Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2018, 14:16   #10531
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Hi All, I was at the 3M today for under body rust protection and the person their mentioned that 3M tire dresser is universal dresser (like interior dresser) and so can be used on the body cladding. In fact, he mentioned they used the same for the cars they do.

My question - I like the Meguiars Natural Shine Protectant for dashboard and interiors. But applying it on the cladding is super expensive. The 3M dresser is less than half the price. I am looking for alternative (to Meguiars) for the outside body cladding. Any suggestions please.
Old 30th August 2018, 14:25   #10532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
I am looking for alternative (to Meguiars) for the outside body cladding. Any suggestions please.
I use PERL https://www.greenzcarcare.com/produc...nt=10690258885
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 21:43   #10533
BHPian

Hello Experts, I am looking for confirmation regarding genuineness of The Original California Duster.

Pics attached below. Got it from Snapdeal at 850/- bucks. The threads do not have any apparent waxy texture. But the pack smells somewhat like motor grease. The tag inside the plastic cover is totally covered with wax.

I want to be sure because:
1. It retails for around 3.5k on Amazon India, the plastic handle one is for 1.5k
2. I have never seen these kind of dusters in their physical form so cannot judge

BTW, its pretty heavy due to the wooden handle.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-18e01e665db744d983ffe2fdafcdd58e.jpeg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-9ae99689b227462ba04ed56b5ee1b121.jpeg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-945b07e376ba4259af84eb2c1c68a441.jpeg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-220ee826a5b1483aa4067b40345fdbb0.jpeg  

Old 30th August 2018, 23:49   #10534
BHPian

Late night detailing session :-)
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-d166bfa9578f4faea72fac806eb07fbe.jpeg  

Old 31st August 2018, 00:08   #10535
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfox11 View Post
Hello Experts, I am looking for confirmation regarding genuineness of The Original California Duster.
I'll let someone else confirm the genuineness of the product but how good is it at absorbing the dust when you lightly run it over a dusty panel?
Old 31st August 2018, 00:12   #10536
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Pics attached below. Got it from Snapdeal at 850/- bucks. The threads do not have any apparent waxy texture. But the pack smells somewhat like motor grease. The tag inside the plastic cover is totally covered with wax.

1. It retails for around 3.5k on Amazon India, the plastic handle one is for 1.5k
2. I have never seen these kind of dusters in their physical form so cannot judge

BTW, its pretty heavy due to the wooden handle.
Looks genuine but you don't need the wooden one. Just get the plastic one. Sometimes it sells for under 1000.
Old 31st August 2018, 00:13   #10537
BHPian

Quote:

I have bought the California duster from Amazon twice. Once with the normal handle and once with the wooden handle. I still have the wooden one with me at the moment. But as its been raining for the past 2 months haven't used it much.
From what I remember I paid around 700-800 bucks both the times. 3.5k is insane.
Mine doesn't smell though. Apart from the brand name I don't think there is much difference between the Jopasu and California duster!
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 10:07   #10538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I'll let someone else confirm the genuineness of the product but how good is it at absorbing the dust when you lightly run it over a dusty panel?
Felt alright when used at home. Did not use it on the car yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Looks genuine but you don't need the wooden one. Just get the plastic one. Sometimes it sells for under 1000.
Got this just because it was cheapest option. If I can find the plastic one in the same price in a couple of days online, will return this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
From what I remember I paid around 700-800 bucks both the times. 3.5k is insane.
Mine doesn't smell though. Apart from the brand name I don't think there is much difference between the Jopasu and California duster!
Currently plastic one is 1550/- plus 111/- delivery charge on amazon India (Although I am a prime member!)
Old 31st August 2018, 16:23   #10539
BHPian

If anyone has experience with WaveX products, please share. They seem to have a whole range of products for car detailing and very reasonably priced at that.
Old 31st August 2018, 18:02   #10540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Currently plastic one is 1550/- plus 111/- delivery charge on amazon India (Although I am a prime member!)
I use the California duster and mine is with the plastic handle. I think I paid something like 700 rupees for it on amazon.

I had the Jopasu duster earlier and I have to say I like this one more. I use UWW+ to detail my car every 2-3 weeks and use the duster to maintain it. It's been quite effective this way for me. For the same price I'd pick up the California duster. However, I would not pay 1xxx for it. Lately I've seen very silly prices on amazon for some of the stuff. For example, UWW+ concentrate is costing more than 4000 rupees! You probably just need to wait a bit as there are periods when the prices are much saner.
Old 31st August 2018, 19:03   #10541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I use the California duster and mine is with the plastic handle. I think I paid something like 700 rupees for it on amazon.

Lately I've seen very silly prices on amazon for some of the stuff. For example, UWW+ concentrate is costing more than 4000 rupees! You probably just need to wait a bit as there are periods when the prices are much saner.
I have decided to hold on to it since its the best one available pricewise. Also, hopefully its a genuine product (I checked some images, reviews etc.)

Also, has anyone used the product Opti-coat No Rinse
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-4ac22177f1b44e57ae0db74bd9fdd240.jpeg  

Old 2nd September 2018, 09:32   #10542
BHPian

All - need suggestions for clay lube. Long time back when I had purchased Meguiars clay kit, it came with a quick detailer. And I used the Meguiars quick detailer as the clay lube for my claying sessions in the past. But it no longer seems to be available.

Please let me know if something like ProKlear Waterless Wash (diluted) can be used as clay lube? Or any other suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Thanks blackasta. I was not able to get in touch with greenz car care on the mobile number listed on their website. Also used the contact form, but no help. So for now I have decided to go with WaveX.
Old 2nd September 2018, 14:06   #10543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
All - need suggestions for clay lube. Long time back when I had purchased Meguiars clay kit, it came with a quick detailer. And I used the Meguiars quick detailer as the clay lube for my claying sessions in the past. But it no longer seems to be available.

Please let me know if something like ProKlear Waterless Wash (diluted) can be used as clay lube? Or any other suggestions.

Thanks blackasta. I was not able to get in touch with greenz car care on the mobile number listed on their website. Also used the contact form, but no help. So for now I have decided to go with WaveX.
UWW in 1:44 ratio is what I use as QD and clay lube.

available here: http://www.bringingbest.in/ultima-wa...oz-ultima-wash

In case you still need to source PERL, some alternate links posted below:

https://www.detailedclean.in/wheels-...-perl-500ml-79

https://www.amazon.in/CarPro-PERL-Pl.../dp/B004UM9V5Y

P.S: In case I need to reiterate, I am no way associated with any sites that I suggest. But I only suggest sites from which I have personally bought items.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 16:32   #10544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
UWW in 1:44 ratio is what I use as QD and clay lube.

available here: http://www.bringingbest.in/ultima-wa...oz-ultima-wash
That tells me I may be able to use ProKlear too as it is similar product. BTW, I thought of buying UWW but it is out of stock with Sanjay.

Quote:
In case you still need to source PERL, some alternate links posted below:

https://www.detailedclean.in/wheels-...-perl-500ml-79

https://www.amazon.in/CarPro-PERL-Pl.../dp/B004UM9V5Y
Perl is out of stock at detailed clean site as well.

And with prices at Amazon I will have to go hungry for several weeks to buy at Amazon. I will stick to WaveX and ProKlear for now I guess.
Old 3rd September 2018, 23:59   #10545
BHPian

Yesterday, done a little detailing session for my car since the car has become dirty during recent rains.

Products used:
1. 3M Car shampoo
2. Menzerna Heavy cut Compound 1000
3. Chemical Guys P40-Polish+
4. Menzerna Sealing Wax Protection
5. Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0
6. Chemical Guys Natural Shine Protectant
7. Chemical Guys AllClean+ APC
8. 3M Dashboard Dresser
9. Chemical Guys Windshield cleaner
10. RainX Glass repellent (using it for the 1st time, yet to see the performance in the rains)
11. AmazonBasics Drying Towel and Microfiber cloths
12. Meguiars Applicator Pads

This is the first time I am using all these products together and I must confess that it took me a whole day, when compared to earlier when I just wash with 3M shampoo, wax with Formula 1 wax and interior cleaning and dressing, however I would say the time is worth it - thanks to this thread.

I am especially impressed with the Tech Wax which on applying just a very thin coat has given a very good shine when earlier even after applying 2 coats of Formula 1 wax, the shine is not even half of this.

I just took couple of pictures and sharing them below (bad pic quality due to my pathetic mobile phone camera).

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-xcent_side.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-xcent_back.jpg
jpcoolguy is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks