Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2009, 00:33   #616
BHPian

I was going through car accessories on rediff shopping. I found these and they appear to be quite helpful. Can anyone comment on usefulness of these articles as I want to buy them soon:

1. Jumbo car sponge. Link:- Car Care Super Jumbo Car Sponge gifts in india at rediff shopping.

2. Chamois Car Cloth. Link:- Premium Chamois Car Cloth Excellent Quality gifts in india at rediff shopping.

CAR SYNTHETIC CHAMOIS gifts in india at rediff shopping.

3. CHENILE WASH MITT. Link:- MULTI PURPOSE CHENILE WASH MITT USE IN CAR HOMES ETC... gifts in india at rediff shopping.
Old 9th May 2009, 00:34   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Hey bottle,

Is it effective ? Where did u pick it up from and price ?

Havent yet tried it, its really really soft and i'm guessing that since the bristles are not plastic it wont cause as much scratches as the ones you get at traffic lights. got it off ebay , you decide if its worth the price

eBay Australia Shop - The Australian Duster Company: Ostrich Feathers, Ostrich Feather Dusters, Lambswool Powder Puffs
Old 9th May 2009, 12:19   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Havent yet tried it, its really really soft and i'm guessing that since the bristles are not plastic it wont cause as much scratches as the ones you get at traffic lights. got it off ebay , you decide if its worth the price

eBay Australia Shop - The Australian Duster Company: Ostrich Feathers, Ostrich Feather Dusters, Lambswool Powder Puffs
I think I'm gonna try a desi version first

eBay India: Jopasu Car Duster (item 110366134371 end time 18-May-2009 17:43:21 IST)
Old 10th May 2009, 23:55   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvarunagarwal View Post
I was going through car accessories on rediff shopping. I found these and they appear to be quite helpful. Can anyone comment on usefulness of these articles as I want to buy them soon:

2. Chamois Car Cloth. Link:- Premium Chamois Car Cloth Excellent Quality gifts in india at rediff shopping.

CAR SYNTHETIC CHAMOIS gifts in india at rediff shopping.
@175 bucks for this?

These are from Reliance Mart @ 99 a piece. Reliance Recron options @Rs. 90...

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-untitled.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-3mcleaningclothback.jpg

Name:  3Mcleaningclothfront.jpg
Views: 1216
Size:  25.9 KB
Old 11th May 2009, 15:52   #620
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Vidyuth from Bangalore i found a place in Indira Nagar where they do 3M job outside the dealership networks. Did a complete, surface refinement, scratch removal and polish job. Results are pretty impressive i say, though its lil costly. Rs 3,000.

Will give them 4.75/5 and old man has termed the quality of work as excellent Picture update maybe next weekend.
Old 11th May 2009, 16:00   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Thanks to Vidyuth from Bangalore i found a place in Indira Nagar where they do 3M job outside the dealership networks. Did a complete, surface refinement, scratch removal and polish job. Results are pretty impressive i say, though its lil costly. Rs 3,000.

Will give them 4.75/5 and old man has termed the quality of work as excellent Picture update maybe next weekend.
Seems interesting and would be convenient. Can you refer the place as well its address.

The car sponge from rediff link looks like a ripoff. Any local shop would sell two for half the price.
chamois is available in any dollar store for Rs.99 as well
I get my wiper fluid from them too.

Last edited by marlinspike : 11th May 2009 at 16:03.
Old 11th May 2009, 16:52   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post
@175 bucks for this?

These are from Reliance Mart @ 99 a piece. Reliance Recron options @Rs. 90...

Where can I get hold of the 3M cloth and others mentioned by you in Delhi?
Old 11th May 2009, 17:04   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarprusty View Post
Amway Car Wash (Rs 200)+Silicone Glaze Polish (Rs 400)+Leather Vinyl Interior Polish (Rs 250)

These are doing wonders to my Red Palio MJD's 1st birthday it is like new out of showroom again.

At the pricing Amway car care products are value for money as comapared to other higher brands.
Try Zoom for cleaning the glass surface like windshield etc. You will find it great. I add a 25ml to the water tank which is used to splash water to windshield etc. Good product. Get it from where you brought other products or PM me I will will my persons contact address for free transport delivery throughout India.
Old 11th May 2009, 19:13   #624
BHPian

microfibre cloth

hi, people can try a cloth which is called norton ,from saint gobain company,its blue in colour,costs rs 150 its available in bangalore at jayanagar 4 block ganesh automobiles,near to ganesha temple ,landmark near newly opened maiya s restaurant
Old 12th May 2009, 09:21   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
How does one really clean fabric seats? I know what is available commercially and have used them all with varying results. But how do you get rid or that vague sweaty smell that always lingers in your car during summer? I don't like to have the a/c on all the time since I prefer to breathe fresh air (or whatever passes for it in Bangalore). This, however, makes me sweat so much that I might just be able to power a small hydroelectric plant.
Should I just pull the entire seat out, wash it with water and leave it in the sun till dry? I did this with the head restraints and it worked pretty well.
Sonax has a great interior upholstery cleaner. spray it on. And use a towel to wipe up the excess and let dry. You can pick up at Shell station, Food Zone, or at the Sonax distributor on Mission road.
Old 12th May 2009, 09:41   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftcrazy View Post
If you are washing your car in the sun you are inviting potential trouble...
This is because water droplets(due o the convex shape) act as a magnifying glass. This will cause sunlight to be focussed on the paint surface. The resulting high temperature will burn tiny holes(not visible to the naked eye) in your paint. In the long run this will allow water to seep in & lead to rust...
HOpe this helps
Ha! Not at all. Nothing like happens. Think about it -- the focal point of a magnifying glass is not in the plane of the magnifying glass.

The reason not to wash or wax in the sun is the body temp is high and the water will dry up before you wipe it down and leave water spots. Similarly, the wax will dry up before you buff it.

BN
Old 12th May 2009, 09:57   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Just a question every one states that using orbital polisher can damage paint if you don't have experience but any one actually owns one or ever used it here ?
I own one. There's too much fear being disseminated here. It can be used quite easily if you understand some of the basics.

B
Old 14th May 2009, 14:57   #628
BHPian

The beading or rubber channel at doors around the glass has hardened.
So everytime the glasses rattles, whenever i slightly roll the window down.
I tried few glycerine based items to put inside the gap of channels(where it holds the glass). But it doesnt work for long, because its not easy to reach those areas.

Is there any product to soften up these rubber beadings. Which can just make them flixible and prevent form hardening and wearing out.
Old 14th May 2009, 22:56   #629
BHPian

have seen them use a spray on the rubber beadings in the GM service center will try to find out what it is
Old 15th May 2009, 10:42   #630
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
have seen them use a spray on the rubber beadings in the GM service center will try to find out what it is
The Maruti chaps used WD-40 at times.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks