Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2021, 11:23   #1411
BANNED

Re: The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Hi Leoshashi,

We are trying to source a part for my brother's 1995 Maruti 800. We tried local stores but could not get plastic trim and fasteners around head lamp. Can you please help us with the part numbers? We checked boodmo but it does not look correct. It is the L shaped one we are looking for. Thanks in advance.
We are looking for parts marked but actual product in boodmo looks different from the picture.
Hello Latheesh,

This is a discontinued part from MGP / SGP as far as I know. This is usually known as "Headlamp Bezel". Boodmo unfortunately has bezel's for Type - II
hence the difference.

However, you can go with these parts from littal - Also, you can order them online via partsbiggboss.

https://www.partsbigboss.in/head-lig...lh-littal.html

This is easily available in most of the aftermarket automotive shops in most of the cities. Please let me know in case you find it difficult to get, I can get them and send them to you. Last time i got them, i paid somewhere about 100 INR since they had striked off the MRP.

In any case you get them from SGP / MGP or from MR LEO Shashi - please source 2 such pairs for me.

Hope this helps.
pdpyen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 11:47   #1412
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Hi Leoshashi,

We are trying to source a part for my brother's 1995 Maruti 800. We tried local stores but could not get plastic trim and fasteners around head lamp. Can you please help us with the part numbers? We checked boodmo but it does not look correct. It is the L shaped one we are looking for. Thanks in advance.
We are looking for parts marked but actual product in boodmo looks different from the picture.
Yes
These parts are long gone. Your one option of getting MGPs is looking at live search. Your MASS/MGP store will help you with this. Else, partsbigboss is the only option IMO.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 9th March 2021, 12:14   #1413
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Yes
These parts are long gone. Your one option of getting MGPs is looking at live search. Your MASS/MGP store will help you with this. Else, partsbigboss is the only option IMO.

Regards,
Shashi
Mate any possibility of you checking your sources for these via Mgp? I know you have some real deep contacts.
Me too need these for stock up keep 😁
Old 18th March 2021, 09:05   #1414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes order both bearings, the one I said and the one dealer recommends. Return the one which isn't used. Sometimes experience(MGP dealer's) triumphs all parts manuals/EPCs(there have been cases of compilation errors). We both have a belief, let's see which one wins.

The one EPC/Parts manual recommends and this SGP part aren't interchangeable. That's why I told you to procure both before bringing the GB down.

Also keep us posted on which bearing eventually goes in.

Regards,
Shashi

PS: If I have to take a guess then even I'd say SGP one will fit, because Zen/Esteem/Baleno largely share similar gearbox. But I was surprised by Maruti catalogues.
Finally I had to cancel my order at Boodmo since they kept delaying and I was short on time. Kudos to them for processing the refund immediately though.

I went ahead and sourced the parts from the market and this is what I got.

Valeo Clutch Kit Set - 404531 , this has the clutch disc and pressure plate.
MGP Release Bearing - 23265M79F80

These are perfect fit for the Old Baleno 1.6.

The car is perfectly fine now and the clutch is butter smooth with a very progressive bite.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 11:04   #1415
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Finally I had to cancel my order at Boodmo since they kept delaying and I was short on time. Kudos to them for processing the refund immediately though.

I went ahead and sourced the parts from the market and this is what I got.

Valeo Clutch Kit Set - 404531 , this has the clutch disc and pressure plate.
MGP Release Bearing - 23265M79F80

These are perfect fit for the Old Baleno 1.6.

The car is perfectly fine now and the clutch is butter smooth with a very progressive bite.
That's great. So eventually you used release bearing of the lesser Marutis and it worked great. Well this is what the parts manual recommended too, but given experience of MGP stores and the volumes they sell in, I was a bit doubtful when they recommended the expensive bearing of Esteem.

Thanks for updating.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 22nd March 2021, 15:29   #1416
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Front shocker mounts for a 2015 S-Cross 1.3 are not available throughout Delhi. MGP outlets are citing 0 supplies as the reason.
Quote:
Have you tried 41710-61M00? It is mount of S Cross 1.6. Also Facelift S Cross uses same mount as Brezza, 41710M82P00. Please check if it works for you.

Regards,
Shashi
41710-61M00 is the one that is not available. Can you check if it is available there?
Old 28th March 2021, 17:48   #1417
BHPian

Hi Shashi sir,

Could you help me with the part number and cost of CNG filter for the 2021 Wagonr and sometime back you had recommended some door protector from MGA but I'm unable to locate that post, if possible could you share the part number for those as well.

Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 08:20   #1418
BHPian

Can any one help me with the brake fluid capacity of Astar?
Old 1st April 2021, 11:32   #1419
Senior - BHPian

Dear Shashi, can you please help me in locating the part number of the following alloy wheel cap and also if someone can point me out to some local source. Thanks.
Its a 2007 Baleno VXI.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-whatsapp-image-20210401-11.19.42.jpeg  

Old 1st April 2021, 22:38   #1420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes

Regards,
Shashi
Placed order and after repeated follow ups they have shipped it couple of days back. Let us see whether we get the correct parts or not. Thanks Shashi.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 21:15   #1421
BHPian

Asking for a friend: Can the ZXI plus smart play infotainment system be fitted in an Ertiga VXI automatic? If yes, will it involve wire splicing? Also, how much is it likely to cost? He needs an automatic and finds the VXI to be quite VFM, but he needs apple CarPlay and android auto.
Old 6th April 2021, 20:24   #1422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Shashi, could you please post the part# and price of the Vehicle Speed Sensor of the AStar Automatic ?
Quote:
Name: SENSOR ASSY, SPEED - Part Number: 34960M68P00 - MRP: ₹705.00
I bought this sensor from an MGP store (who also confirmed using their parts manual that the part number indeed matches the AStar_AT), but when the bad sensor was removed from the car, it seems to be different from the one bought - picture below of both sensors.
Do you have the P/N for the sensor on the left ?
Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-img_4389.jpg

My mechanic friend says the sensor I bought is used in other cars like Alto etc. Looks like issue with the parts manual.
Will order the correct sensor from MGP. Hopefully it matches and fixes the issue.
Old 6th April 2021, 21:14   #1423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
, but when the bad sensor was removed from the car, it seems to be different from the one bought - picture below of both sensors.
The one you need isn't a sensor and is known as Gear, Speedometer Driven. I believe we had discussed this in the past. I recommended changing the cheaper part because it is what goes bad frequently. If its hit and trial which one has to do then begin with the cheaper part first.

The part you show, costs Rs. 3575 and carries part number 26130-70H11. A pic of the same from Google:

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-images-12.jpeg

Regards,
Shashi

PS: I am not sure if this is the culprit. Still since your friendly mechanic says so, I hope it is.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 6th April 2021 at 21:19.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 21:36   #1424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The one you need isn't a sensor and is known as Gear, Speedometer Driven. I believe we had discussed this in the past. I recommended changing the cheaper part because it is what goes bad frequently.
Indeed we discussed this in detail. The thing is, apparently this cheaper part doesn't exist in the AStar_AT - so cannot be changed. Else, I would have tried it, which was why I bought it. It seems to be a part existing in other Maruti cars- he says he has changed it in the Alto etc.

Quote:
The part you show, costs Rs. 3575 and carries part number 26130-70H11. A pic of the same from Google.
Thanks, sourcing this should fix the issue. Thanks, again.
Old 7th April 2021, 19:09   #1425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The thing is, apparently this cheaper part doesn't exist in the AStar_AT - so cannot be changed. Else, I would have tried it, which was why I bought it. It seems to be a part existing in other Maruti cars- he says he has changed it in the Alto etc.
I went to the MGP outlet from where I had bought the VSS & told them what my mechanic told me - that it does not exist in the AStar and that I need the "Gear, Speedometer driven". He told me that both are different and both do exist in the A-Star & showed me the parts manual - the VSS in the Speedometer Assembly and the other in the transmission. Exactly what you had mentioned earlier.

Attached the snaps of the parts manual I took. Can't believe my mechanic friend with 30+ years of experience got it wrong.
Though one baffling thing is the part 6 (VSS) is not shown inside the Speedometer Assembly.
Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-img_4394.jpg

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-img_4396.jpg

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 7th April 2021 at 19:28.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed