Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2007, 13:32   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Sam, sorry to know about this terrible incidence. you did exactly what I would have had i been in your shoes, demand for a replacement of the car. It is shocking to know that an important component like axle has " come off" within the first few months.

However, Hyundai is pretty good in response to customers ( atleast I being a owner of 2 hyundai cars , think so), lets see if they prove themselves in your case. Goodluck to you !!!
Old 29th May 2007, 13:51   #77
BANNED

Ask them for some compensation for risking your life by giving you a faulty car.

What is happening to Hyundai these days? Seems the absence of BVR Subbu is making it's presence felt a lot!
Old 29th May 2007, 13:54   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
I was expecting a "Laughter Riot" in Sam's email, but he seems to have taken the whole affair rather too seriously
RX135, I don't like being serious, really I dont. Life needs to be made fun of. I laugh at life itself and everyone I know. But picture this - My axle came off, due to no fault of mine. What if it happens again when I am driving at 160kmph on the highway? To laugh, I need to be alive na?

It won't be a laughter riot when Rtech writes my obituary thread in shifting gears. It'll be an extremely popular thread, no doubt, but no one will be laughing. I hope not.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 29th May 2007 at 13:55.
Old 29th May 2007, 14:00   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
It won't be a laughter riot when Rtech writes my obituary thread in shifting gears. It'll be an extremely popular thread, no doubt, but no one will be laughing. I hope not.
Abbe teri to... kya ho gayaa bhaiyye?
Old 29th May 2007, 14:01   #80
BANNED

Dear Sam don't say such horrible thing we all want you to be alive and well. For time being don't drive on 160
Old 29th May 2007, 14:02   #81

Sam,
I know what happened to you must really shake your confidence in the car you have and all that but do you seriously think they will replace your car coz of a faulty axil joint or whatever the problem is?
And trust me my friend, your obituarie's a LONG WAY off.. maybe even at a time that RT can't type any more.. so here's my advice to you.
Get the car fixed.. use it.. if you still in your heart of hearts feel you can't.. then sell it.
Old 29th May 2007, 14:14   #82
BHPian

Sam, didn't you have an RS? Seen your mails on BRISKODA. Bomi.
Old 29th May 2007, 14:44   #83
Senior - BHPian

Very sad to know this about your car Sam. Although this seems like one freak incident, I hope it doesnt happen with anyone else. Your mail was good & I really hope that you get appropriate Compensation
Old 29th May 2007, 14:51   #84
Senior - BHPian

Failures do happen and I think as some others have that it was a freak accident.
But I can understand your view point and fully support your stand on this issue. I don't see how this is Hyundai bashing. Even if it is, its on a specific failure and not on the company as a whole. I think T-BHP members are becoming a little too sensitive and seems like we have company representatives here (from all companies, of course).
Old 29th May 2007, 14:52   #85
Senior - BHPian

The best bet for you till you get a satisfactory reply from hyundai amd/or replacement/thorough check is to not to take the car out of mumbai on highways and not to drive fast for atleast next 5000km within too.
Old 29th May 2007, 15:14   #86
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
It appears to be just a freak incident. So need to start bashing up Hyundai for that.

If there are repeated issues with the same part or with the same car, it is worth bashing, but as of now, it appears to be one-off incident. The service center appears to have handled it appropriately, though it would have helped if they had explained why it failed in first place. Probably, they themselves have no clue about it.
I agree with your logic in the sense that if I were going for a new Verna, I wouldn't be deterred by this case; I have the right to dismiss it as a freak incident, since out of probably thousands of such Vernas on the road, this was the only one with such a problem. To be precise, let us say 20000 such Vernas are on the road and only Sam's car gave this problem, so the probability that I would land up with the same problem in my Verna-- given no additional information -- is 1/20000. Good enough for me.

But suppose I were given a Verna and also given the following additional information; the axle in this car has failed once recently, the same axle has been fit back in exactly the same manner as before and the car will be subjected to exactly the same driving conditions as before. What is the probability that the axle will fail again? You can see that the probability of failure can no longer be taken as 1/20000; it is clearly much higher, unless futher information is available to increase our confidence levels.

To give you another analogy. The probability of getting ten heads in a row when tossing a fair coin is negligibly small, given no further information. In fact I can safely bet my life that such an eventuality will never occur. If it has already occurred once in my past I can dismiss it as a freak incident and continue to remain confident that it will never occur in future. However, if I am also given the additional information that nine heads in a row have already occurred and only one toss remains, then I can no longer dismiss the eventuality of ten heads in a row -- the chances are now 50:50.
Old 29th May 2007, 15:20   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

I do not see this thread as Hyundai-Bashing either. IMHO, hyundai has the best service record in this country. I accept that my case was handled efficiently, by hyundai service.

I am also willing to accept that mine is a freak case.
In which case, it is totally possible that my Hyundai verna is the only defective one in this world.

But I am uncomfortable driving a possibly defective car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
But suppose I were given a Verna and also given the following additional information; the axle in this car has failed once recently, the same axle has been fit back in exactly the same manner as before and the car will be subjected to exactly the same driving conditions as before. What is the probability that the axle will fail again? You can see that the probability of failure can no longer be taken as 1/20000; it is clearly much higher, unless futher information is available to increase our confidence levels.
That's my point. In a nutshell. uhhh... a very big nut no doubt, but yeah, I agree. lol.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 29th May 2007 at 15:27.
Old 29th May 2007, 15:32   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
But I am uncomfortable driving a possibly defective car.
Its all about your confidence in your car, If you have lost it, there is no way you can feel comfortable.
With the kind problem you faced, It’s very easy to loose the confidence. Its not a fault in Electricals or engine, which can be ignored because it will not the life threatening when the car is on move. But with Axle coming out at high/moderate speeds can be disaster.
Have faith,
GD
Old 29th May 2007, 16:22   #89
BHPian

It might be worthwhile to have a chat with the workshop manager who helped fix the problem to discuss the nature of the problem.

It might be possible (its my hunch currently) that the fault in drive shaft would not have been life threatening (as imagined by all of us) even at high speeds. Perhaps, it just leads to loss of transmission of power from the engine to the wheels.

If necessary please all speak to Hyundai Engineers. I believe Hyundai Plaza is owned by Hyundai. So you might want to take your car there for a check-up and discussion with the service personnel.
Old 29th May 2007, 18:22   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Guys,

I feel people have a lot of spare time on hand and have nothing better to do than attack companies at the drop of a pin. They make & pass comments without even knowing what it takes. A PDI responsible for faulty axle which never had a problem for a couple of months, checking of tolerances of spares at workshop level. Get real guys.

IMO the thread has served its purpose and needs to be closed.

Viper
Dear Sir,

Let me assure you that most people are on this forum for their love & passion of cars & anything related to it & NOT because they have nothing better to do - they are spending their time here in order to voice their concern over an unfortunate happening with another fellow forum-member. Kindly DO NOT take this a Hyundai Bashing. Most people on T-Bhp who own Hyundai cars have also time & again expressed their satisfaction over the product & A.S.S., so they are obviously not against the company in any manner.

Kindly take this in the right light & spirit

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks