Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2007, 13:51   #136
Senior - BHPian

Just my opinion, I don't think Hyundai will give a brand new car just because the axle had a problem. One has to be a little realistic in their expectations. Its a freak occurrance, can happen to any car.

Drifter
Old 5th June 2007, 19:34   #137
Senior - BHPian

Verna Trouble!

Axle joint seen on the Driver side

The joint

If u look carefully there's ring at the tip which acts as a lock...I think this lock should have been the culprit in Sam's Verna
Old 5th June 2007, 19:56   #138
BHPian

Ha!?? are you sure? from a layman's point of view what's a Two Piece Axle?
Old 5th June 2007, 20:01   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce View Post
from a layman's point of view what's a Two Piece Axle?
A 2 piece axle is like a 2 piece swimsuit.

Comes off much easier than the one piece variety.
Old 5th June 2007, 20:04   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

results of both are not the same though as sam experienced !!
Old 5th June 2007, 23:08   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

No No Its just a one off case....I see it as a manufacturing defect along with poor PDI job

I think u have lost all the confidence in your Verna.....Have u driven it after getting it back?

Last edited by kpzen : 5th June 2007 at 23:09.
Old 5th June 2007, 23:34   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Verna.....Have u driven it after getting it back?
I drove it twice myself for a few minutes. Mostly the driver takes me to work in it. When I'm in Bombay.
Old 6th June 2007, 00:31   #143
BHPian

Quote:
you betcha it does LOL , anyways hope your car runs better/safer now.
Old 6th June 2007, 16:26   #144
Senior - BHPian

Having trouble with my verna !

This may not be as serious as Sam's Axle failure but sure takes the life out of the car. Two days back i noticed that while shifting to the fifth gear there is a noise of the gear engaging with the clutch being depressed.

I promptly took the car to TRIDENT A.S.S. and they told me to bring the car in today , as they told me that there were a batch of cars (serial numbers are available with the HMIL dealers) which were recalled for a " campaign " to replace some clip in the gear boxes , i still am to get more details on this issue, and they they are being attended to today. Just now i got a call from the A.S.S telling that this clip will be replaced, and tested and if the problem still persists the gear box will have to be replaced under warranty. I have to go there and talk to the service adviser to get the details of the issue.As a gear box change at 13K KMs is not warranted for in any case.

Frankly speaking i am a bit disturbed till i get the chance to chat with the service adviser and get to the nitty gritties of the problem .
Old 6th June 2007, 16:30   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

my, my hellstar, that indeed is disturbing, replacing a gear box at 13K is unheard of. Hopefully, the problem will get rectified with the clip replaced. Keep us posted of the actual findings and resolution.

About Verna, "Its like a snake charmer playing and slowly the snakes are coming out of the box"
Old 6th June 2007, 16:38   #146
Team-BHP Support

Not beginning to look good for the Verna. Hellstar's issue looks to be a common issue with a batch of Vernas.
Old 6th June 2007, 16:57   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
I promptly took the car to TRIDENT A.S.S. and they told me to bring the car in today , as they told me that there were a batch of cars (serial numbers are available with the HMIL dealers) which were recalled for a " campaign " to replace some clip in the gear boxes
If its a known problem to HMIL and they have the batch called for replacements, its a good service and is a common practice across the world to replace defective parts detected after the sales. Let them do their job.
Old 6th June 2007, 17:03   #148
Senior - BHPian

Just got another call from the A.S.S from one of my "stalwarts" who tells me that till date they have found three other Vernas with the same problem , and in all three the gear boxes had to be replaced. About a dozen other cars had to get the clips replaced , will surely get the details of the defect and post it on this thread so that owners can take appropriate action, they have promised delivery by 1800 Hrs today , the post will have to wait till tomorrow morning i guess.
Old 6th June 2007, 17:05   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Frankly speaking i am a bit disturbed till i get the chance to chat with the service adviser and get to the nitty gritties of the problem .
Rest easy mate.. In this case, I feel Hyundai is acting proactively to get parts replaced before they fail prematurely in the middle of nowhere.
Old 6th June 2007, 18:11   #150
Senior - BHPian

I guess manufacturers show such proactiveness only, when it might end up costing them more to do a replacement of the concerned part under warranty. Example, the Verna gearbox clips would be cheaper to replace now, than a whole gearbox later. Not taking away any credit for the company of course.

Case in point, is MUL. Certain Swifts are known to have weak clutches, I'm sure it boils to a batch of defective clutches. Still, it's something they can blame to bad driving styles, and get out of the warranty replacement. Plus, they can make customers pay for it.I know of atleast 10 other Swifts with the issue. I have a good feeling mine wont last beyond 20k or so. Is the problem not significant enough?

Not going off topic, neither to rant, but my question is how do you drive your point home for defective parts, when it's not going to cost the company enough to warrant a recall.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks