Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2012, 18:29   #1096
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
They changed one of the blades of my wiper earlier when I complained about streaks on the glass. Are you saying they are now replacing the entire wiper assembly?

Brakes are pending for replacement but looks like they have still not arrived at the dealership. Its supposed to be changed for me.
Yep, me too talking about the blades being replaced for XUV's now. Previously in my 2nd service the wiper motor too was replaced as part of a recall for a batch of VIN's.

About the brakes, in the XUV owners group in FB most of them are complaining that the brakes are now spongy after replacement and that original brakes were better (which in itself was bad). Dunno when this experimentation with our car's would stop.
Old 1st November 2012, 18:59   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
The Horror, The Horror.....
The thing is when one buys a 15L product, there is a sense of expectation from it. As far as niggles/failures are concerned, why should one pay 15L to join M&Ms trial and error repair team?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavinc View Post
All the above incidents have put a huge dent in my mind regarding the QC of M&M, and i now know that if i recommend this brand to any of my friends, i shall have an enemy for life. Even i own 2 hondas, 1 chevy and 1 skoda but there have been no glaring issues in any of them. I hope M&M give urgent priority to QC, else their reputation will take a mighty hit, if it hasn't already.
Pure horror, I had almost booked but seems that I should wait for some more time and see if I really want to go through another round of pain (had a bad experience with Scorpio in the first 2 years of ownership)
Old 2nd November 2012, 03:13   #1098
BHPian

Today when i took my car for a midnight spin, I noticed there is a clear pull towards left and this makes the right hand tired a bit. think it might be just an alignment issue. but read this problem being mentioned here by owners of the first batch too and my car is Oct' 2012 make! don't understand why M&M keep on repeating such silly mistakes batch after batch instead of rectifying it when first known.

So now do i need to go to the service centre to rectify it or should I wait for the first 1000 km (approx) oil change visit? my car has till now covered 205 kms. in 4 days. I don't want my tyres to get scraped or used unevenly because of this issue.

also the red backlights on the switches of power windows etc. on the driver side door and the steering mounted controls are a bit dull. especially the ORVM open/close switch and windows lock switch are pretty dull. and also the instrument cluster also gets a little dull when the DRLS or projectors are switched on. is this normal thing on all XUV's?

Last edited by magikrider : 2nd November 2012 at 03:15.
magikrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 06:25   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Today when i took my car for a midnight spin, I noticed there is a clear pull towards left and this makes the right hand tired a bit. think it might be just an alignment issue. but read this problem being mentioned here by owners of the first batch too and my car is Oct' 2012 make! don't understand why M&M keep on repeating such silly mistakes batch after batch instead of rectifying it when first known.

So now do i need to go to the service centre to rectify it or should I wait for the first 1000 km (approx) oil change visit? my car has till now covered 205 kms. in 4 days. I don't want my tyres to get scraped or used unevenly because of this issue.

also the red backlights on the switches of power windows etc. on the driver side door and the steering mounted controls are a bit dull. especially the ORVM open/close switch and windows lock switch are pretty dull. and also the instrument cluster also gets a little dull when the DRLS or projectors are switched on. is this normal thing on all XUV's?
Hi Magikrider -- Looks like both of us got our Oct 2012 batch XUV's around the same time, i.e., end October. It will be nice to keep exchanging notes as we experience our XUV's over the months / years.

Alignment : IMHO, you should take the car to the service centre right away and get the problem rectified. But before that, do check that air pressure in both your front wheels is the same.

Some guys have reported on this forum that their front wheels were interchanged and the problem (car pulling to one side) went away -- but I'm unable to comprehend the technical rationale behind this fix. Brand new wheels are supposed to be identical and it should not matter where in the car they are positioned. Please observe closely how they rectify your problem and share it with us.

I have not experienced this issue with my car as yet.

First service / oil change : I thought this is at 5000 km.

Dimming of instrument cluster lights : When the headlights are switched on, the instrument cluster lights are dimmed. I think this is by design -- headlights would be switched on only in the night and the instrument cluster lights need to be brighter during daytime.

Last edited by debuda : 2nd November 2012 at 06:27.
debuda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 06:28   #1100
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Today when i took my car for a midnight spin, I noticed there is a clear pull towards left and this makes the right hand tired a bit. think it might be just an alignment issue.
Clearly an alignment issue. Unless you are driving large number of kms every day and unless the issue is severe, I would suggest accumulate a few issues before visiting the service center.

If you start visiting the service center for every single thing, slowly you migt start getting irritated and might feel that the vehicle is spending too much time at the service center.

PS: Although the fuel-lid open switch caved in on day-1 for my car, I went to the service center only after about a month. By that time, I had a list of 4-5 small things to be fixed/adjusted.

Last edited by SDP : 2nd November 2012 at 06:30.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 11:05   #1101
BHPian

Why not have a list of issues found in the XUV by month&year of manufacture? This will help address issues/niggles that have been fixed and at the same time track new ones. Folks who have received their vehicles that have been manufactured in a particular month of the year can share the niggles/issues observed.

My May12 manufactured XUV is awaiting a disc brake replacement. Apparently its a modified version which will eliminate the sounds and bring down the braking distance. This is the info iv received from the RM from the showroom. Its a free replacement too.

Last edited by Xryder : 2nd November 2012 at 11:09.
Old 2nd November 2012, 14:02   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Guys, please help me with this: on pressing the 'Nav' button the display shows "Navigation not Available". This is from the last 300-400kms. Any solutions!? My XUV has colcked 2.5k kms and is due for first service.
This happens when the license gets corrupted especially when they upgrade. Just reloading the map software generally set it right.
Had this problem 10months ago since then over 10000kms no such problem.
Old 2nd November 2012, 14:44   #1103
Senior - BHPian

Finally, the PS went Kaput on my friend's XUV5OO as few others reported earlier. So one major and core issue come up in the one year. Now I am feeling extremely bad to have recommended him XUV5OO instead of Scorpio or Innova. But he is quite understanding and fortunately there won't be a Deewar between us The reason given is low quality of the pipe that got burst. I will try put more info and the resolution on the same as I get it. I remember clearly quite sometime back in case of Etios, Toyota recalled cars to change the fuel hose without having encountered any problems but observing few abrasions. I wonder what kind of reliability does M&M portray with such core issues cropping up on such a highly priced and highly projected car or is it purely jazz they are selling. I sincerely hope these issues do not recur in new batches.

Last edited by parsh : 2nd November 2012 at 14:47.
Old 2nd November 2012, 14:56   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh
Finally, the PS went Kaput on my friend's XUV5OO as few others reported earlier...
What is the manufacture month and year of your friend's XUV?
Old 2nd November 2012, 17:11   #1105
Team-BHP Support

I saw a disturbing thing when I got back my car after the entire PS assembly replacement. I had sent the car with almost tank full. I guess there was at least 60 liters of diesel if not more in the tank. It remained parked at the A.S.S. for 2 days and then on the 3rd day they claimed to have received the part which then they took whole day to replace. So essentially when I got my car back after 3 days it had only half tank diesel as per the fuel gauge. Looks to me like 15 to 20 liters of diesel has been siphoned off from my tank.

Wondering now how to deal with this. Making a ruckus is easy, but not sure that's what should be done on this! I can alternately talk to M&M. Let's see.
Old 2nd November 2012, 17:24   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
I saw a disturbing thing when I got back my car after the entire PS assembly rh this. Making a ruckus is easy, but not sure that's what should be done on this! I can alternately talk to M&M. Let's see.
Maybe they took your vehicle for a test drive post the PS replacement ? Just to rule out any issues ? Ive experienced this when i had the intake manifold assembly replaced in my car under warranty(not XUV) they emptied half the tank which was there and took another 1000 bucks for fuel They tested it for couple of hundred kms before handing me the car !
Old 2nd November 2012, 17:33   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I saw a disturbing thing when I got back my car after the entire PS assembly replacement. I had sent the car with almost tank full. I guess there was at least 60 liters of diesel if not more in the tank. It remained parked at the A.S.S. for 2 days and then on the 3rd day they claimed to have received the part which then they took whole day to replace. So essentially when I got my car back after 3 days it had only half tank diesel as per the fuel gauge. Looks to me like 15 to 20 liters of diesel has been siphoned off from my tank.
What does the ODO say ? Crosscheck with the ODO reading at the time you delivered the car to them and compare it with the reading at the time of taking back the car, some fuel may understandably have been used in test drives post the PS assembly replacement.

But if the fuel has been removed this is shameful.

I had a somewhat similar incident 3 years back with my Scorpio (I normally prefer to give A.S.S. the vehicle with barely there fuel), Once I requested for the delivery of the car to my office after some issues had occured. On the delivery date I got a call from the Service Advisor that the vehicle was out of fuel so I told them to fill 500 Rs. worth of fuel and I would pay on delivery. I got the vehicle and the receipt from the filling station for some 14 odd liters of diesel (Rs. 500), I paid the delivery person and forgot to check the fuel gauge, within a few Kms of driving I got the low fuel warning, I got so incensed that I immediately went back to the A.S.S. and took the GM to task and ensured that he got the car fuelled for the appropriate amount (I am not sure if he recovered that from his employees ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
They tested it for couple of hundred kms before handing me the car !
For randomly occuring Engine Check warning they tested my Scorpio for approximately 100 Kms before delivering.

Last edited by m_upreti : 2nd November 2012 at 17:36.
Old 2nd November 2012, 18:40   #1108
Senior - BHPian

Many of the A## mechanics/technicians have the habit of using the AC while they work(i,e anything to do with interiors), this practice is more common during summer/warm days. however am not sure if this can be the reason i your case...

Quote:

Wondering now how to deal with this. Making a ruckus is easy, but not sure that's what should be done on this! I can alternately talk to M&M. Let's see.
lohithrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 19:16   #1109
Team-BHP Support

Nothing of the sorts sseems to have happened. No long TD (even as per the odo). Heck they struggled to finish the work on the 3rd day as they were seriously slipping and I had read out the riot act to them to finish it by Wednesday evening come what may. Before it got repaired the dead PS meant the car was absolutely like a 2 tonne slab of concrete with almost a jammed steering.

Also, my car returns above 12 kmpl in city. So even if I take a conservative estimate of 15 ltrs diesel gone that will require close to a 200 kms drive. Anyway, its futile talking about these. I know someone siphoned off the diesel when my vehicle was standing like an orphan in a corner of that A.S.S. for the first 2 days.

Just not sure now whether it makes sense to again knock on M&M's doors for something so petty. Nothing much will come out by talking to the dealer/A$$
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 22:09   #1110
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Nothing of the sorts sseems to have happened. No long TD (even as per the odo). Heck they struggled to finish the work on the 3rd day as they were seriously slipping and I had read out the riot act to them to finish it by Wednesday evening come what may. Before it got repaired the dead PS meant the car was absolutely like a 2 tonne slab of concrete with almost a jammed steering.

Also, my car returns above 12 kmpl in city. So even if I take a conservative estimate of 15 ltrs diesel gone that will require close to a 200 kms drive. Anyway, its futile talking about these. I know someone siphoned off the diesel when my vehicle was standing like an orphan in a corner of that A.S.S. for the first 2 days.

Just not sure now whether it makes sense to again knock on M&M's doors for something so petty. Nothing much will come out by talking to the dealer/A$$
Which was the A$$ ........

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks