Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2007, 13:49   #106
Senior - BHPian

@Zappo and SB, while I understand your sentiments, it is unreasonable to expect that such freak incidents will never happen.

If same thing happens with few other Verna, you can blame it on manufacturer since it has regular pattern, but freak incidents can not be avoided. Practicality is what engineering is all about. If one wants such perfection, it goes into scientist territory.

A rather poor analogy here! Many of us work in IT, and no matter how diligent, bright and process oriented you are, bugs do creep in software. Not that you are not sincere and diligent, but 100% bug free software is unpractical.

So such things will keep on happening. You can not blame manufacturer for that. I read elsewhere on forum that few owners have reported issues with rear door and/or oil leakage on Verna. That is something you can bash Hyundai for, but not this. Anyway, to each his own!
Old 30th May 2007, 14:05   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
A rather poor analogy here! Many of us work in IT, and no matter how diligent, bright and process oriented you are, bugs do creep in software. Not that you are not sincere and diligent, but 100% bug free software is unpractical.
I guess you haven't had the pleasure of working in support as yet. When customers find bugs (in software), they get really upset, they threaten to cancel the deals, they threaten to go to competitor and matters get escalated all the way.

I am with SB and Zappo here. Hyundai screwed up, customer gets upset. Now Hyundai must make it up here to keep customer happy.

The point I am trying to make here is that while defects will alwyas be there when they are found, customer service has to make up for that product defect so that the customer stays happy.
Old 30th May 2007, 14:10   #108
Senior - BHPian

Has any manufacturer in India exchanged a car without the courts doing their bit? We dont even have recalls here for any modifications!
Old 30th May 2007, 14:24   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
I guess you haven't had the pleasure of working in support as yet. When customers find bugs (in software), they get really upset, they threaten to cancel the deals, they threaten to go to competitor and matters get escalated all the way.

I am with SB and Zappo here. Hyundai screwed up, customer gets upset. Now Hyundai must make it up here to keep customer happy.

The point I am trying to make here is that while defects will alwyas be there when they are found, customer service has to make up for that product defect so that the customer stays happy.
As a matter of fact, I had also worked with Tech Support teams and I know how nasty clients get. But that doesn't mean you'll ever make bug free release, isn't it?

So best you can do is, supplement it with good customer support just as you said. Sam doesn't have issues with customer support here. The service station has done its job well, albeit without passing much information about reasons of failure.

P.S.: Having said all that, I would have been mighty pissed off, had it been myself in place of Sam.

Last edited by RX135 : 30th May 2007 at 14:32.
Old 30th May 2007, 14:56   #110
BHPian

Sam
Any response to your emails from Hyundai? Just went through the thread after a while, really a bad experience with a brand new car, hope they replace it

-POGU
Old 30th May 2007, 15:08   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogusingh View Post
Sam
Any response to your emails from Hyundai?
Nope, I've emailed them again today, nobody has responded as yet. Thank you, everyone for your comments and support.
Old 30th May 2007, 15:10   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
As a matter of fact, I had also worked with Tech Support teams and I know how nasty clients get. But that doesn't mean you'll ever make bug free release, isn't it?

So best you can do is, supplement it with good customer support just as you said. Sam doesn't have issues with customer support here. The service station has done its job well, albeit without passing much information about reasons of failure.

P.S.: Having said all that, I would have been mighty pissed off, had it been myself in place of Sam.
I think people here are comparing Software Quality and Support with Car quality and Support system.

Just wanted to remind them about the software devices which supports life support systems and medical equipments. There is no margin of error or a BUG. there testing and Quality procedures are so stringents that software is 99.9999% bug free. Same with Rocket science softwares. This is because Human Lifes depends on there equipments...
I may be out of context here but thats my 2cents
Old 30th May 2007, 15:45   #113
Team-BHP Support

Sam, looks like its gonna be a while before someone responds. I dont think they would replace your car, but if it makes them aware of any quality issues, and they address the same i guess you have made your point. They would do well to realize the negative publicity this is garnering.

Sad that it had to happen on a car just 3 months old.
Old 30th May 2007, 15:52   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive View Post
Just wanted to remind them about the software devices which supports life support systems and medical equipments. There is no margin of error or a BUG. there testing and Quality procedures are so stringents that software is 99.9999% bug free. Same with Rocket science softwares. This is because Human Lifes depends on there equipments...
I may be out of context here but thats my 2cents
I fully agree, but even after all these checks and balances, Columbia explodes and launches have to put off due to last minute software glitches. Anyway as I said, it was rather poor analogy and was there just to elaborate the point further.
Old 30th May 2007, 16:17   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Nope, I've emailed them again today, nobody has responded as yet. Thank you, everyone for your comments and support.

Hi Sam,

I hope you get a positive response from Hyundai at the earliest & your fear about the car (very rightly so) are addressed. IMO if you do not hear from them say in a week's time then you should take up the matter with Hyundai's H.O. in Chennai with the head of customer service to register your complaint & seek redressal.
Old 30th May 2007, 17:18   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a reply from HMIL

Dear Mr. Kapasi,

This has reference to your mail regarding your Hyundai bearing Reg no: MH04XXXX

Please note that on receipt of your reported concern regarding Axle problem, we have advised our West Regional Office to coordinate with our M/s Hyundai Motor Plaza, Mumbai to arrange for necessary action to address your concern. You shall be shortly hearing from them. Please bear with us till such time.

For further assistance you may contact our Regional Office at 022-40969027.

Thanking you and assuring you of our best possible services at all times.

Regards,
Aashika Singh
Customer Relations
Hyundai Motor India Ltd.
A-30, Mohan Co-operative Industrial Area
Phase-I, Mathura Road
Delhi – 110044
Tel: 011-41678800 (Board)
Fax: 011-41678811
E-mail: cr@hmil.net
Old 30th May 2007, 17:19   #117
Senior - BHPian

Wow this looks good. All the best Sam & keep us posted :-)
Old 30th May 2007, 17:32   #118
Senior - BHPian

Nice going Hyundai. Push them more Sam and let us know how it is going.
Old 30th May 2007, 19:30   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Has any manufacturer in India exchanged a car without the courts doing their bit? We dont even have recalls here for any modifications!

you may be surprised - but Hyundai did give my friend a brand new car as the dealer had totalled the car ............it is a long story - but yes they did give a NEW car that too without going to court.

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 30th May 2007 at 19:37.
Old 30th May 2007, 19:36   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Dear Mr. Kapasi,

This has reference to your mail regarding your Hyundai bearing Reg no: MH04XXXX

Please note that on receipt of your reported concern regarding Axle problem, we have advised our West Regional Office to coordinate with our M/s Hyundai Motor Plaza, Mumbai to arrange for necessary action to address your concern. You shall be shortly hearing from them. Please bear with us till such time.

For further assistance you may contact our Regional Office at 022-40969027.

Thanking you and assuring you of our best possible services at all times.

Regards,
Aashika Singh
Customer Relations
Hyundai Motor India Ltd.
A-30, Mohan Co-operative Industrial Area
Phase-I, Mathura Road
Delhi – 110044
Tel: 011-41678800 (Board)
Fax: 011-41678811
E-mail: cr@hmil.net
G R E A T...........so hyundai is going to address the issue. Atleast you are one step closer to redressal to you car's problematic axle. Surely a decent reply mail.......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks