Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2011, 10:42   #61
BHPian

Bosch wiper blades for Polo - 3 397 101 057

Although Bosch has not officially released Polo specific wiper blades yet, the ones available for the Palio / Indica / Indigo / Camry / Corolla / Innova fits the Polo comfortably.

Yesterday I measured the wiper blade size in the Polo which came out to be around 600 mm (24 inch) and 400 mm (16 inch) respectively for the driver side and passenger side. Went to the nearest Bosch service center and bought a pair of that size and got it fitted on my Polo. Part number 3-397-101-057. It is a perfect fit (though the driver side one is about 0.5 cm longer than the original one it is not fouling anywhere and running clean). The fogging is gone completely and the evening/night drives in rain has become a lot safer now.

The only issue is that the Bosch blades do not have the wind deflectors which are there in the standard ones. But it cleans so much better. It had rained on the day I had taken delivery of the Polo (back on Aug '10) and the fogging problem was there from day one with the original wipers. Now that is completely gone. The MRP is Rs 340 and you can get a 5-10% discount on that. I paid Rs 310.

I suggest all Polo owners who are facing the fogging problem to switch over to Bosch wipers (No, I am not a Bosch dealer ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
Zohaib, I will try Sonax as advised by Avon and check with Bosch as to when Polo wipers will be available.

No body cover used & no water seepage noticed so far, despite open parking under heavy rains.
sadnabrina is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 12:59   #62
BHPian

Re: Bosch wiper blades for Polo - 3 397 101 057

Thanks a million Anirban, for sharing such useful information in detail.

What a relief it is to know we can change these wipers. Will get them today itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Although Bosch has not officially released Polo specific wiper blades yet, the ones available for the Palio / Indica / Indigo / Camry / Corolla / Innova fits the Polo comfortably.

Yesterday I measured the wiper blade size in the Polo which came out to be around 600 mm (24 inch) and 400 mm (16 inch) respectively for the driver side and passenger side. Went to the nearest Bosch service center and bought a pair of that size and got it fitted on my Polo. Part number 3-397-101-057. It is a perfect fit (though the driver side one is about 0.5 cm longer than the original one it is not fouling anywhere and running clean). The fogging is gone completely and the evening/night drives in rain has become a lot safer now.

The only issue is that the Bosch blades do not have the wind deflectors which are there in the standard ones. But it cleans so much better. It had rained on the day I had taken delivery of the Polo (back on Aug '10) and the fogging problem was there from day one with the original wipers. Now that is completely gone. The MRP is Rs 340 and you can get a 5-10% discount on that. I paid Rs 310.

I suggest all Polo owners who are facing the fogging problem to switch over to Bosch wipers (No, I am not a Bosch dealer ).
Old 20th June 2011, 13:00   #63
BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Heard VW is now offering 3yrs warranty standard on the Polo. Is it true?
Only on 1.2 and conditions apply.
Old 20th June 2011, 16:05   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only on 1.2 and conditions apply.
So it'd be only for new owners right? Not existing ones? Also, I heard they are giving AMC with every new Polo!
Old 20th June 2011, 16:45   #65
BHPian

Quote:
So it'd be only for new owners right? Not existing ones? Also, I heard they are giving AMC with every new Polo!
Warranty is 2 years on parts only for both 1.2 & 1.6. This 3 year AMC is for new 1.2 buyers only. Paid AMC for 1.6 includes free oil & filter changes. 1.6 Polo owners can buy a new AMC for Rs.7,999/-
Old 20th June 2011, 17:59   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Warranty is 2 years on parts only for both 1.2 & 1.6. This 3 year AMC is for new 1.2 buyers only. Paid AMC for 1.6 includes free oil & filter changes. 1.6 Polo owners can buy a new AMC for Rs.7,999/-
Please ignore my previous post.

Just spoke to VW and heres what they have to say:

Standard Warranty - 2 years from date of purchase (on parts)
Extended Warranty - 2 years after the first term is over (on parts)
Charges for Extended Warranty = Rs.7,199/- for 2 years

Additional AMC for Polo 1.6 for 3 years is valid from date of purchase even if it is done midway but before completion of 1 year or 15000kms.

Charges for Additional AMC is Rs.19,900/- which inludes the cost of labor, oil & filter replacements for first year.

The new 3 year AMC is applicable to Polo 1.2 only.

Have requested VW to email both Extended Warranty & Extended AMC details ASAP. Will post once recieved.
Omega Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 19:08   #67
Senior - BHPian

Today while driving I had a power window problem. My driver side window was automatically going up and down After a few seconds it stabilized. Then I noticed the auto one-touch up/down feature wasn't working! Didn't work till the end of my journey(about 20kms). Then when I reached home, I tried rolling down the windows and voila, it was back to working again at one-touch!

Has anyone else faced this situation? Should I get worried? :P
Old 21st June 2011, 19:16   #68
Senior - BHPian

Notorious power window problem in Polo. Something to do with the sensitivity of anti pitch mechanism. Nothing to worry.Mostly goes away after a restart or supposed to go away after one software update.
Old 21st June 2011, 20:31   #69
BHPian

Extended Warranty Program (Polo/Vento/Jetta/Passat)

Extended Warranty Program (Polo/Vento/Jetta/Passat)

This program will be applicable for the 3rd & 4th year or upto 100000 kms from the date of Sales, whichever is earlier after the expiry of primary warranty of 2 years/unlimited kms.

This Extended Warranty shall commence on the expiry of the primary warranty.

List of Components Covered:

1.Engine
2.Manual Gearbox
3.Automatic Gearbox
4.Suspension and Steering
5.Braking System
6.Fuel System
7.Fuel Injection System
8.Air Conditioning
9.Electrical System
10.Oil Seals

Parts not covered:

1.Routine Maintenance Service Jobs
2.Parts Subject to normal Wear & Tear
3.Consumables
4.Rubber & Plastic Items

Any outer fitment done from any local vendor will void the entire warranty of the Vehicle.

Prices:

Polo (Petrol) Rs.7,199/-
Polo (Diesel) Rs.7,899/-
Vento (Petrol) Rs.10,599/-
Vento (Diesel) Rs.11,199/-
Jetta Rs.6,500/-
Passat Rs.13,500/-
Omega Man is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 20:36   #70
BHPian

Annual Maintenance Contract(Polo)

Sorry, unable to paste a XL sheet chart for polo AMC, will try again posting a picture.

Last edited by Omega Man : 21st June 2011 at 20:44.
Old 21st June 2011, 20:47   #71
BHPian

AMC will cover the Standard Service as per VW.

What is covered under this AMC: See attached chart.

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-amc.jpg

Terms and Conditions:

This offer includes the labour charges for the various jobs mentioned.

Service will be provided under the contract, only after producing this booklet at the time of servicing.

Any additional services/maintenance required between the prescribed interval will be at the customer's cost.

Local Taxes and other Levies will be charged as applicable.

The above offer is not applicable for any kind of accidential repairs or mechanical repairs

Prices:

3years or 45,000 kms - 19,900/-
4years or 60,000 kms - 34,072/-

The program will be applicable only when it is purchased before the 1st servicing of the Vehicle.

After the purchase of AMC, the facility can be availed in any part of India.
Old 22nd June 2011, 10:59   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Today while driving I had a power window problem. My driver side window was automatically going up and down After a few seconds it stabilized. Then I noticed the auto one-touch up/down feature wasn't working! Didn't work till the end of my journey(about 20kms). Then when I reached home, I tried rolling down the windows and voila, it was back to working again at one-touch!

Has anyone else faced this situation? Should I get worried? :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Notorious power window problem in Polo. Something to do with the sensitivity of anti pitch mechanism. Nothing to worry.Mostly goes away after a restart or supposed to go away after one software update.
The available software updates for Polo are 57D7, 97U2, 97T9, 48I8. One of these resolves the Power Window problem. The issue was frequent with my Polo before the application of these upgrades, but post upgrade it had happened only once, that too for a very short while, in the last 3 months. I cannot rule out a real physical obstruction like some dust particle / stone chip / insect for this single occurance.
sadnabrina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2011, 11:08   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
The available software updates for Polo are 57D7, 97U2, 97T9, 48I8. One of these resolves the Power Window problem.
hehe...I've had all of these updates 3 weeks back And never faced any issues before.
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:45   #74
BHPian

Quote:
hehe...I've had all of these updates 3 weeks back And never faced any issues before.
So the bug is still open. If VW followed TBHP, they would not need any testers to test the bug fixes. We are a bunch of dedicated testers for them.
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:41   #75
Senior - BHPian

I have a question regarding split rear seats. Those seats get locked behind by a mechanism and to fold it down you have to release the button next to the headrest, right? Cuz the rear seats in my car are not getting locked for some reason. They fold down just by a mild push. I tried a lot to make it lock to that hook behind but it isn't getting locked. Due to that, there is always a sound coming while going over rough roads. Any suggestions?

Most Viewed