Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2011, 19:08   #121
BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Doesnt seem like its worth it. I had posted complete details of the AMC and Extended Warranty on Page 5 of this thread. Reproduced below for your convenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
Extended Warranty Program (Polo/Vento/Jetta/Passat)

This program will be applicable for the 3rd & 4th year or upto 100000 kms from the date of Sales, whichever is earlier after the expiry of primary warranty of 2 years/unlimited kms.

This Extended Warranty shall commence on the expiry of the primary warranty.

List of Components Covered:

1.Engine
2.Manual Gearbox
3.Automatic Gearbox
4.Suspension and Steering
5.Braking System
6.Fuel System
7.Fuel Injection System
8.Air Conditioning
9.Electrical System
10.Oil Seals

Parts not covered:

1.Routine Maintenance Service Jobs
2.Parts Subject to normal Wear & Tear
3.Consumables
4.Rubber & Plastic Items

Any outer fitment done from any local vendor will void the entire warranty of the Vehicle.

Prices:

Polo (Petrol) Rs.7,199/-
Polo (Diesel) Rs.7,899/-
Vento (Petrol) Rs.10,599/-
Vento (Diesel) Rs.11,199/-
Jetta Rs.6,500/-
Passat Rs.13,500/-
Quote:
Annual Maintenance Contract(Polo)

AMC will cover the Standard Service as per VW.

What is covered under this AMC: See attached chart.

Attachment 564212

Terms and Conditions:

This offer includes the labour charges for the various jobs mentioned.

Service will be provided under the contract, only after producing this booklet at the time of servicing.

Any additional services/maintenance required between the prescribed interval will be at the customer's cost.

Local Taxes and other Levies will be charged as applicable.

The above offer is not applicable for any kind of accidential repairs or mechanical repairs

Prices:

3years or 45,000 kms - 19,900/-
4years or 60,000 kms - 34,072/-

The program will be applicable only when it is purchased before the 1st servicing of the Vehicle.

After the purchase of AMC, the facility can be availed in any part of India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulrajeev View Post
Hi All,
My POLO TDI has already completed 13.5K on odo. I am very much concerned about the service cost which are going to come up. I regularly enquire about AMC for POLO diesel, but still VW hasn't come up with any scheme. To my surprise today I received a call from EVM motors, Kerala from where I took my car, saying they have come up with an AMC scheme which is organised by the dealership.
The AMC plan is like, Rs.27000/- for 3 years, which includes only one brake pad change and excludes tyre balancing and alignment cost.
I believe the POLO petrol AMC costed around Rs.21K for three years. I casually enquired how much each service would cost and they said for the first service would cost approx Rs.8.5K and following services would cost approx Rs.10K. So they were justifying Rs.27K for AMC is not too much.
My question for our community is, is it worthy enough to take the AMC for Rs.27K?
Old 29th July 2011, 20:38   #122
BHPian

VW Polo 1.6L Highline Petrol

Got the new bumper fixed yesterday, the car looks good and new again.

Applied for claim on Monday and after the Surveyor had approved the claim, I took the car home from the Service Centre. Got a call on Wednesday that the new bumper is painted and ready to fit. Took the car to service the next day and got it fixed in an hour followed by a complimentary Wash and Polish.

Total damages: Rs.7699/-
Bumper Painting: Rs.4013+ taxes
Front Bumper: Rs.2114+ taxes
Consumables: Rs.350+ taxes
Labor charge: Rs.170+ taxes

Compulsory deductibles: Rs.1000/- (as mentioned in the Insurance document).

I had to pay a consumables charge of Rs.350/- and a Compulsory deductibles charge of Rs. 1000/-. Rest was claimed under insurance.

Although I gave 100% feedback for this service using their Instant Feedback Device located at their front office, there were some teething issues with service, so had to stand there personally and get the work done in my presence.

Last edited by Omega Man : 29th July 2011 at 20:48.
Omega Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 21:32   #123
Senior - BHPian

@Omegaman....I thought insurance covers only 50% on plastics parts! Which insurance do you have that covered the whole amount?
Old 29th July 2011, 22:17   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
@Omegaman....I thought insurance covers only 50% on plastics parts! Which insurance do you have that covered the whole amount?
Zohaib, its a 0% Depreciation, Cashless Policy (Copper) with a host of other features from ICICI Lombard. If its Silver, even consumables are covered. sadnabrina has the Silver Policy and will be able to tell you more about it.

Last edited by Omega Man : 29th July 2011 at 22:45.
Old 30th July 2011, 10:12   #125
BHPian

Guys,
I noticed something strange in my Polo today morning. I parked my car on the side and when i started moving away form it, i suddenly realised that the left hand side parking lights (Front & Back) were ON!! I checked to see if the parking light switch, but it was switched OFF.
Then i suddenly realised that the Indicator stalk was still enabled. When i brought it to the normal position, the outside Parking lights went off!!

Can you guys check if you're having the same problem??
This is a Feb 2011 Registered Base variant Petrol Polo.

Thanks,
Varun
Old 30th July 2011, 10:33   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedmisile View Post
Guys,
I noticed something strange in my Polo today morning. I parked my car on the side and when i started moving away form it, i suddenly realised that the left hand side parking lights (Front & Back) were ON!! I checked to see if the parking light switch, but it was switched OFF.
Then i suddenly realised that the Indicator stalk was still enabled. When i brought it to the normal position, the outside Parking lights went off!!

Thanks,
Varun
This was there in my Skoda octavia also, nothing to worry about.
Old 30th July 2011, 16:19   #127
Senior - BHPian

I have made my Polo a GTI PS'ed

BTW found out that the GTI grill for our Polo is available for just $30. And $60 after shipping to India.
VW Polo 9N3 GTI Honeycomb Front Center Grille New Parts - DragTimes.com

How's the look?
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-polo-gti.jpg  

Last edited by theragingbull : 30th July 2011 at 16:28.
Old 30th July 2011, 22:40   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Got the new bumper fixed yesterday, the car looks good and new again.
Congratulations Omega Man on getting your ride back to its original state. Pics plz.

Please take a look at the below, fantastic job done at 1/5th of the price, would be helpful for all of us, car owners, in future -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2448156

Quote:
I have made my Polo a GTI PS'ed

BTW found out that the GTI grill for our Polo is available for just $30. And $60 after shipping to India.
VW Polo 9N3 GTI Honeycomb Front Center Grille New Parts - DragTimes.com

How's the look?
@theragingbull - It looks great. Not sure though how many of average car owners (non-BHPians) would get this . But I must say, that the color of your Polo seems to be the favorite amongst Polo owners. In my area I noticed at least 3/5 new Polos are P. Grey.

==================

Query - Can we, Polo owners use this headlight set without affecting warranty? Can anybody confirm?

Please refer attached pic, this seems to be standard in Polo @Europe -
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-polo_intl_headlight.jpg

Last edited by AvonA7 : 30th July 2011 at 22:41.
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2011, 22:46   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Query - Can we, Polo owners use this headlight set without affecting warranty? Can anybody confirm?

Please refer attached pic, this seems to be standard in Polo @Europe -
It might void warranty and is hard to find. The best thing you can do is just 'smoke' the current headlamps to make it look like the Euro ones.
theragingbull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2011, 22:50   #130
BHPian

Quote:
It might void warranty and is hard to find. The best thing you can do is just 'smoke' the current headlamps to make it look like the Euro ones.
Thanks, theragingbull for the prompt response.

Shall check with the dealership, not sure about the authenticity of their response (while buying the car they told me that if I get car mats from outside VW, thats enough to void warranty ).

I think we can get it from Europe easily as its standard fitment in Polos@Europe.

Smoking the headlight is a good idea but the with quality of lamp in Polos I doubt howmuch light will actually pass through the glass at the end of it

Last edited by AvonA7 : 30th July 2011 at 22:53.
Old 30th July 2011, 23:17   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Omega Man on getting your ride back to its original state. Pics plz.

Please take a look at the below, fantastic job done at 1/5th of the price, would be helpful for all of us, car owners, in future -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2448156
Thanks Avon, will post some pix soon.

This PDR seems like amazing stuff. Pity I could not use it as my bumper was punctured and had a gaping hole in it. Thanks for the useful info though.
The reason my bumper tore is: There was a heavy metal square tube (looks like a part of the chassis that protects the radiator) with an open edge where the bumper got pushed in. Since the bumper got pushed just next to the edge of this heavy metal square tube, it tore between the portion that went in and the portion that could not.
Old 30th July 2011, 23:25   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Shall check with the dealership, not sure about the authenticity of their response (while buying the car they told me that if I get car mats from outside VW, thats enough to void warranty ).
Next they will say, if you use fuel from any pump, the warranty is void. OR if this car is driven by anyone else other than the owner, warranty is void.

Quote:
I think we can get it from Europe easily as its standard fitment in Polos@Europe.
After the accident, I decided to check for internal damage. It took just 2 fasteners (screws) 3 connectors and 5 minutes to completely remove and refit the headlight using the torx screwdriver supplied with the toolkit.

Does anyone know of the new OIL SUMP GUARD / UNDER BODY COVER under new Polo TDI's?

Anything worth getting for Polo from Singapore? Accessories or otherwise?

Last edited by Omega Man : 30th July 2011 at 23:29.
Old 30th July 2011, 23:30   #133
BHPian

Quote:
...as my bumper was punctured and had a gaping hole in it. Thanks for the useful info though.
The reason my bumper tore is: There was a heavy metal square tube (looks like a part of the chassis that protects the radiator) with an open edge where the bumper got pushed in. Since the bumper got pushed just next to the edge of this heavy metal square tube, it tore between the portion that went in and the portion that could not.
Noted, yes, you are correct, in case of above mentioned issues, I am not sure how useful the previously mentioned method can be. Because repairing a hole would be bit tough without melting/heating the existing bumper, IMO.

And as per your post the damage seems to be close to radiator, I guess its good that the damaged bumper didn't touch the radiator. Anyways, I am sure we all car owners riding in mad city traffic will have these kind of experience sometime, so better to forget, past is past and enjoy your ride

Quote:
Does anyone know of the new OIL SUMP GUARD / UNDER BODY COVER under new Polo TDI's?
You may refer this one though -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2450076

Last edited by AvonA7 : 30th July 2011 at 23:40. Reason: merge post
Old 1st August 2011, 19:33   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedmisile View Post
Guys,

Thanks,
Varun
Varun,
Nothing to worry about. This is a feature available in most European cars. The reason being - in the comparatively (than US) narrower roads of some EU countries you are at times required to park the car on the side of a narrow road. What you do is switch on the indicator to the side facing the road and take the keys out and lock the car. The parking lights on that side of the car switches on. This increases the visibility of your car to fellow drivers and makes it safe for everyone.
Incidentally, this feature was there in some of the initial Polos but was later removed (my 1.6 delivered in Aug '10 does not have it), it seems they have reinstated it now. I think it is just a quick software tweak which they can enable / disable in the workshop. If you do not want it, next time you go to the service station ask the SA to see if he can disable it.
sadnabrina is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2011, 13:11   #135
Senior - BHPian

Need advise! My Polo's insurance is due to be renewed soon. Have had Royal Sundaram for the first year but didn't really have a good experience with them when I had met with an accident once. They were pretty slow in service and always quoted the wrong numbers.

So this time, I'm opting for Bharti Axa. Premium is Rs.15,000 (including add-on insurance that includes 100% cover of plastic parts) and 0% depriciation. So please advise me if this is a good option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks