Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2007, 17:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

This is disgusting !!! This kind of problem should not crop up in a car...
As Zappo said, we are indeed hearing of Hyundai a lot, even I heard one-two cases of new Santros causing problems....

Looks like hyundai is going where the Tata's were a few years back....Tata's have indeed improved as far as quality is concerned...

Abhi
Old 26th May 2007, 18:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai hai na to problem to ho ga na....

I had bought a Hyundai Viva with very excitement that it has more than 100 Bhp under the hood, abs , Alloys, sporty looks, hatch back style .. but every thing all is just a marketting gimick....

after I got the car I had to change both the axle, 3 times rear shocks , 2 times front and one time clutch....all in a 1.5 years time.....and sold the car before 2 years since the warranty was of 2 years...

So Sam Bhai I would suggest to sell the car in two years or you will have to spend a lot on maintaining the Hyundai...
Old 26th May 2007, 18:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
"Hota hai, sir, axle has slipped"
I think the service centre guy should have a better reason for the axle slipping than this one. Not sure if this was that common a problem in Vernas it would have been hidden all this while.

Don't feel sad Sam, just bad luck i would say.
Old 26th May 2007, 18:37   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post

I had bought a Hyundai Viva with very excitement that it has more than 100 Bhp under the hood, abs , Alloys, sporty looks, hatch back style .. but every thing all is just a marketting gimick....

after I got the car I had to change both the axle, 3 times rear shocks , 2 times front and one time clutch....all in a 1.5 years time.....and sold the car before 2 years since the warranty was of 2 years...

So Sam Bhai I would suggest to sell the car in two years or you will have to spend a lot on maintaining the Hyundai...
Actually Hyundai has an excellent A.S.S , they want people to fully use them ..

Do people have similiar problems with Ford ( Fiesta /Ikon )?
Old 26th May 2007, 18:45   #20
Team-BHP Support

Sam, some of these guys (atleast the guys at Autobahn) have heard of Team-BHP. tell them you are senior well respected member there and you will detail the entire debacle on this forum if they do not do exactly as you instruct them.

Some moons back (about 1 year ago) Autobahn had lost one floor mat and one wheel nut cover during a service. I avoided them and used Team Motor Works for my next services. Some time back they called me and I told them why I had switched and about Team-BHP.

They begged and I gave them ONE LAST CHANCE. I got my car back yeterday (ok they took 2 days - they claim it was becuase their wheel balancing/alignment machine was down) but surprise the car came back with the missing floor mat and wheel nut cover!
Old 26th May 2007, 18:57   #21
BHPian

Sorry to hear about your car SAm. Hope it'll get fixed asap.

Experts, what are the usual reasons for axle failure?
Old 26th May 2007, 18:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Ouch. I feel so sorry for the car, Samji. My sympathies. 3 words. " Under Warranty Replacement. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
"Doosri gaadion me single joint Axle hota hai, isme double joint axle hai, one joint has come open"
What the heck is a "double joint axle"...?? A new con-term? I thought all FWD's are driven via CV joints at shaft end...??

I'm guessing either of the CV's had come off/broken completely. Bas. .
Old 26th May 2007, 19:05   #23
BANNED

Sam!
Very sorry to hear that. Yes, I can actually understand the glee look on your face when you were trying to push the car on a road. That too a NEW ONE.
Man, your car is always driven very carefully unless driven by a certain female. Ain't it?
You should really get those people to replace whatever it is and get the job under warranty. Make sure you get to see what they replace.

This is shocking. Increases my hatredness (is it the right word?) for Hyundai.
Old 26th May 2007, 19:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sam

Sorry to know that your new Verna has had this misfortune. I shudder to think that an axle can give way "just like that". Wonder what horrific consequences would be if the 100 + horses were running at their full potentional . It might have led to a serious problem - the axle will surely be replced under warranty.

IMHO you should write to Hyundai & appraise them of this misfortune - maybe it's a "bad lot of axles". Atleast they can call back cars of the batch & check the axles to avoid any major mishaps.

I am sure your car would be back with the new axle & ready to unleash the power of a hundred horses again.........
Old 26th May 2007, 19:30   #25
Team-BHP Support

Yeah Sam, dont let this go unnoticed. Do write to hyundai and demand an explanation. This is not supposed to happen.
Old 26th May 2007, 19:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

I understand there is something wrong with the car. But something goes wrong with cars often. There's no need to start Hyundai-bashing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
needless to say they are anyways looting customers with higher prices for lesser engines like 1.1.
Tata charges about the same for the 1.2. As I pointed out earlier, Fiat charges more for a 1.1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post

I had a Hyundai for 6 years and spent nothing more than routine service money on it. There were a few mishaps but insurance covered the bulk of the expenses, which weren't too high in any case. And didn't you buy a Santro too?
Old 26th May 2007, 20:14   #27
BHPian

The worst part of this kind of problem in a new car is that you start loosing the confidence on the car. You may now have it in back of your mind, what if I get the same problem when vehicle is cruising at 120kmph out of city on highways.

Probably you may need some time to get the confidence back.
Old 26th May 2007, 21:23   #28
BHPian

Hey Sam,

Sorry to hear about your Verna episode..The worst possible start to the day one can have..I can imagine what must be your mood like..3 month old car..I can understand it as I have a 2 month old car myself..

Please ensure that the authorised workshop replace the faulty part for sure not merely "repair" it like "new"..
Old 26th May 2007, 22:28   #29
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Heya SAM bhai really sad about your new car, One of my friends VERNA cRDI had some problems after 1 month of delivery. The car would tkae ages to reach the 2000RPM mark and once there it would just take off. After 1 week @ Nimbus hyundai and 1 more week at HMP they found out that some sensor connected to the turbo was loose!!!
Old 26th May 2007, 23:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
And didn't you buy a Santro too?

No Hyunadi for me ever....and I did not bought any santro....

Most Viewed