Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2019, 11:11   #1096
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The car is in Baroda GJ and the Nexa dealer is claiming needs a full assembly change for 5.5K as they don't sell just the mirror. I don't buy this.
While we wait for Leoshashi or someone else to help with part number, I wanted to confirm that Maruti (MGP) has done away with availability and sale of just the ORVM mirror for the first gen swift Dzire and one needs to buy the entire assembly with the manual adjustment mechanism and the cowl (this doesn't even have anything fancy like electricals/electronics for adjustment/turn indicators etc) and is priced around Rs.1500+ when just the mirror used to be priced at ~ Rs.200 earlier! So it is possible something similar is true with the Ciaz as well, but 5.5k is pretty steep.

Last edited by NPV : 17th November 2019 at 11:13.
Old 17th November 2019, 11:15   #1097
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
ZXI 2017 .
Well, for that variant Boodmo lists it at around 4K plus. Mirror
Old 17th November 2019, 12:33   #1098
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
ZXI 2017 .
Assuming all other mechanism is fine, the glass is surely available:

Name: MIRROR, OUT RR VIEW
Part Number: 84740M79M00
Price: Rs. 330

Regards,
Shashi

PS: Quote them(workshop/MGP Store) this part number or order on Boodmo. The workshop guys do this because higher the value of spare=higher margins.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 13:33   #1099
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Assuming all other mechanism is fine, the glass is surely available:

Name: MIRROR, OUT RR VIEW
Part Number: 84740M79M00
Price: Rs. 330

Regards,
Shashi

PS: Quote them(workshop/MGP Store) this part number or order on Boodmo. The workshop guys do this because higher the value of spare=higher margins.
Does the RR view stand only for right side or left? I need the left.
Old 17th November 2019, 14:19   #1100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does the RR view stand only for right side or left? I need the left.
RR means rear.

Name:  images 1.png
Views: 858
Size:  4.3 KB

Go ahead and place the order without any worries. The RH mirror has part number beginning with 84730M.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 15:00   #1101
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Shashi,
I was looking for the engine oil drain plug and gasket for the first gen Swift Dzire VXI petrol.

The part numbers I had (from earlier purchase) were:
09247M14027 PLUG OIL DRAIN
09168M14015 GASKET OIL DRAIN PLUG

At one of the MGP stores, there was a new guy and he told me they had only the alternate parts:
11518M78L00 PLUG OIL DRAIN
09168M14012 GASKET (This had a copper finish and I remembered the original one mentioned above had an aluminium finish so I didn't buy them).

At another store, I found the same old parts and bought them, but my question is if these are correct alternative part numbers for this car ?
Old 17th November 2019, 17:20   #1102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Hi Shashi,
I was looking for the engine oil drain plug and gasket for the first gen Swift Dzire VXI petrol.

The part numbers I had (from earlier purchase) were:
09247M14027 PLUG OIL DRAIN
09168M14015 GASKET OIL DRAIN PLUG

At one of the MGP stores, there was a new guy and he told me they had only the alternate parts:
11518M78L00 PLUG OIL DRAIN
09168M14012 GASKET (This had a copper finish and I remembered the original one mentioned above had an aluminium finish so I didn't buy them).

At another store, I found the same old parts and bought them, but my question is if these are correct alternative part numbers for this car ?
As per Maruti/Suzuki, both drain bolts are similar, of same family and hence interchangeable.

The both gaskets aren't of the same family hence not recommended to be interchanged. Although they are almost same dimensions wise, so you won't go wrong if you interchange. But I'd recommend sticking to the original part intended for your car since the two gaskets are of different material. Something to do with the expansion/contraction properties I guess.

From whatever I can see, for Dzire, it needs the silver color one. The copper colour crush gasket is for M800. Also if you notice the service kits which Maruti packs, they give silver gasket for Swift IIRC. So stick to that. There are two part numbers for silver one-09168M14015 and 11519M60M00

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 17th November 2019 at 17:22.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 21:12   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Also, do the Timing Belt Tensioner, Tensioner Spring, Tensioner Plate, Bolt, etc need to be replaced along with the Timing belt ? If yes, the part numbers for them will help
Quote:
Yes your info on the timing belt is correct. For G series engines, you need to change a host of other parts also and this makes it a bit complex, so make sure your mechanic is competent.
As Shashi said, it is a good idea to change all the other parts along with the timing belt & very important that you find a competent mechanic who knows how to fit the timing belt in a G series engine.

My ex 01 Zen Vxi (has the same timing belt & accessories as Swift G series) had 90k km when I bought her & was on the stock timing belt. G series engines makes a very sweet, buzzing kind of sound at idling RPM. Then after crossing 100k km, I got the timing belt changed, the mistake I did was I visited a FNG for changing the timing belt. I of course provided the timing belt & timing belt tensioner, bought from a MGP store. After the timing belt change, the engine note (especially at low revvs & idle) changed . Furious, I went to a different FNG & again refitted the timing belt 2 times. Even then the old engine note couldn't be recreated, the engine note permanently changed. I did around 24k km more before selling the car without any problem, so the slight improper fitting of the timing belt won't create any other issues in the long run.

Now, fast forward to last year. I bought a used 06 Swift ZXi (which came all the way from Delhi). One drive & again I noticed the same thing, the engine was sounding bad at low revvs & I knew from my past experience that the timing belt wasn't fitted properly. This time I wanted to fit the timing belt in a G series engine properly, once & for all.

So, I pinged Shashi for all the parts that needed to be changed for a perfect job. He gave me these part numbers, bought everything from MGP store. This time I wasn't going to take the risk with FNG, so went to a MASS where I personally knew the technical adviser. I made sure that the technical adviser himself fitted the timing belt with his own hands. Timing belt fitting done, with fingers crossed I cranked the engine & the engine was sounding perfect now. So, finally after 4 attempts, succeeded in fitting the timing belt properly in a G series engine.

Of course the change in engine note isn't that noticeable, a non car guy might miss it. But I was really bothered by it, so much that I was thinking of giving a call to the current owner of the Zen & ask him to give the car for one day, so that I could change the timing belt properly . I am attaching the before & after videos (which I shot from my mobile, so excuse the poor quality).

Before:

After:

Last edited by chiranjitp : 17th November 2019 at 21:20.
chiranjitp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 22:09   #1104
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
As Shashi said, it is a good idea to change all the other parts along with the timing belt & very important that you find a competent mechanic who knows how to fit the timing belt in a G series engine.
Thanks for the details of your experiences with the timing belt changes. I'm not taking a chance going to a FNG and instead will be getting this service done at MASS, actually a dealer owned service center and I will make sure the timing belt change gets the attention and expertise it requires

Last edited by NPV : 17th November 2019 at 22:11.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 10:46   #1105
Distinguished - BHPian

Shashi,

Like the way you helped me procure the right part for the WagonR's suspension, do you have specific parts recommendation for the Ertiga as well? I don't want to blindly follow bodomo due to inconsistencies and hence checking with you here.

Although I am confident that the suspension is good enough for now, I somehow want to just replace them all now since 180K Km is good life for all the abuse it has taken. Other reason being that I will also replace the fender liners on both sides (has shown signs of ageing with visible tear), including EGR and intercooler cleaning, I thought it would be good to take a call and replace the suspension fully.

Appreciate your help on this.
Old 18th November 2019, 10:48   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
.......The regulator mechanism has failed or the sash has rusted and collapsed. Can be either case. Kindly check which part has failed. ....
Hi Shashi, the regulator is working but the sash/cable 'gaya'. Replacement cost quoted is INR 1,650/-. Plus some fitting charges.
Zezé is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 15:49   #1107

Hi Shashi
Request your help / ideas to source a Mikuni Carburetor (complete unit as mine has cracked / developed leaks and cannot be repaired) for a 1997 Maruti 800 STD, the local dealers are saying that its phased out long ago and is no longer available.
Thanks in advance
Sunil
Old 19th November 2019, 16:13   #1108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilnp View Post
Hi Shashi
Request your help / ideas to source a Mikuni Carburetor (complete unit as mine has cracked / developed leaks and cannot be repaired) for a 1997 Maruti 800 STD, the local dealers are saying that its phased out long ago and is no longer available.
Thanks in advance
Sunil
Mikuni Japan make carb is pretty difficult and rare to source. However you can get Ucal Mikuni Branded ones easily for M800 in open market, costs around 5-6k if memory serves me right.

Regards
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 08:00   #1109
BHPian

Quote:

This is the spoiler which came in MGA.

Attachment 1647123

Part No: 99000M99689
Name: TRUNK LID SPOILER
Model Appicable: SX4
Price: Rs. 2300
Pic source: Wikipedia

Yes they are still orderable.

Regards,
Shashi
I'm looking for the spoiler and body kit for SX4 ZXi, that's shown in quoted picture. Is it still available to order?
Old 24th November 2019, 17:13   #1110
BHPian

Father in Law owns a Dzire VDI. Tomorrow being his 60th Birthday, we are thinking of gifting him the OEM touch screen head unit.

Can anyone confirm if that can be fitted and what will be the cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks