Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2012, 18:31   #196

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
I guess this is a late reply... still, as per my conversation with SA at VW dealership here in Pune, for Polo 1.2 Petrol 3.1 ltr approx. is the engine oil capacity. Also, what I understood from my interaction and visit to the showroom is that the SAs are not much involved in the actual work done during servicing. If possible better to speak with the concerned person ( technicians working on the car ), they are more qualified to give the accurate picture.

Everyone on the thread seems to be saying that the Polo 1.2 Petrol takes 4L of Engine Oil at the first service. The VW guy sent me a scanned copy of the AMC where it clearly says 3L. Can anyone explain this? Or is it a simple case of charging for 4L and putting in 3L?
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-vw_amc.jpg  

Old 21st April 2012, 13:53   #197

Hi guys, my Polo 1.2 Petrol is due for the first service after 1 year having clocked about 6500kms. I asked the SA for a quotation from VW Mumbai and he sent me a figure of 10,473 including wheel alignment and balancing (which I want to get done)

The figure seems rather high compared to what I've been reading on this thread. Does anyone have any thoughts?

P.S. I've attached a snapshot of the quote.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-polo1stservice.jpg  

Old 22nd April 2012, 12:35   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
Just left my polo tdi for 1St servicing at b .u. bhandari wakad workshop. Was quoted sum of Rs 8000. I have omitted wheel balancing and alignment from the scope.
Let's see what's the final figure.
Delivery promised tomorrow afternoon.
Will keep you all updated about the costs and service experience.
Cheers
hey..any updates on your first servicing bill? breakup etc.?
Old 25th April 2012, 14:53   #199
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

AFAIK, VW offers 3 years annual maintenance program for Polo 1.2L petrol variants only charges for Additional AMC is Rs.19,900/- which includes the cost of labor, oil & filter replacements for first year.

What I want to know is, does this maintenance program include free of cost change of parts replacement brake pads, 3 spark plugs (VW service manual says that they need to be changed at 30k).
Old 25th April 2012, 15:48   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Hi guys,

AFAIK, VW offers 3 years annual maintenance program for Polo 1.2L petrol variants only charges for Additional AMC is Rs.19,900/- which includes the cost of labor, oil & filter replacements for first year.

What I want to know is, does this maintenance program include free of cost change of parts replacement brake pads, 3 spark plugs (VW service manual says that they need to be changed at 30k).
Labor included. But consumables, wheel balancing / alignment are charged.

It is a good option to take this AMC. Also, take the 4 year one. Even though it will cost you Rs.34,000/-, it is worth it.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 15:56   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Labor included. But consumables, wheel balancing / alignment are charged.

It is a good option to take this AMC. Also, take the 4 year one. Even though it will cost you Rs.34,000/-, it is worth it.
Thanks Chethan.

But consumables and parts are indeed included. Please see this, a friend of mine just now informed me about this:
Quote:
Terms and Conditions:

This offer includes the labour charges for the various jobs mentioned.

Service will be provided under the contract, only after producing this booklet at the time of servicing.

Any additional services/maintenance required between the prescribed interval will be at the customer's cost.

Local Taxes and other Levies will be charged as applicable.

The above offer is not applicable for any kind of accidental repairs or mechanical repairs

AMC Prices:

3years or 45,000 kms - 19,900/-
4years or 60,000 kms - 34,072/-

The program will be applicable only when it is purchased before the 1st servicing of the Vehicle.

After the purchase of AMC, the facility can be availed in any part of India.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-polo_amc.jpg  

Old 25th April 2012, 16:08   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Chethan.

But consumables and parts are indeed included. Please see this, a friend of mine just now informed me about this:
Welcome!

From my experience, consumables & even VAG-COM is chargeable. I had to fight it out the first time. Details are in my ownership thread...
Old 25th April 2012, 16:11   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Welcome!

From my experience, consumables & even VAG-COM is chargeable. I had to fight it out the first time. Details are in my ownership thread...
Hi Chethan,

I believe you have a Polo TDI and this maintenance plan including spares is only for Polo Petrol.
Old 25th April 2012, 16:23   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Chethan,

I believe you have a Polo TDI and this maintenance plan including spares is only for Polo Petrol.
I must be the only person to have a AMC for a Polo Tdi in the whole of India! I got it by chance. (Another BHPian UV-Mallya also has it again by chance) Details are in my ownership thread.

But any ways, plan is the same as Petrol..
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 21:21   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanstar View Post
Hi guys, my Polo 1.2 Petrol is due for the first service after 1 year having clocked about 6500kms. I asked the SA for a quotation from VW Mumbai and he sent me a figure of 10,473 including wheel alignment and balancing (which I want to get done)

The figure seems rather high compared to what I've been reading on this thread. Does anyone have any thoughts?

You may refer the below link for my 1.2 (P) Polo 1st service update. Not much difference in KMs covered (considering Polo service interval @15K Kms/01 yr), not sure why a quote of 10,000/- + given to you.

You may wish to try the two VW Pune dealers and get a quote and decide accordingly.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2485027
Old 27th April 2012, 05:40   #206
Senior - BHPian

I just summed up the cost of items included in AMC. I really dont see a considerable difference in the amount one pays with AMC and the amount one pays without AMC.

In fact, those who choose AMC tend to pay more as they pay upfront and the company earns interest on the money. 4 years is a lot of time .

Heres the table, all items including tax. Some prices taken are from last year, the variations though are not more than Rs.100-200 in total.

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-polo.jpg

Any extras work is charged to customers both with and with out AMC.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 27th April 2012 at 05:52.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 11:37   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't think an AMC is good for those whose mileage is low enough for services to come but once a year. High-mileage drivers, on the other hand, may profit by it.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 23:06   #208

Quote:
Everyone on the thread seems to be saying that the Polo 1.2 Petrol takes 4L of Engine Oil at the first service. The VW guy sent me a scanned copy of the AMC where it clearly says 3L. Can anyone explain this? Or is it a simple case of charging for 4L and putting in 3L?
Just got my car back from the 1st paid service after 6419 kms. As I suspected, VW service centers are cheating customers. I will write a longer post about the service experience but for the sake of this post: I managed to photocopy some of the documents that the VW service center won't willingly give you.

Please note the first item under the section 'Engine Compartment'. Its engine oil. As per their own internal maintenance lists it says filling quantity is 2.8L (well below the 4 litres that we customers are billed for). I do'nt think there is any other way to explain this apart from cheating. I don't think I have the strength or patience to fight with these guys anymore.

All I can say is that anyone that reads this post and has not done the 1st service please don't pay for 4 liters of engine oil. The 2 photos above are self explanatory.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-vw-cheating_1.jpg  

Old 1st May 2012, 00:21   #209

Quote:

VW Polo Trendline 1.2L Petrol | 1st Paid Service Report
Date: 30th April 2012
Kms: 6419
Total cost: Rs. 8,689 (including wheel alignment, balancing and rotation)

Appointment: I called to make an appointment which was given first and then cancelled by VW. I was told I could bring in the car the next day but no one called to confirm it or to ask me what time. After calling them and arguing, they agreed and asked me to come at 10 AM. On arrival I was asked to wait for 15 mins and that an SA would attend to me. 1 hour later: no SA and no one to attend to me. After I spoke to them firmly they finally managed a SA.

SA arrived and seemed to be in a big rush for some reason and was not through with the car inspection and was not a keen listener. I was trying to tell him about weakened brake response etc but it didn't seem like he was listening. I asked him for a detailed quote on what exactly would be done in the service and what the charges would be. He only explained it superficially so I asked for a detailed quote in email which he did not send. I left the car with them.

I was called on the 3rd day as promised and asked to pick up the car.

On arrival to take the delivery, I was made to wait again and the same SA showed up - again in a big rush and trying to get me to sign some papers quickly without reading. I told him I need 5 mins to go through before signing. I saw some very important papers in that stack that were worth looking at. Internal maintenance lists, data sheets of the wheel alignment/balancing etc. I asked for a photocopy of those papers which he was VERY reluctant to give.

Some important points of the invoice:
  • I was charged for 4 liters of engine oil when the filling capacity is only 2.8L
  • I was not told about AC disinfection but it was performed and I was billed for it.
  • I was not told about 'dust and pollen filter' replacement and was billed for it.
  • 'Windshield cleaner' was not requested by me and I was billed for it.
They replaced the gear and engine mounting (I don't know what these are). It was replaced under warranty and I was not billed. Going through the data sheets I made copies of, there was a quote by the technician: "front engine side getting noise while crank, we inspect and found the gear mount and engine mount has faulty, we replaced defective gear mount and engine mount (as per tpi) and check the problem is resolved" Parts replaced: Gear mount part # 6RF-199-555-D and Engine mount part # 6RF-199-262.

At the time of giving the car for service the SA tried to sell upholstery cleaning to me for Rs 2,500 which I refused. On taking the delivery my car seats were considerable dirtier and there was a huge stain on the passenger front seat which was not there when I gave it. The SA tried to argue with me saying it was already there and that I should've gone for their interiors cleaning service but I was firm and I explained to him that I never drive with my windows down no matter what and also that the last time I gave my car in VW, they put a huge grease mark on the back seat for which I had photographic proof. He couldn't say much after that. He got it cleaned with 3M foam immediately.

I am now very convinced that the cars we love so much and take care of with all our hearts are treated like garbage in these so called 'service centers'. It is the 2nd time that VW damaged my upholstery. I can only imagine what they must be doing to the internals of the car.

On the upside, AC seems to have become much more powerful now and I started feeling cold almost immediately even though it wasn't set to max cooling. I don't know if they have actually done something or its just my imagination.

First service invoice and data sheet for wheel alignment are attached. I would appreciate any feedback.

All in all, shite service from VW again. Shame on them.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-vw-1st-service-invoice.jpg  

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-vw-balancing-alignment.jpg  

Old 2nd May 2012, 10:03   #210
BHPian

For all of us that are worried about the amount of oil they are filling. The sealed system capacity of oil is NOT listed with the amount in the oil filter. The oil filter takes close to 400 to 500 ml of oil in addition. But yes, they are making a thousand rupees on each customer.
NevGin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks