Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2018, 14:27   #901
BHPian

Re: Car battery life - How long did your battery last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
For me batterybhai got me a replacement in less than 2 hrs.
Is batterybhai reliable and hassle free? I mean if there are issues then are they resolved? I have an Exide shop just next door!
Old 30th May 2018, 14:32   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Is batterybhai reliable and hassle free?
They are an aggregator and anyway post sale if you have any issues I guess you call exide and they send the nearest dealer to resolve. I did that once earlier as well. I had a battery guy around the corner but in my urgency bb helped and they were cheaper as well. They will send it to a dealer who services your area btw.
Old 30th May 2018, 14:41   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
They are an aggregator and anyway post sale if you have any issues I guess you call exide and they send the nearest dealer to resolve. I did that once earlier as well. I had a battery guy around the corner but in my urgency bb helped and they were cheaper as well. They will send it to a dealer who services your area btw.
Got that. So if I buy it online now, will it be delivered and installed today itself?
Old 30th May 2018, 14:44   #904
BHPian

Quote:
l So if I buy it online now, will it be delivered and installed today itself?
most likely yes. Like I said, I got it in two hours. You can speak to them or check their site just to be sure.
Old 30th May 2018, 14:46   #905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally it died today, it just did not crank today and went silent! Have to get one and wondering which is good. Should i get one form the dealer or should I look at one outside? Any inputs will help...
My experience in Bangalore has been that A.S.S. sells battery at the best price. Battery stores quote much higher pricing.

Rohan
Old 30th May 2018, 14:47   #906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is batterybhai reliable and hassle free? I mean if there are issues then are they resolved? I have an Exide shop just next door!
Most of these batteries are sourced from authorised Exide vendors. Battery Bhai will have some promotion or the other going around and will be slightly cheaper than local (Rs. 200-300 max).

Quote:
Got that. So if I buy it online now, will it be delivered and installed today itself?
Depends. In my case, we fixed an appointment in the afternoon and the chap came on an Activa right on time. Once you place the order on the website, you'll get the number of the person who will be servicing you. Call him up and confirm the time.
Old 30th May 2018, 15:20   #907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
My experience in Bangalore has been that A.S.S. sells battery at the best price. Battery stores quote much higher pricing.

Rohan
And mine has been the opposite. Last year I changed batteries for both my cars and both were purchased online through carbatteryexpert.

Before booking, I even called one the most reputed Amaron dealers as my friend insisted and he was costlier by 600 INR for the same battery.

Also their service is excellent. A colleague's Figo battery died while in office one evening and we booked it online and surprisingly one of them arrived and fitted in by 0730PM. Office was in EC and the chap arrived from his usual Lalbagh Road shop/godown. For me the same folks rode from Lalbagh road all the way to my home in Yelahanka.

Absolutely not bad at all!!
Old 30th May 2018, 17:38   #908
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally it died today, it just did not crank today and went silent! Have to get one and wondering which is good. Should i get one form the dealer or should I look at one outside? Any inputs will help...
I would recommend you go to your friendly neighborhood battery shop. They usually have fresh stock as their stock moves and price wise will be the same/slightly higher than an online retailer.
Old 30th May 2018, 17:59   #909
BHPian

Replaced my Ecosport TDCI's battery earlier this month during regular service. The OEM lasted for 4.5 years. No issues with cranking or lights, but there were couple of malfunction warnings early in the mornings. The service center immediately suggested that it was a battery issue. Having had a good run with Ford's OEM battery on both the Figo and Ecosport, I chose Ford's battery. With the change, the malfunction warnings have disappeared.
Old 30th May 2018, 19:26   #910
BHPian

Amaron on my six year old sixty thousand run Brio has not given up yet, recent visit to ASC confirmed it's in good health. Touchwood.
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 19:37   #911
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

Rohan
I second that for M&M at Ludhiana. My XUV battery conked off suddenly in the middle of a heavy traffic street after a trouble free use of 5 years and 4 months. Got it replaced by A.S.S, who quoted the cheapest both for Exide and Amron.
Old 4th June 2018, 20:31   #912
BHPian

Replaced Amaron Pro 74 Ah on Skoda Fabia from authorized Amaron dealer after 4 years 4 months, got replacement at same cost as available in batterybhai online in Bangalore as it was still in 8 months prorata warranty period
Old 9th June 2018, 07:03   #913
Team-BHP Support

Here's my debut into the wall of shame, after several wall-of-fame worthy entries.

Three weeks shy of two years, the stock battery on my EcoSport gave up. Replaced with a Amaron Flo 43 Ah. Cost: 4500.
Old 11th June 2018, 11:21   #914

Replaced EXIDE CONSERVO DIN70-ISS after 30 months for Maruti Ciaz with Amaron HiLife Pro 74 Ah with 60 month warranty this month.
The service guy said the max life of an OEM fitted battery is generally 18 months from the date of manufacture and not from the vehicle delivery date :-)

Amaron on 2011 Swift was going good until Nov 2015 before I sold off.
Old 12th June 2018, 20:45   #915
BHPian

The exide battery lasted for 4 years and 7 months on the Terrano. Found the cranking delaying a bit and got it checked at a battery store. The meter read 8 volts while cranking which is very low, I guess.

Decided to change and called Nissan ASC to enquire if they have an Amaron. They were selling it at exactly the same price printed on it which was 7000 odd plus labour .

Contacted http://batteryboss.in/. Got routed to a battery shop just round the corner. Got it replaced within a couple of hours for Rs 5150 .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks