Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2007, 07:51   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post

I chose the second option because they assured me that driving the car does in no way affect the rest of the machinery in the car in the current state that it is in. i am not very sure about this because the sound i hear when changing the gears is the sound of metal against metal. Could somebody here who is familiar with the internals of the transmission system elaborate more of the functionality of the synchronizer so that i can get a better hold of the issue ?
syncros help meshing of gears by equalizing rpms. if its making metallic sounds who know its could be throwing metal pices into the trans.

Just dont use the 5th gear till its fixed.
Old 15th June 2007, 10:31   #167
BANNED

Do you get a metal to metal grinding or clashing sound, in that case, the output shaft might have been damaged when your axle came off, do not let Hyundai get away with this please.
Old 15th June 2007, 11:07   #168
Senior - BHPian

hi @MPOWER and @GURKHA , please note that the sound is similar to the sound you will hear if you try to change gears without depressing the clutch. and the sound is heard only when i try to shift from the fourth gear to the fifth gear , the sound is heard and then the fifth gear engages, after this the vehicle performs as smooth as ever , without a trace of trouble. Sometimes the noise gets really bad and , the sound is believe me nothing short of heart wrenching . If metal pieces are being thrown i believe that the sounds would be heard always right ?
Old 15th June 2007, 12:40   #169
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
hi @MPOWER and @GURKHA , please note that the sound is similar to the sound you will hear if you try to change gears without depressing the clutch. and the sound is heard only when i try to shift from the fourth gear to the fifth gear , the sound is heard and then the fifth gear engages, after this the vehicle performs as smooth as ever , without a trace of trouble. Sometimes the noise gets really bad and , the sound is believe me nothing short of heart wrenching . If metal pieces are being thrown i believe that the sounds would be heard always right ?
Sounds like bad sync rings, have em checked before more damage takes place, try double clutching and making the revs match, if the noise goes away, surefire case of bad sync rings. I would also like you to drain the tranny oil and look for tell tale signs of metal flecks, run a magnet through the drained oil, if you see flecks of metal, have your tranny serviced ASAP.

Last edited by Gurkha : 15th June 2007 at 12:41.
Old 15th June 2007, 19:05   #170
Senior - BHPian

@ Gurkha thank you very much for the info , I am just about to leave back for home and gotta try out the double clutching part , will check this and then the tranny oil part! over the week end and keep checking my mail for any response from HMIL , before i take this to the next level.
Old 16th June 2007, 20:23   #171
Senior - BHPian

i tried out the double clutching and yeah it did work , so when i change to fifth gear now i double clutch, and there is absolutely no problem , but hell yeah i am not gonna live with this forever . I am still waiting for a response from HMIL
Old 19th June 2007, 09:41   #172
Senior - BHPian

I did not get a response from HMIL till now so i mailed them again and this time also marking a copy to all my friends who happen to work in other MNCs
Old 19th June 2007, 09:47   #173
BHPian

Sam
Did you get any feedback from HMIL
-POGU
Old 20th June 2007, 12:09   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

This morning, the car was taken out and the same exact loud grating sound comes from the Axel.

It's happened again.

To say I am upset, would be an understatement. I've beeb informed by the HMIL office in Delhi, that Ashika SIngh no longer works for them.
I've been asked to get in touch with Mr. Shyam Menon from Mumbai office.
I was handed over his mobile number. However after many calls, he did not answer his phone. I recieved another number then from the delhi office, which was answered by the reception and I was informed that Mr. Menon is in a meeting and will call me back shortly.
I am currently waiting for his call.

The Verna is parked at home.
Old 20th June 2007, 12:13   #175
Senior - BHPian

This is unbelievable, bad news. Axels, gearbox problems, certainly not expected from Hyundai. What next Sam?
Old 20th June 2007, 12:17   #176
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It's happened again.
Whoa! A one off incident can be forgiven. But a repeat? This is rubbish. Lets wait and see what they say this time.
Old 20th June 2007, 12:18   #177
Team-BHP Support

This is ridiculous. They better replace the car. i wouldnt demand anything lesser.

Don't even settle for a new axle replacement.

I say get monetary compensation and buy a car which aint like a boat. Optra Magnum.
Old 20th June 2007, 12:19   #178
BHPian

Sam, why don't you approach Autocar? You must be knowing them real well. I can see JBL advertisement in every issue.
Old 20th June 2007, 12:24   #179
Senior - BHPian

Yepp.. better get the car replaced. Sounds like a serious manufacturing defect which cannot be repaired, atleast not permanently.
Old 20th June 2007, 12:27   #180
BHPian

Hey guyz, me too getting scared now. Hell lot of problems reported for Verna. This is awful. Fortunately, my car is yet to follow suit. Dont know when it decides the other way!

Think I did a mistake by favouring Verna over that ugly, ubiquitous NHC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks