? Will that also cause to get stuck?
Old 15th October 2011, 15:47   #148
BHPian

Hi guys would like to know if there are fog lights available in aftermarket as dealer is qouting 15000 for it which is quite expensive.
Old 29th October 2011, 13:29   #149
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I gave my Polo 1.2(P) for servicing today morning. The service advisor is saying that 4.5L engine oil would go that would amount to close to Rs.4500!!! Is he saying the truth? Cuz from the previous posts, it seems most of you have paid just around 2500 for the engine oil.
Need a quick reply!
Old 5th November 2011, 22:40   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Folks, I gave my Polo 1.2(P) for servicing today morning. The service advisor is saying that 4.5L engine oil would go that would amount to close to Rs.4500!!! Is he saying the truth? Cuz from the previous posts, it seems most of you have paid just around 2500 for the engine oil.
Need a quick reply!
I guess this is a late reply... still, as per my conversation with SA at VW dealership here in Pune, for Polo 1.2 Petrol 3.1 ltr approx. is the engine oil capacity. Also, what I understood from my interaction and visit to the showroom is that the SAs are not much involved in the actual work done during servicing. If possible better to speak with the concerned person ( technicians working on the car ), they are more qualified to give the accurate picture.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks