Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2015, 16:28   #766
BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi@98 View Post
Hey,
Check Engine light started flashing on my 1.2 TDI(104000km) since yesterday. Hooked it up to OBD and error code p0405 showed up. Googled for the same and got 'Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor A Circuit Low'.
Has anyone else faced the same error code?. Please enlighten me on this issue.
I am not sure about the Error code, but I did get CEL flashing. When they hooked laptop, it was showing error related to EGR. The problem was resolved by replacing EGR wiring harness.
Old 24th April 2015, 10:06   #767
BHPian

I gave my GT TDi for a checkup yesterday since i was feeling a slight noise coming from the rear and I was worried that i might have damaged a part of the suspension due to the sorry state of roads in Mumbai (almost all the major/ popular roads are being resurfaced at the same time).

I scheduled a pick up and drop (FOC) from VW service located at Sewri. The service was prompt and good. I also wanted them to check my engine oil since it seemed low when I checked (checked after a drive, with the engine at operational temps). However they felt the oil was at the optimal levels.

They fixed most of the noise, (more on this below) but i feel i might be cursed by the infamous door rattle. They also obliged me by supplying a full bottle of engine oil at cost, even though he told me that its not something they usually do as practice.

Overall, a good experience.

I went over a pretty big "expansion joint" on the highway the other day, and the car feels loose to me. Maybe its just in my head, but is there something I should look for to rectify or tighten?

/Side note - they quoted approx 2000 for the additional horn to be added. Will get it done sometime in May due to time constraints.
Old 24th April 2015, 10:50   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmridul View Post
/Side note - they quoted approx 2000 for the additional horn to be added. Will get it done sometime in May due to time constraints.
Do you have the Trendline and upgrading to the twin tone horns found in the higher variants ? Or are you adding on an additional horn on top of the existing horn - did VW really agree to do that ?
Old 24th April 2015, 12:57   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutts View Post
Do you have the Trendline and upgrading to the twin tone horns found in the higher variants ? Or are you adding on an additional horn on top of the existing horn - did VW really agree to do that ?
I have the 2014 facelifted GT TDi. The horn sounds absolutely horrible, and hence decided to get it changed/ upgraded. They dint require any persuasion to change the horn and were perfectly fine with it.

A few members here have already gotten their horns changed/ upgraded IIRC.
Old 25th April 2015, 11:22   #770
Team-BHP Support

Here's the invoice for the replacement of the Polo's windshield for reference:

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-wp_20150424_22_05_56_pro.jpg
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 21:06   #771
Distinguished - BHPian

Cheap I would say. I also have a chip on my windshield but frankly no effect at all.
Old 29th April 2015, 16:46   #772
BHPian

First service on my GT TDi has not gone down very smooth. During a check up @13,500kms I had reported of a jittery noise coming from the front part of the car, which was diagnosed to be a steering rack issue. A warranty claim was made to replaced the part with the first service. Monday when I dropped my car off for service I got a call back informing the rear right wheel's bearing must also be replaced due to noise. All under warranty. The car is held up at KUN VW Thillaiganga nagar service station for 3 days now to get these issues resolved.
Today the SA - Anish confirmed the steering column needs to be checked too and if need be this needs to be replaced. Again, all under warranty -

What I appreciate -
1. SA has been pro-active in diagnosing the issues
2. Though he hasn't called by himself, he has been patient with my queries for as many times that i've called him
3. KUN VW has provided me a spare car - Vento TDI HL until I get the car back

What makes me anxious -
1. The car is 10 months old and driven very very sensibly and on great roads 99%of times. Its only me who drives the car
2. What good is a quality check if 3 parts have failed - Steering Rack, Steering Column and Rear Right wheel bearings all in 10 months of ownership and 15000kms of running
3. Though the car has been very good to drive with say, no issues, what if it leaves me stranded due to a probable manufacturing defect

Any pointers please.

Last edited by no_boundaries : 29th April 2015 at 17:06.
Old 29th April 2015, 18:04   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
First service on my GT TDi has not gone down very smooth. During a check up @13,500kms I had reported of a jittery noise coming from the front part of the car, which was diagnosed to be a steering rack issue. A warranty claim was made to replaced the part with the first service. Monday when I dropped my car off for service I got a call back informing the rear right wheel's bearing must also be replaced due to noise. All under warranty. The car is held up at KUN VW Thillaiganga nagar service station for 3 days now to get these issues resolved.
Today the SA - Anish confirmed the steering column needs to be checked too and if need be this needs to be replaced. Again, all under warranty -

What I appreciate -
1. SA has been pro-active in diagnosing the issues
2. Though he hasn't called by himself, he has been patient with my queries for as many times that i've called him
3. KUN VW has provided me a spare car - Vento TDI HL until I get the car back

What makes me anxious -
1. The car is 10 months old and driven very very sensibly and on great roads 99%of times. Its only me who drives the car
2. What good is a quality check if 3 parts have failed - Steering Rack, Steering Column and Rear Right wheel bearings all in 10 months of ownership and 15000kms of running
3. Though the car has been very good to drive with say, no issues, what if it leaves me stranded due to a probable manufacturing defect

Any pointers please.
I think within the first 7-8 months of Vento ownership, I too had my steering column replaced. In addition, in those first few months, engine mounts were changed as a informal recall item, and the front discs were changed & the clutch hose pipe (forgetting the exact part name). I too thought I'd made a huge mistake buying the car. But after that, the car has been just faultless. It's been almost 4 years now, and not a single issue.

In retrospect, there was certainly a QA issue, because the car came with some manufacturing faults, which showed up then, but after those had been fixed, you're all good. Because fundamentally the car is rock solid. So, I'd say, stop worrying, and have fun with your car - it's an awesome drive, and gives you joy like no other car in this price bracket.
Old 29th April 2015, 18:20   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
It's been almost 4 years now, and not a single issue.

So, I'd say, stop worrying, and have fun with your car - it's an awesome drive, and gives you joy like no other car in this price bracket.
Those words mean a lot. Thank you. Hoping for the best.
Old 30th April 2015, 21:49   #775
BHPian

First Service Done @ 15,150Kms, 10 months from date of purchase @ Rs9,268/-

The car has become super smooth. I drove a new GT TDI with 7Kms on the OD my car is as smooth as that and I'm sure happy.

Other than the regular stuff -
1. Wheel balancing and alignment was done at the service center considering its much more expensive outside in Chennai
2. Rear Right wheel bearing was replaced under warranty
3. Rattle from rack was checked with a new steering rack, which did not solve the problem. Hence a steering column replacement is proposed under warranty. This would be confirmed with their findings by a 'Flying Doctor' - a VW service man independent of the service station to sort warranty issues. He is expected to come on the 5th of May. Curious to understand this man's JD.
4. Introspection on the down time for a mere first service and part replacement at 4 days

One serious doubt I've been having on the car is if i decide to sell the car due to some reason, would these parts that were replaced under warranty affect my resale value ? The guys from KUN VW seem to agree as they run a used car dealership as well.
Old 1st May 2015, 10:08   #776
Team-BHP Support

Guys, just a friendly headsup - please ensure that you remove all the stuff/accessories from the car’s glove box, cubby holes, armrest storage, boot and elsewhere before handing the car over for service. Might be a good idea to keep a checklist handy in your phone or elsewhere. The service center will insist that the responsibility of removing the stuff lies with the owner and will gladly wash their hands of the issue.

A good friend’s GT went for service at VW Palace Cross’ service center at Bangalore Motors, Hessargatta and the MapMyIndia’s mSD card in the HU was missing when he took the delivery. But he decided to fight back, escalated the issue to the GM when the CRM failed to respond positively and finally got a reimbursement of Rs. 4300.
Old 1st May 2015, 11:27   #777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Guys, just a friendly headsup - please ensure that you remove all the stuff/accessories from the car’s glove box, cubby holes, armrest storage, boot and elsewhere before handing the car over for service. Might be a good idea to keep a checklist handy in your phone or elsewhere. The service center will insist that the responsibility of removing the stuff lies with the owner and will gladly wash their hands of the issue.

A good friend’s GT went for service at VW Palace Cross’ service center at Bangalore Motors, Hessargatta and the MapMyIndia’s mSD card in the HU was missing when he took the delivery. But he decided to fight back, escalated the issue to the GM when the CRM failed to respond positively and finally got a reimbursement of Rs. 4300.
Gannu, I don't know whether this is a coincidence, last week I had given Polo for bodywork at VW Whitefield. The car was standing in the front of the workshop. When I was syncing with the SA, some one drove the car inside.By the time I went to collect the valuables, SD card in the HU was long gone. This in a matter of 10 minutes. 2 workshop boys were playing with HU but played total ignorance of the matter.
Old 1st May 2015, 12:21   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Gannu, I don't know whether this is a coincidence, last week I had given Polo for bodywork at VW Whitefield. The car was standing in the front of the workshop. When I was syncing with the SA, some one drove the car inside.By the time I went to collect the valuables, SD card in the HU was long gone. This in a matter of 10 minutes. 2 workshop boys were playing with HU but played total ignorance of the matter.
If you could identify the HU as yours at first glance, didnt you ask to inspect it? Am sure you would have had serial numbers or some identification which you could match with the original invoice/warranty etc.

If they have really nicked it from under your very nose then this is thuggery of the highest order
Old 1st May 2015, 12:24   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
If you could identify the HU as yours at first glance, didnt you ask to inspect it? Am sure you would have had serial numbers or some identification which you could match with the original invoice/warranty etc.

If they have really nicked it from under your very nose then this is thuggery of the highest order
It was the SD card plugged in to the HU not the HU itself. SD cards are hot favorites to get flicked since these are not easily trackable.
Old 1st May 2015, 13:08   #780
Distinguished - BHPian

Whenever I take the polo in, the service adviser is very particular that I should remove all such items as thumb drives. He doesn't recognise that the low-order VW-standard head unit does not even accept such things!

Yes, we empty all car contents into a laundry basket the night before service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks