Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2011, 00:17   #106
BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Uploading a high-res copy would help lot of members.
True.
I downloaded it from one of the Polo threads on Team BHP.
This is the actual size uploaded on that post.
Here's a link to that post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2161111

Last edited by Omega Man : 21st July 2011 at 00:21.
Old 21st July 2011, 15:59   #107
BHPian

VW Polo 1.6L HighLine Petrol

My appointment with VW Service has been postponed for 2morow morning as they have too many cars for service today.
Anyways, tell me if this is a joke:

I called ICICI Lombard to know more about my Motor Insurance Policy which states that its a 0% Depreciation Policy (Copper). On enquiring what copper means, the rep told me that copper means that any copper parts damaged during accident will be replaced free of charge. I told the rep that I guess thats not what it means, so he put me on hold and transferred the call to another lady who insisted that the first rep was right. Now, how many copper parts do we have in our car that need replacement after an accident?

Seriously guys, does this make sense or am I being had. Copper anyone!!!???
Omega Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 18:44   #108
BHPian

Re: VW Polo 1.6L HighLine Petrol

My policy is "0% Dep Silver". Mine is a silver studded Polo. ROFLMAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
I called ICICI Lombard to know more about my Motor Insurance Policy which states that its a 0% Depreciation Policy (Copper). On enquiring what copper means, the rep told me that copper means that any copper parts damaged during accident will be replaced free of charge. I told the rep that I guess thats not what it means, so he put me on hold and transferred the call to another lady who insisted that the first rep was right. Now, how many copper parts do we have in our car that need replacement after an accident?
sadnabrina is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 19:17   #109
BHPian

Quote:
My appointment with VW Service has been postponed for 2morow morning as they have too many cars for service today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
OT -

Thanks @Omega Man, @sadnabrina for sharing this. Good these guys are into motor insurance and not health insurance!
Old 21st July 2011, 20:35   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
What company's policy do you own? When I requested ICICI Lombard to upgrade my policy to Silver or Platinum, the ICICI Surveyor told me that there is no Silver or Platinum Policy for Polo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
OT -
Thanks @Omega Man, @sadnabrina for sharing this. Good these guys are into motor insurance and not health insurance!
And thank god microsoft is not into automobile industry. They would have windows all over the car and it would keeping on freezing and crashing all the time.
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:38   #111
BHPian

Just paid a visit to VW Thane today after prior appointment for our damaged bumper.

The Senior Service Manager took one quick look and gave us 2 options:

1) Repair the bumper by paying cash upfront
OR
2) Replace the bumper under insurance claim

He insisted that we get the bumper repaired to save on insurance NCB next year, despite his workshop denting painting guy insisting that all bumper tabs on the left side were broken from inside and it would be difficult to perform a patch-up job which also will not last long. Anyways, we asked him how much would it cost for repairs and for replacement. This is what he quoted:

Repairs for the front bumper will cost Rs.6000+

Replacing will cost Rs.8000+

Initially he quoted Rs.12000+ for replacement as he kept bungling and quoting Vento prices instead of Polo. When we informed him that front bumper for Polo should cost Rs.2500 + Rs.2500 for painting approximately, he then bought the amount down to Rs.8000+. He also kept saying, "how does it matter to you what the cost of replacement is when the insurance is paying the entire amount." He also informed us that though our insurance policy is cashless, there is a compulsory deductibles charge of Rs.1000 and an additional Rs.500 as consumables charge. The compulsory deductables is written on the policy document but not the consumables charge.

The damage does not seem much for the repair charge to be so high. Posting clear closeup pictures of the damaged bumper again for convenience. We have kept the matter on hold until Monday, so that we can get some valuable advice from experienced Team BHP Polo owners on the issue. Please advice.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-photo368.jpg  

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-photo369.jpg  

Last edited by Omega Man : 22nd July 2011 at 12:06.
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:30   #112
Senior - BHPian

I have a similar crack in my rear bumper since over 6 months now. Since the replacing/repairing cost was so high, I simply put a teambhp sticker on that The crack is not visible now!
theragingbull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:41   #113
BHPian

Quote:
What company's policy do you own? When I requested ICICI Lombard to upgrade my policy to Silver or Platinum, the ICICI Surveyor told me that there is no Silver or Platinum Policy for Polo?
Mine is from ICICI Lombard bought in Aug 2010. Attached screenshot - removed some text to safeguard privacy -
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-icici.jpg
Quote:
And thank god microsoft is not into automobile industry. They would have windows all over the car and it would keeping on freezing and crashing all the time.
LOL

Quote:
He insisted that we get the bumper repaired to save on insurance NCB next year, despite his workshop denting painting guy insisting that all bumper tabs on the left side were broken from inside and it would be difficult to perform a patch-up job which also will not last long. Anyways, we asked him how much would it cost for repairs and for replacement. This is what he quoted:
Omega Man - Both the quotes look high. Negotiate hard with them. IMHO Repair cost should not be more than 4K, considering full front bumper painting cost around 2.5K. There is no body work required, they need to pull the bumper back into shape and repair the damaged / cut bit. If possible check out with a local workshop, may be a Maruti/Hyundai authorized one and compare the cost. Also find out from them exactly how the damage will be required. That would help you get an fair estimate and power to negotiate.

Last edited by sadnabrina : 22nd July 2011 at 14:50. Reason: Added reply to Omega Man
sadnabrina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 13:13   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post
He was quick in guiding me to the workshop and introduced me to a mechanic who said the capacity was 4.5L! I asked him at that point as to why did he mention 3.5L on the phone.
That was a nice effort sir, but I still cant believe that a 1.2 diesel can take 4.5 L of engine oil.

Quote:
So moral of the story is: if you are in the Automotive industry, don't feel ashamed to flash your business card. People will fall in line!
Ya, this certainly work wonders. Have tried it with MS and Honda..

@Omega Man: the bumper can be put right in its place at no more than Rs.300. Any bumper guy that welds plastic bumper can weld the hole in your bumper from inside and fix all the broken locks. All that you will be left with is the area which lost its paint. Its too small a damage to be rectified IMHO. Of course, you will want your car to be in pristine condition, but in driving conditions like ours, how long can you expect the bumpers to remain in their best condition. I'd suggest you get it fixed outside and save your No CLAIM as well as the Rs1500 you mentioned as deductible changes.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 23rd July 2011 at 13:16.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 21:20   #115
BHPian

Quote:
The price seems to me a bit inflated, though I am not much experienced in these sort of things. I believe you got the answer/advise from experienced owners.

IMO, if one follows suggestion as per posts# 113/4/5 - damage may be repaired within 1K /- to 1.5K/- max. and that seems the best option.

Regarding insurance, I think its better to claim insurance if my expense is going to be more than the NCB.
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 00:25   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Ya, this certainly work wonders. Have tried it with MS and Honda..

@Omega Man: the bumper can be put right in its place at no more than Rs.300. Any bumper guy that welds plastic bumper can weld the hole in your bumper from inside and fix all the broken locks. All that you will be left with is the area which lost its paint. Its too small a damage to be rectified IMHO. Of course, you will want your car to be in pristine condition, but in driving conditions like ours, how long can you expect the bumpers to remain in their best condition. I'd suggest you get it fixed outside and save your No CLAIM as well as the Rs1500 you mentioned as deductible changes.
But not with VW, they just dont care.

My wife drives this car and was in tears the day she banged into the private bus. She does not tolerate so much as a speck of dust on her car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
The price seems to me a bit inflated, though I am not much experienced in these sort of things. I believe you got the answer/advise from experienced owners.

IMO, if one follows suggestion as per posts# 113/ 4/5 - damage may be repaired within 1K /- to 1.5K/- max. and that seems the best option.

Regarding insurance, I think its better to claim insurance if my expense is going to be more than the NCB.
NCB will be 20% of the premium but that can be negotiated when renewing the policy. Next time I will go for silver instead of copper. This can be achieved by pitting one insurance company against the other.

The final quote given by the ICICI Lombard Surveyor is Rs.4k for painting and Rs.2350/- for the front bumper. He said they have a specific pricelist for Polo for different service dealers. Will try to get that pricelist and post it here.

Also, observed this today and was delighted.

We were returning home after attending a private party tonight and as usual my wife was driving and I happened to look at the MID. It showed 18.6kmpl!!! For those familiar with Mumbai roads, we left Parel Village and encountered some traffic at Parel Naka and then at Sion Circle upto Chembur, after that it was smooth sailing and the MID showed an average of 18.6kmpl with the AC ON, just before Mulund Checkpost. Attached is a picture taken from my mobile.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-photo384.jpg  

Last edited by Omega Man : 24th July 2011 at 00:34.
Old 24th July 2011, 01:28   #117
Senior - BHPian

@Omega Man.....with a light foot on the throttle and cruising on the highway, the MID easily shows 18-20kpl. But it's not a real world figure. Since you live in Mumbai, I'd want to ask you how much FE do you get from the 1.2 petrol in the city? My driving is mostly in the city with occasional choc-o-block traffic+ 20% highway run and still I have never managed to get above 10kpl!!
Old 24th July 2011, 14:01   #118
BHPian

We have a 1.6L HL Petrol and normally get 10-12kmpl in Thane city as there are 5 bridges under construction on the stretch that we drive on. The ride is painstakingly slow and risky due to badly pot holed roads as a result of these under-construction bridges. Yesterday, she drove at speeds of mostly between 80-100. She is a safe driver possessing an international driving licence and is used to driving AT cars in Europe and African countries where the traffic laws are very stringent.

I remember the last time we drove to South Mumbai, the MID showed 16.6kmpl. I guess FE was lower as we travelled on a weekday during peak hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
@Omega Man.....with a light foot on the throttle and cruising on the highway, the MID easily shows 18-20kpl. But it's not a real world figure. Since you live in Mumbai, I'd want to ask you how much FE do you get from the 1.2 petrol in the city? My driving is mostly in the city with occasional choc-o-block traffic+ 20% highway run and still I have never managed to get above 10kpl!!

Last edited by Omega Man : 24th July 2011 at 14:10.
Old 27th July 2011, 12:31   #119
BHPian

Hi All,
My POLO TDI has already completed 13.5K on odo. I am very much concerned about the service cost which are going to come up. I regularly enquire about AMC for POLO diesel, but still VW hasn't come up with any scheme. To my surprise today I received a call from EVM motors, Kerala from where I took my car, saying they have come up with an AMC scheme which is organised by the dealership.
The AMC plan is like, Rs.27000/- for 3 years, which includes only one brake pad change and excludes tyre balancing and alignment cost.
I believe the POLO petrol AMC costed around Rs.21K for three years. I casually enquired how much each service would cost and they said for the first service would cost approx Rs.8.5K and following services would cost approx Rs.10K. So they were justifying Rs.27K for AMC is not too much.
My question for our community is, is it worthy enough to take the AMC for Rs.27K?
Old 27th July 2011, 18:30   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulrajeev View Post
Hi All,
My POLO TDI has already completed 13.5K on odo. I am very much concerned about the service cost which are going to come up. I regularly enquire about AMC for POLO diesel, but still VW hasn't come up with any scheme. To my surprise today I received a call from EVM motors, Kerala from where I took my car, saying they have come up with an AMC scheme which is organised by the dealership.
The AMC plan is like, Rs.27000/- for 3 years, which includes only one brake pad change and excludes tyre balancing and alignment cost.
I believe the POLO petrol AMC costed around Rs.21K for three years. I casually enquired how much each service would cost and they said for the first service would cost approx Rs.8.5K and following services would cost approx Rs.10K. So they were justifying Rs.27K for AMC is not too much.
My question for our community is, is it worthy enough to take the AMC for Rs.27K?
I recently went to have my air filter and brake pads cleaned at the workshop when they handed me this: A 1 year AMC for the Polo TDI valued at 18,980 and being offered at 11,990 for 1 year or 15K kms from the date of purchase of the scheme. I can scan it for you if you'd like a copy. In my opinion it was not worth the money so did not opt for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks