Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2007, 17:53   #196
Senior - BHPian

Sam, nothing is worse than the stuff that cannot be diagnosed - more so when you heard the noise loud & clear. Nows the time to make the pitch about a new car...just my two paise
Old 20th June 2007, 18:05   #197
Team-BHP Support

Yeh gadbad hai bhaai. Axle joints slipping off, Gearbox going kaput, engine seizures... and in all these cases there is one common connection. These were all new vehicles going by the lifetime of a car. And of course, they were all Hyundais; Vernas, Santros, Terracan.

Uhuh... Something has gone amiss since Subbu left. The legacy is slowly wearing thin. I hope Hyundai does not squander away all the image that they built up over the years.

This is one thing that never happened to the Tinbox Marutis in all these years. Even the lowly Tatas for whom it is said that you drive out of the showroom and parts start falling apart actually never had it this bad!

Last edited by Zappo : 20th June 2007 at 18:06.
Old 21st June 2007, 11:11   #198
Senior - BHPian

Record the sound on your phone, if you get it again, that might give them a hint or something to check.
Old 21st June 2007, 11:22   #199
Team-BHP Support

At that moment of anguish and grief, i dont think thats what he would be in a position to do. Sam, its bad that something like this is happening again.

As Zappo said, looks like some major quality issues with HMIL these days.
They do seem to be responding quite well, though.
Old 21st June 2007, 11:47   #200
Senior - BHPian

sam bhai i think you take them for a rip on road , i am sure the problems will surface in front of them. i recommended verna d to my friend after seeing your car. if he see all this report i will first get a kick in my ****
send email to the both to India base and their mother base. add this teambhp linky to the email. let them know that there are lot of people waiting for their response. they cant behave like this particularly when maruti is improving on quality and honda is delivering quality

Last edited by gigy : 21st June 2007 at 11:59.
Old 21st June 2007, 13:34   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
More confusion. The guys from Hyundai came here and now the loud sound is gone.
They've gone under the car and they're saying everything is OK. They've even tested the car.

It must be an intermittent problem!! The sound was loud and clear this morning.

I've insisted they take the car, hoist and check it. I'm not satisfied at all.
Ask them to give you in written that car is ok to drive and there is no defect in it. This way, you can go and chew their b#ll#cks off if there it produces an error.
Old 21st June 2007, 20:36   #202
BHPian

hi sam do as gigy suggested,but let them take it for a rip on road but you follow them in your lancer to be on the safe side
Old 21st June 2007, 20:44   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Right, they've returned the car.
Mr. Kumar says they took all wheels off, took the axel off, they found nothing wrong. In effect, nothing is wrong with the car. Basically I'm cuckoo.

Anyways, I'm taking a written confirmation that the car is OK. If this happens again, I don't know what to do anymore.

Meanwhile, as the car was there, they asked me if they should finish the second service. They have done so. Replaced oil and oil filter. I asked them to put their servo whatever.
I originally wanted to put Mobil Delvac, but god knows how long this car will run, so servo is fine.
Old 22nd June 2007, 11:00   #204
Senior - BHPian

All the best Sam. Dont know what else to say!!

I wonder if fighting to get a replacement will be worth it... i dont think you will be able to drive another verna with the same peace of mind as your lancer. How does one get compensated for that??

Get your money back (or sell the car, keeping your conscience in a box) and cut your losses while you can.... unless you have the time and inclination and will to fight it out tooth n nail....
Old 17th August 2007, 11:16   #205
Senior - BHPian

bringing this thread back to life again !

My Fifth gear issues have been resolved , all damaged parts were replaced free of cost with a few days of posting my issues on this thread but now , again things have started going bad.

Ever since the gear box was dismantled and put back the NVH levels in the cabin has gone up , and in the past week it became pretty bad so i took it to the A.S. S again and they are telling me that they suspect damage to the TURBO. But there is absolutely no drop in power / pick up in any RPM bands , i am seriously starting to regret my decision to buy a Verna.

maybe the in house TURBO Experts could comment ?

Between I vaguely remember either tadukuttan/Physco did point out that my engine was making weird nosies while on the drive to the Kolar, 24X7 CCD

Last edited by hellstar : 17th August 2007 at 11:18.
Old 17th August 2007, 11:24   #206
Senior - BHPian

Been following this thread very closely for a long time as I am a big Hyundai Fan & very keen on buyng a Verna CRDi ( my first Diesel ever ), I have had 6 hyundai's in the past ( 2 still owned ). Never ever have I had a problem with the cars.

BUT after reading SAMS problem I have doubts on the reliability of Diesels. Are these instances a one-off ??

My friend bought a white verna crdi the first week of its launch. He has been driving it now for more than 20k. He swears by the car. Mileage combined ( with 100% ac ) has been 18kpl !!! He says he does not even feel its diesel. I have driven it close to 500 kms ( delhi & back ), I felt the car was brilliant.

What should I do ? Go for Verna ( and be loyal ) or go for Fiesta ( I hate Ford BTW )
Old 17th August 2007, 11:30   #207
Team-BHP Support

Hellstar, while they did replace everything free of cost, the fact that its reappearing doesnt speak too well. Something isnt really right with the quality checks there at Hyundai.
Old 17th August 2007, 16:21   #208
Senior - BHPian

Sam how are things holding up on your verna ?
Old 17th August 2007, 16:24   #209
Senior - BHPian

vkochar - i would still go with Verna SX , as the AFAIK issue on my verna are unique and havent heard about these else where, so its safe for you to take verna , the power and mileage this baby returns is kindda addictive , and belive me you will not regret it .

And even after so many issue in my case i find that the service back up has been nothing short of commendable !
Old 18th August 2007, 08:45   #210
Senior - BHPian

thanks hellstar for the info !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks