Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2009, 16:39   #601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Tell me how to maintain dashboard of my verna. i have cleaned it with moist cloth and now it has lots of white stains all over it.

EDIT : Can i use stp sun of gun on it ???
Hyundai cars have this problem as they have granular dash boards. I had it with Getz. You can use cleaner which can be used on leather or vinyl or anything which is little oily based. Don't use Mobil oil which generally garage uses. It smells and dust sticks to it.
Old 7th May 2009, 21:31   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Hyundai cars have this problem as they have granular dash boards. I had it with Getz. You can use cleaner which can be used on leather or vinyl or anything which is little oily based. Don't use Mobil oil which generally garage uses. It smells and dust sticks to it.
So , can i use stp sun of gun on it ????
Old 7th May 2009, 22:33   #603
BHPian

Hi everybody

Thanks Vahan for your comments. However FYI I found out on my car the TASS goes all the way to the metal at the places dented and scratched and puts the lambi etc but does not remove the entire paint on the panel i.e the door for example and then paints the part, bakes it and then puts another coat of lacqure on the entire panel.

At the TASS they were offering an Underbody treatment by Wruth called Stone Guard for 3000/- incl Taxes. Is this good ? comments please as i had done an earlier treatment where they applied this fiber on the underbody and it fell off. So before the rains if the Guru's on this forum can suggest some thing

I have Tubeless tyres on original Steel rims, should i have the rims painted or treated with any antirust. I read something about this on some TBHP forum. where i dont remeber now

Well waiting for your comments, fellow bhpians
Old 8th May 2009, 00:55   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
...but would need help in removal of paint on plastic areas like windshield beading and OVRM and bumpers.....
I think diesel would work for this. Thinner surely would, but I try not to use it as far as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
So , can i use stp sun of gun on it ????
Yes you can.
I got good results with 3M's vinyl & plastic protector (not sure exactly what its called) which cost me Rs 165 but does not seem to be available anymore.
Old 8th May 2009, 01:33   #605
BHPian

Any dashboard and interior Spray will help; jus that some cause the other extreme with the Dashboard shinning like glass and a HUGE glare that can blind you. I've used the Armor spray meant for plastic and rubber and that did wonders.
Old 8th May 2009, 12:35   #606
BANNED

Queries

Friends - a few queries
  • Somewhere in this thread it was advised not to put on car cover immediately when the engine is still hot. What happens if cover is put on imdtly after the journey & engine is still hot? what are the consequences? am asking as I'm doing it currently
  • While I do DIY waxing with spongy applicatior - is it to be done very lightly or by applying force & repeatedly rubbing in circular motion?
Old 8th May 2009, 12:48   #607
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Somewhere in this thread it was advised not to put on car cover immediately when the engine is still hot. What happens if cover is put on imdtly after the journey & engine is still hot? what are the consequences? am asking as I'm doing it currently]
Heat from the engine reacts with surface moisture and create patches on the paint. Same applies (strongly) when you put cover on rain soaked car.

You’re from Bombay and rain is really heavy there. It’s also not possible to wipe the car before putting the cover. Especially, if you’re parking your car outside. I would urge you to find a temporary parking during the monsoon.

Quote:
While I do DIY waxing with spongy applicatior - is it to be done very lightly or by applying force & repeatedly rubbing in circular motion?
Light circular motion only. Idea is to spread the wax evenly.
Old 8th May 2009, 15:08   #608
BHPian

Couple of weeks back I undertook my first DIY Car Care exercise. The products I used were
Waxpol Shampoo,
Waxpol Carnauba Wax ,
Waxpol Tyre Cleaner,
3M Dashboard/Vinyl Cleaner

The results were amazing. I am now hooked to DIY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
akbaree, come down to Indiranagar, CMH Road. You'll find MK Ahmed Retail. It's opposite Max Muller Bhaban. Go to first floor and pick up what you need.
Thanks Rudra, for the information. I will be going to this place tomorrow as I still have some pending items to complete my inventory of car care products.

I have a few follow up questions.
  1. I used 3M Dashboard/Vinyl conditioner. But I could found it with great difficulty. If I have to use some other brand, which one would you recommend?
  2. I am not sure about the Dashboard/Vinyl conditioner's action. Does it clean as well? On the pack it is mentioned that clean the surface before applying. I think it is not for cleaning. How do I clean the dashboard before applying conditioner. Just with a wet cloth?
  3. What do I use for the extensive plastic work that I have in my Adventure on the outside - bumpers, side bars, and other plastic cladding?
  4. I will be buying the Sonax shampoo tomorrow as recommended in earlier posts. If the recommendation has changed please let me know. I was not so much impressed by Waxpol car shampoo. But that may be because I washed my car with it when it was dirty.
  5. I have bought the 3M as well as Waxpol glass cleaner. I am not sure how to apply them. Any suggestions.
Sorry for the long list of questions.
Old 8th May 2009, 15:24   #609
BHPian

Ok here is my query..

How good are the products from Eagle One stable.

I am looking for Car Polish...
Old 8th May 2009, 19:51   #610
Senior - BHPian

having a black car shows up the dust easily so picked this up for occasional dusting

Old 8th May 2009, 22:27   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Heat from the engine reacts with surface moisture and create patches on the paint. Same applies (strongly) when you put cover on rain soaked car.

You’re from Bombay and rain is really heavy there. It’s also not possible to wipe the car before putting the cover. Especially, if you’re parking your car outside. I would urge you to find a temporary parking during the monsoon.

Light circular motion only. Idea is to spread the wax evenly.
Rudra Sir,

As we are in Mumbai & the monsoon is about to start & i am Parking both my cars (M-800 & Swift Dzire) outside, we dont have stilt parking in our society.

In this regard, wanted to know that when i cover both the cars in the night & in the morning i find mist all over & inside the cover of both the cars, is there any harm caused to the paint when the mist evaporates & the temparature rises as the day progresses ?

Should the car cover be removed in the night itself to avoid the morning mist on the car coming in contact with direct sunlight?

Many of the fellow members may also be encountering the situation who are from Mumbai.

Require your valuable suggestions in this regard.
Old 8th May 2009, 22:29   #612
Team-BHP Support

Just got my Lancer back after the 3M surface refinement job. Car looks spanking new. Have been in the basement parking lot for the past one hour looking at my reflection on the car. It's stunning. The car looks brand new from the showroom even after 9 years.
Old 8th May 2009, 22:44   #613
BHPian

How does one really clean fabric seats? I know what is available commercially and have used them all with varying results. But how do you get rid or that vague sweaty smell that always lingers in your car during summer? I don't like to have the a/c on all the time since I prefer to breathe fresh air (or whatever passes for it in Bangalore). This, however, makes me sweat so much that I might just be able to power a small hydroelectric plant.
Should I just pull the entire seat out, wash it with water and leave it in the sun till dry? I did this with the head restraints and it worked pretty well.
Old 8th May 2009, 23:30   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
having a black car shows up the dust easily so picked this up for occasional dusting

Hey bottle,

Is it effective ? Where did u pick it up from and price ?
Old 8th May 2009, 23:42   #615
BHPian

Amway Car Care

Amway Car Wash (Rs 200)+Silicone Glaze Polish (Rs 400)+Leather Vinyl Interior Polish (Rs 250)

These are doing wonders to my Red Palio MJD's 1st birthday it is like new out of showroom again.

At the pricing Amway car care products are value for money as comapared to other higher brands.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks