Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2012, 18:19   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone know the costs for 2 year service for TDI polo? If you have completed this, please let me know. I have been quoted Rs. 18500 buVW Anna Nagar in Chennai but find that hard to believe.
Old 2nd May 2012, 18:26   #212
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Hi 84.monsoon

Heres service report of somebody's Polo (first 5 services):

First Service:
Kms Done = 14,519kms
Dated: 10 September, 2010
Workshop Details: World Class Automobiles Pvt Ltd, 68/3, Najafgarh Road, Moti Nagar, New Delhi-110015.
Cost: Rs. 8,210/-
Work Done:
1. Filter Element with Gasket
2. AC Filter
3. Air Filter
4. Wind Screen Cleaner
5. Plug with Washer
6. Distilled Water
7. Engine Oil 5W40
8. Sticker
Ratings: Best, fully satisfied

Second Service:
Kms Done =29,478kms
Dated: 13 Jan, 2011
Workshop details: 117-118 Km Stone, G.T Road, NH-1, Karnal - 132 001, Haryana
Cost: Rs. 12,734/-
Work Done:
1. Oil Filter
2. Air Filter
3. Dust and Pollen Filter
4. Fuel Filter
5. Engine Oil
6. Front Brake Pads (Set of 4)
7. Wheel Balancing
8. Wheel Alignment
9. Tyre Rotation

Third Service:
Kms Done = 43,991 kms
Dated: 10 June, 2011
Workshop Details: 117-118 Km Stone, G.T Road, NH-1, Karnal - 132 001, Haryana
Cost: Rs. 21,904/- (Including Accidental Repair)
Work Done:
1. Oil Sump Replacement
2. Engine Oil
3. Fuel Filter
4. Air Filter
5. Dust and Pollen Filter
6. Spacer Ring
VW Karnal = Ok

Forth Service:
Kms Done = 58,452 kms
Dated: 04 November, 2011
Workshop Details: Volkswagen Gurgaon Khasra No. 2482-84, Near Aardee City, Sector-52, Gurgaon - 122 002 New Delhi & NCR
Cost: Rs. 15,474/-
Work Done:
1. Engine oil
2. Oil Filter
3. Air Filter
4. KRSTOF FILTER (part no: 6RF127400A)
5. Dust and Pollen Filter
6. Windshield Cleaner
7. Plug
8. 1 Set of Brake Pads for Discs
9. Brake Discs (Ventilated)
10. Wheel Balancing
11. Wheel Alignment
12. Tyre Rotation
Ratings : Satisfactory

Fifth Service:
Kms Done = 73,000 kms
Dated: 24 March, 2011
Workshop Details: World Class Automobiles Pvt. Ltd. 68/3, Near Moti nagar, Najaffgarh Road, Moti nagar, Near Moti Nagar Metro Station, New Delhi - 110 015 New Delhi & NCR
Cost: Rs. 11,310
Work Done:
1. Engine oil
2. Air Filter
3. Dust and Pollen Filter
4. Fuel Filter
5. Filter Element
6. Plug
7. Battery Water
8. Windscreen Cleaner
9. Silicon Spray (Shock Absorbers)
10. Wheel Balancing
11. Spring
12. Bulb (Front Parking one)
Ratings: Best, fully satisfied

Hope it helps.
joslicx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 23:07   #213
Senior - BHPian

Note: I should mention the source of this information on Polo maintenance costs. It is taken from a report on user forums hosted on vwfansforum

Note to Mods: Please add this to the above post.

Last edited by joslicx : 2nd May 2012 at 23:19.
Old 3rd May 2012, 13:51   #214
Senior - BHPian

Brake pads are the ones that will be generally replaced periodically - Even if it does not warrant.

This is one reason, I believe that a service center (any make) will treat customers with and without AMC - differently. From my experience, I have found out the hard way, that we spend more money on service if we do not take an AMC. This is mainly because service centers tend to cheat customers by replacing parts even if it is not required.

I still feel that spending 34k on AMC, for 4 services is worth it. Sorry to be insisting on this again and again. But, this is my honest opinion..

In my case, brake pads were not worn-out. I am still running with the one which came with the car. My ODO reads close to 37K. Another 5K left for the 3rd service (12K + 15K + 15K). As per the AMC, I have got one set with me during the second service. I am planning to get it replaced during the 3rd service.

One more thing I want to share: Engine oil level has not dropped until now. It has been about 10K Kms after the second service. Usually, I used to top-up with about 500ml oil every 7K Kms. Need to keep a tab on this for an other 15K Kms. Only than we can conclude something..
Old 5th May 2012, 18:29   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

I just found my rear glass smashed.

How? No idea: we haven't been out for several days and we keep the car covered. A vandal's stone, or some freak effect of heat, maybe.

If this was London, this is what would happen: I would call the insurance company, who would send one of a couple of major auto-glass dealers/fitters to my house. In fact, there would be a dedicated number for glass issues. Within a few hours, even in the evening, the fitters would arrive and the job would be done, or, as happened last time, I would say, "I can bring the car to your depot," and they'd say, "We'd really appreciate that." (it was a cracked windscreen: illegal to drive under British law, but not insecure/dangerous.) The car would be back on the road within hours. It would not even cost me anything, as the comprehensive policy would cover glass without even affecting the no-claims bonus. Sounds like a dream, eh?

This is Chennai. We called our sales guy. We have to call the service centre in Ambattur (we are in the Southern suburbs) and hopefully might get it done on Monday, but we cannot get them now because they have finished for the day. They might not even have the glass in stock...

I guess I'll have my own report on VW service next week

(Of course, it would only be fair to mention, when comparing London to Chennai, that London has a lot more instances of theft of/from cars. We have that to come. And that the weather there is unbearable )

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 5th May 2012 at 18:34.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 12:48   #216
BHPian

Hi all, I have been thinking of buying a Polo 1.2 Comfortline (P) for a while now. But i have not been able to make up my mind. The only reason for that is that I was unsure of the service quality of VW, more because of the pathetic quality of service provided by the sister concern Skoda.

My personal feedback is that it has only bettered with time. A friend of mine who owns a Polo 1.2 Trendline (P) seemed happy with their service.

But I wanted to ask the other owners of this car here about the service quality they have been offered. Please help guys.
Old 16th May 2012, 09:17   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
Hi all, I have been thinking of buying a Polo 1.2 Comfortline (P) for a while now. But i have not been able to make up my mind. The only reason for that is that I was unsure of the service quality of VW, more because of the pathetic quality of service provided by the sister concern Skoda.

My personal feedback is that it has only bettered with time. A friend of mine who owns a Polo 1.2 Trendline (P) seemed happy with their service.

But I wanted to ask the other owners of this car here about the service quality they have been offered. Please help guys.
Go ahead and buy it. The service has been very good in most cases. In fact even in the early days of the Polo, I had received excellent service. it is no different today. Since I bought my Polo TDI, my extended family has 3 more. All have had excellent service experiences.
Old 16th May 2012, 10:17   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Go ahead and buy it. The service has been very good in most cases. In fact even in the early days of the Polo, I had received excellent service. it is no different today. Since I bought my Polo TDI, my extended family has 3 more. All have had excellent service experiences.
Thanks NevGin . Though i am still considering other options, Polo is still on the top of my mind. Will post an update on another thread about my entire journey soon
Old 16th May 2012, 17:29   #219
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bosch wiper blades for Polo - 3 397 101 057

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Yesterday I measured the wiper blade size in the Polo which came out to be around 600 mm (24 inch) and 400 mm (16 inch) respectively for the driver side and passenger side.
Hi Sadnabrina. I am confused. I just measured the size of the wipers on my Polo 1.6 and they are 22" and 15". But the fact you have not only measured the wipers but fitted them too with no issues makes me wonder if I am missing something here.
Old 18th May 2012, 10:46   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic

Hi Sadnabrina. I am confused. I just measured the size of the wipers on my Polo 1.6 and they are 22" and 15". But the fact you have not only measured the wipers but fitted them too with no issues makes me wonder if I am missing something here.
No idea. Did they change the OEM size? But since mine runs on Bosch ,600/400 mm you can switch if you want to.
Old 18th May 2012, 12:19   #221

Hi

This is a bit of an urgent situation. My Polo TDI has covered 7000km and I'm planning to leave for a 320km long drive tonight. By the time I'm back my car would be due for fluid top-up at 7500km(as per the manual) so I thought I'll get it done before I leave but unfortunately none of the workshops are free today. Do u think I can leave without worry? I have no idea how to change fluids in my car so wouldn't want to do it myself..unless its really easy :P

Thanks and I would really appreciate a quick reply on this!
Old 18th May 2012, 18:23   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeltufnel View Post
Hi

This is a bit of an urgent situation. My Polo TDI has covered 7000km and I'm planning to leave for a 320km long drive tonight. By the time I'm back my car would be due for fluid top-up at 7500km(as per the manual) so I thought I'll get it done before I leave but unfortunately none of the workshops are free today. Do u think I can leave without worry? I have no idea how to change fluids in my car so wouldn't want to do it myself..unless its really easy :P

Thanks and I would really appreciate a quick reply on this!
Most certainly you can. I had topped up nothing on my TDI at that mileage. Come back from your trip and then top up engine oil. Everything else should need no topping up. Remember, you do not need to change the fluids just top up.
Old 26th May 2012, 13:15   #223
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, anybody has Polo's user manual in PDF ?
Old 26th May 2012, 14:10   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Polo user manual is a waste of space: 99% of it deals with features that we don't get here .

To be fair... I had a similar feeling about my UK Golf's manual twenty years ago, except that was probably only 60%. Whilst a lot of it can be explained by different variants, when basic stuff like the locking mechanism doesn't have the basic documented features, it's a bit bad.

I feel that that the Polo manual is VW shouting, "Whoa! Look what we didn't give you!"
Old 26th May 2012, 16:22   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Polo user manual is a waste of space: 99% of it deals with features that we don't get here .
Yeah, you are right but still I need a PDF user manual.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks