Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2007, 12:28   #181
Senior - BHPian

Get the car replaced.....this thing is bad and it is getting worst this time dont let them go easily...
Old 20th June 2007, 12:28   #182
Senior - BHPian

Thats really bad to know Sam. I think you should collect enough evidence of bad product & poor follow & then if the need be head to a consumer court.
Old 20th June 2007, 13:05   #183
Team-BHP Support

atleast get the axle and tranny replaced!!
Old 20th June 2007, 14:01   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

The response this morning has been incredible.

I've recieved calls from the service manager ad the regional manager and the service supervisor.
Mr. menon is a nice and reassuring man and correctly said, that until it is ascertained what the problem is, he cannot do anything further. I agree.

Mr. Kumar, himself, the supervisor the coming over to my residence this afternoon.

I will keep you updated.
Old 20th June 2007, 14:07   #185
BHPian

I was never too fond of Koreans ... now im scared of them. God forbid if something like that would have happened while cruising down a highway.

Don't let em off easily buddy.
Old 20th June 2007, 14:23   #186
Senior - BHPian

Whatever happened to Hyundai's famed quality levels? This is not acceptable - you should push for a replacement of the car.
Old 20th June 2007, 14:39   #187
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
The response this morning has been incredible.

I've recieved calls from the service manager ad the regional manager and the service supervisor.
Mr. menon is a nice and reassuring man and correctly said, that until it is ascertained what the problem is, he cannot do anything further. I agree.

Mr. Kumar, himself, the supervisor the coming over to my residence this afternoon.

I will keep you updated.

The response in positive which is good. Are any of these people representatives of HMIL directly or are they the service centre's representatives.

It helps if there is the local HMIL guy involved as he will be able to take decisions directly rather than the service guys having to report every matter to HMIL. That way you also build a rappo with him for any future complains.
Old 20th June 2007, 14:39   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Whatever happened to Hyundai's famed quality levels? This is not acceptable - you should push for a replacement of the car.
Yeah, with another brand like SX4 or NHC ! No point in going for another Verna given this experience. Now I think I wll need to ask my dealer if there is something like an "axle slip-off protector" that can be fitted on my car to prevent such incidents.

Last edited by appuchan : 20th June 2007 at 14:42.
Old 20th June 2007, 14:45   #189
BHPian

Quote:
It's happened again.

On reading this I for the love of God shouted out "What the ****" a bit too loud for my wife's liking.

Fight it out oh Lord of the Yeti's! Nothing less than a replacement would do! Best of Luck.
Old 20th June 2007, 15:11   #190
Senior - BHPian

Response Recieved / Action Awaited

Oh Sam , once could be a mistake but a repeat is definitely worrysome and dangerous. You should definitely push for the car replacement.

As for me i got a call and a mail from Latha( who is an employee of Hyundai Chennai ) yesterday 19th June 2007 in the same format as Sam has received. I am pasting the contents of the response mail below. It was conveyed to me that the parts will be in Bangalore in the next two days and then the A.S.S will call me for starting the work.

But overall the response from their side is positive except for the fact that its always delayed !

Dear Mr. Wilson,

This is with reference to your e-mail regarding your Hyundai Verna car bearing vehicle registration number KLXXAPXXXX and the telephonic discussion had with our representative.

On receipt of your concern, we ascertained the details from our dealer Trident Hyundai, Bangalore and have advised them for complete inspection of your car and necessary action, as required, to resolve your reported concern.

You shall be shortly hearing from our dealer, please bear with us till such time.

Our customer care support shall be available to you at all times. Please feel free to contact us at 044 – 42119560, in case of any further assistance.

Thanking you

Yours truly

N. Babu
Regional Parts & Service Manager
South Region

Old 20th June 2007, 15:38   #191
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Twice in a row obviously points toward a parts problem, and not fitment problems. Is Hyundai using sub-standard axles? This is serious and should NOT have happened again especially since you gave them a decent chance the first time around.

Heads ought to be rolling...
Old 20th June 2007, 15:48   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The response in positive which is good. Are any of these people representatives of HMIL directly or are they the service centre's representatives.
It seems my service centre, at Cotton Green, is run by HMIL, themselves. I did not know that. Worked in my favour
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Fight it out oh Lord of the Yeti's! Nothing less than a replacement would do! Best of Luck.
Lord of the Yetis? To make me smile at a time like this is truly incredible. Thank you.

I am calmly waiting for them to first take the car and ascertain that it is the same fault. I would like to state that this time, my car did not become immobile. I stopped as soon as I heard the loud grating sound, immediately.
They have come to take the car. I will now wait for the report, before i say anything further.
Old 20th June 2007, 15:55   #193
Team-BHP Support

slightly off topic, not kicking up any controversy but loud thinking, was this a reason for the infamous cochin accident??
Old 20th June 2007, 16:00   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Lord of the Yetis? To make me smile at a time like this is truly incredible. Thank you.

What are friends for? ;-)
Old 20th June 2007, 17:15   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

More confusion. The guys from Hyundai came here and now the loud sound is gone.
They've gone under the car and they're saying everything is OK. They've even tested the car.

It must be an intermittent problem!! The sound was loud and clear this morning.

I've insisted they take the car, hoist and check it. I'm not satisfied at all.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 20th June 2007 at 17:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks