Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2011, 22:59   #151
Senior - BHPian

4L of oil went into my Polo. The older oil was totally drained out. Each litre cost Rs.970. Apart from this, they applied some AC disinfectant that cost 800 bucks! Total 1st service cost came to Rs.7700 that includes Rs.2000 labour charge. Quite an expensive affair with a VW
Old 5th November 2011, 23:08   #152
BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

^^ it seems Polo engine oil capacity, fuel tank capacity is a mystery. VW - please help clarify ! Dealership in different cities are quoting different figures for the same car end of the day we as a customer are suffering
Old 6th November 2011, 02:24   #153
Senior - BHPian

1.2 petrol polo definitely takes 3L. Cedia which is 2.0 takes 3.8 L of engine oil and civic which is 1.8L takes 3.7L of oil. I am a bit skeptical about the diesel, but somehow I feel, even the 1.2 Diesel also takes 3L of oil.. Fuel tank is 50 L I guess, but tnot sure on this..
Old 21st November 2011, 19:59   #154
BHPian

Attaching my first 15k service invoice. I know its too late but i am attaching nonetheless for reference of all vw polo users
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-1st-service-invoice.jpg  

AnkitPrashar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2011, 11:41   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitPrashar View Post
Attaching my first 15k service invoice. I know its too late but i am attaching nonetheless for reference of all vw polo users
Ankit, thanks. This is very similar to my first service bill and all the work is identical. It was good thing to get the wheels aligned and balanced as suggested. Just before the service, I got cupons in the mail that offered discounted interior enrichment and exterior polishing. I used that as well. They did a fantastic job and when I went to take delivery, had the car covered with this special body cover used when a car is polished and to be delivered to the customer.
Old 4th December 2011, 01:25   #156
BHPian

A friend owns a Polo 1.2 Petrol. She has done only 1800 Kms till date and the car is close to 6 months old. No over revving and she is a pretty sedate driver.

Yesterday, I saw the Engine Check light (the one which looks like the engine icon) lit up when I was driving the car.
Also the car is vibrating when starting. (I have a Vista and my car felt smoother).

What is the possible reason for the check light to come on even though she has done a very low mileage till now?

On a side note, my car just got back from the 30K service and I paid NOTHING for it! Including all replacables everything was free. When I look at the prices you pay for servicing, I feel that somewhere down the line we (indians) will not like to buy the car. We like things cheap no?

Peace.
Old 4th December 2011, 07:31   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Is this a known issue with the Polo? What happens if one leaves it parked in the rain with the hand brake on (as I normally would)? Will that also cause to get stuck?
Issue is not specific to Polo. Don't worry, most cars face this problem.
Old 4th December 2011, 13:59   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
A friend owns a Polo 1.2 Petrol. She has done only 1800 Kms till date and the car is close to 6 months old. No over revving and she is a pretty sedate driver.

Yesterday, I saw the Engine Check light (the one which looks like the engine icon) lit up when I was driving the car.
Also the car is vibrating when starting. (I have a Vista and my car felt smoother).
While starting, yes the car does sound like a diesel and has some vibrations. But as the engine gets to its optimum temperature, the vibration settles down a lot. I am afraid an engine light at 1800 kms is definitely to be afraid of and I say this by experience. I have a March 2010 1.2 Petrol polo and there was a compression leak from the exhaust side of the head. Complete head assembly was replaced by VW under warranty at 11k kms. The car now has 26k on the clock and is running fine. You might wana check my thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ll-well-3.html

Althought, I heard that it was only the very initial batch that had this issue, and a now 6 months old car isnt from that batch for sure, it is better that your friend asks the ASC to conduct a compression test to ensure everything is fine. It may be as small as an engine code or as big as some problem with engine.

Quote:
When I look at the prices you pay for servicing, I feel that somewhere down the line we (indians) will not like to buy the car. We like things cheap no?
How come you paid nothing on 30k service of vista.. have some service plan? Also, Rs.7k every 15k kms is not bad, considering you run on synthetic. Even my 800 service used to cost 2-3k every 5k kms from Maruti ASC. So, even if you pay 15k in 30k kms, its not that bad.
Old 4th December 2011, 21:48   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
While starting, yes the car does sound like a diesel and has some vibrations. But as the engine gets to its optimum temperature, the vibration settles down a lot. I am afraid an engine light at 1800 kms is definitely to be afraid of and I say this by experience. I have a March 2010 1.2 Petrol polo and there was a compression leak from the exhaust side of the head. Complete head assembly was replaced by VW under warranty at 11k kms. The car now has 26k on the clock and is running fine. You might wana check my thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ll-well-3.html

Althought, I heard that it was only the very initial batch that had this issue, and a now 6 months old car isnt from that batch for sure, it is better that your friend asks the ASC to conduct a compression test to ensure everything is fine. It may be as small as an engine code or as big as some problem with engine.

How come you paid nothing on 30k service of vista.. have some service plan? Also, Rs.7k every 15k kms is not bad, considering you run on synthetic. Even my 800 service used to cost 2-3k every 5k kms from Maruti ASC. So, even if you pay 15k in 30k kms, its not that bad.
Her car is like 8 monthss old. She just told me that the light did not come up again, but I have told her to get it checked nonetheless.

With the Vista I got a TMS (Total Maintenance Service) Gold cover as free. I have coupons till almost 190000 kms. It includes almost everything.

With the TMS Platinum even Clutch replacement, brake pads, battery, tyres etc is covered!
Old 22nd December 2011, 15:14   #160
BHPian

Polo Second Service

Have anyone done the 30K / second service for their Polo 1.2/1.6 Petrol version? What was the cost? I called up the service center to book the 2nd service for my P1.6 and they told me the expected cost would be around Rs 19K!
The 1st service was done around 15K Kms and the cost was around Rs 10K which included all required replacements. I don't think there would be a lot of difference in the 2nd service with the 1st service with respect to the items to be replaced. Then why is the cost so high? I will go to VW tomorrow and find out the details, but till that time if anyone else has done the 2nd service can comment.
Old 22nd December 2011, 16:43   #161
BHPian

Re: Polo Second Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Have anyone done the 30K / second service for their Polo 1.2/1.6 Petrol version? What was the cost? I called up the service center to book the 2nd service for my P1.6 and they told me the expected cost would be around Rs 19K!
The 1st service was done around 15K Kms and the cost was around Rs 10K which included all required replacements. I don't think there would be a lot of difference in the 2nd service with the 1st service with respect to the items to be replaced. Then why is the cost so high? I will go to VW tomorrow and find out the details, but till that time if anyone else has done the 2nd service can comment.
Anirban da - The second service does cost more. As per the maintenance schedule booklet that they must have given you at the time of delivery, there are a number of things to be replaced, some are 'Have to's' while the others are 'Condition based'. Going to the service center and letting them inspect your car will be the best way of determining the projected service cost.
Old 22nd December 2011, 23:32   #162
BHPian

VW latest service notes

Guys, the attached notes are what VW appears to be providing to their dealers for known complaints and this is what we'll hear from the SA's lips I guess.

The attached Service notes attachments has a list of all service notes. Please let me know if there's anything further you would need downloaded. Has to be within the next few hours unfortunately as my pass runs out after that.

Would be interesting to meet the SA with a printout of this
Old 25th December 2011, 20:24   #163
BHPian

Air Filter, A/C Pollen Filter and Tire Rotation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post

I had two issues with my Polo - Defective rear view mirror - switching to night mode use to shift the image and Hissing noise from AC.
Me too faced this issue recently (Hissing sound from A/C), after replacing the A/C pollen filter on my Polo. Its resolved now.

Replaced Air Filter and A/C and Pollen filter and Tire rotation

Air Filter - 294.53 /-
A/C and Pollen Filter - 948.43 /-

Updated my thread for more details -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2621745
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2011, 23:06   #164
BHPian

Re: VW latest service notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingolphie View Post
Guys, the attached notes are what VW appears to be providing to their dealers for known complaints and this is what we'll hear from the SA's lips I guess.

The attached Service notes attachments has a list of all service notes. Please let me know if there's anything further you would need downloaded. Has to be within the next few hours unfortunately as my pass runs out after that.

Would be interesting to meet the SA with a printout of this
Forgot the attachments earlier
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Oil Consumption 2.pdf (84.6 KB, 3353 views)
File Type: pdf Service notes.pdf (108.1 KB, 2338 views)
File Type: pdf Noise from front of car.pdf (113.7 KB, 1693 views)
File Type: pdf Squeaking.pdf (123.5 KB, 1409 views)
File Type: pdf Shock absorber test for leaks.pdf (252.3 KB, 1353 views)
dingolphie is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 00:02   #165
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW latest service notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingolphie View Post
Forgot the attachments earlier
Dude, most of these might prove to be useful for Vento too , can you please post it on that thread too ?
Cheers
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks