Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2007, 18:32   #151
BANNED

Something is sure!
BVR Subbu did a great job in Hyundai. His absense is making it's presence felt and a bit loud!
Old 6th June 2007, 18:50   #152
Senior - BHPian

Hellstar..!

I'm sorry to say but this is a common problem in Verna's.U have mentioned about the clip malfuntion which is related to the reverse gear not the 5th gear. Check out with Hyundai ppl n demand for exact details....
I had mentioned about this problem within weeks of it launch but sadly it went un-noticed
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...tml#post302383

Another problem with VGT's is the allignment issue which is eating up tires within 5-10k kms.. Here a dealer has already replaced at least 5 Sets of tires on Verna's under warranty. Hope u dont have this issue..

Last edited by kpzen : 6th June 2007 at 18:51.
Old 6th June 2007, 19:24   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Something is sure!
BVR Subbu did a great job in Hyundai. His absense is making it's presence felt and a bit loud!
OT! didnt he buy daewoo's old plant?
Old 8th June 2007, 11:24   #154
Senior - BHPian

Hmm JKdas it sure looks like that to me ... but in the mean while the A.S.S have been really helpful on this and they have told me that i have to take the car to their main workshop to make the corrections, and that the work on which they are simply refusing to give any more detail is going to take one and a half days thats all the info i have with me right now.

Dunno when i will be able take the car though
Old 8th June 2007, 12:04   #155
Senior - BHPian

HMIL will have a designated Regional Service Engineer to look into these problems and replacements wherein the SC's cant decide on their own. Ask for his name/number and speak to him, they are usually helpful but most of them travel a lot to cover their region's SC's, so be patient.
Old 8th June 2007, 18:27   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
... but in the mean while the A.S.S have been really helpful on this and they have told me that i have to take the car to their main workshop to make the corrections, and that the work on which they are simply refusing to give any more detail is going to take one and a half days thats all the info i have with me right now.
Why should u take the car to the main workshop ?? I think they should take the responsibily of taking the car to main workshop also...
Old 11th June 2007, 09:53   #157
Senior - BHPian

Need info from Senior BHPians

yep @KPZEN , i did just that , and was told that the fifth gear Synchronizer is damaged and will have to get that from chennai as this part which is not supposedly made of metal. He told me that either i leave the vehicle @ the A.S.S for 15 days ( waiting period included) and then get back the vehicle or come in when they inform me that the required spares have arrived and then wait two or three more days.

I chose the second option because they assured me that driving the car does in no way affect the rest of the machinery in the car in the current state that it is in. i am not very sure about this because the sound i hear when changing the gears is the sound of metal against metal. Could somebody here who is familiar with the internals of the transmission system elaborate more of the functionality of the synchronizer so that i can get a better hold of the issue ?
Old 14th June 2007, 15:15   #158
BHPian

Uncle sam any reply from Hyundai???
And Hellstar You got your synchroniser Replaced??
Old 14th June 2007, 15:20   #159
Senior - BHPian

I have not got the synchronizer replaced till now, Just called up the A.S.S and they have told me that it will take another 4 days for the parts to arrive from chennai. In the mean while i was seriously considering penning a mail to HMIL to address my concern. I have already started the ground work with help from a fellow BHPian
Old 14th June 2007, 15:25   #160
BHPian

I think you should mail Hyundai.. 15 days for any spare from Chennai (6-7 hours from bangalore ) is not aceptable.
Old 14th June 2007, 17:02   #161
Senior - BHPian

there thats all i needed to click send on the mail to HMIL, i just did that the matter of the mail was already composed and kept ready so .. now i have to wait and see for a response.
Old 14th June 2007, 18:13   #162
Senior - BHPian

Sam any updates on your issue ?
Old 14th June 2007, 18:28   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Nope, no reply from Hyundai yet.
Old 14th June 2007, 22:00   #164
Senior - BHPian

Freak and with out seeing this thread i Pm'ed Hellstar asking him hows the verna cause i wanted to buy it...better alt to YET ANOTHER swift..but sadly looking at these few problems make me wonder ERRRR WHAT IF...it happens to my verna...so its out now..although i love the car...looks etc...going to go in for the swift AGAIN....i guess nothing comes close...
Old 15th June 2007, 07:01   #165
BANNED

Along with mechanical, I see this more as a safety issue, imagine if the axle were to have come off at high speeds, Hyundai needs to address this ASAP, if this were US, they would be doing a PR as well as compensation campaign by now, on another note, quite a few of Terracans have been mysteriously seizing up, no apparent reason given by Hyundai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks