Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2017, 01:00   #6331
BHPian

Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
...better I should stick to synthetic.
I also add fuel additives occasionally...
If you feel synthetic works for you, then you should stick with it.
Fuel additive works better when you're a taking long highway trip. The aggressive driving helps clear out carbon deposits more effectively.
Keep your truck serviced on time and be careful of where you get your fuel from, and your truck should be good to enjoy for years to come. :-)
param22k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 11:24   #6332
BHPian

Apologies if this information is posted earlier regarding the issues faced when car battery drains out completely & central locking won't unlock the door, even if remote is working fine.

Following is my own experience & workaround on this issue:

My Safari's battery drained completely, when I accidentally left the light under the bonnet on & the car was left idle for over a week.
I usually lock & open the driver door with keys (had bad experiences with remote battery draining out quickly) & then use the remote to de-activate the immobilizer. That day I used remotes in-stead of the key. My doors were locked out & unlocking using the keys was not working.
I figured out later that in such cases when the front doors are locked out due to drained Car battery, you can still enter the vehicle by unlocking the boot door with the key.

I then entered the vehicle & disconnected the battery terminals. The front doors were now unlocking using the keys (with Battery disconnected).
Later got the battery charged enough to crank on its own & thereafter everything was normal.
If someone faces this situation in future, can try the above trick.

Regards,
Saurabh

Last edited by aah78 : 1st February 2017 at 22:51. Reason: Typo ideal -> idle.
saurabh2711 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 18:23   #6333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
My Safari's battery drained completely, when I accidentally left the light under the bonnet on & the car was left idle for over a week.
Hi Saurabh,
The same case happened with me last year when I was in Bangalore. I also left bonnet light switched on for several days.
I called Minda(central lock) helpline number as I thought I had some issues with central locking.
I also opened read door and entered in to vehicle but instead of taking battery out we simply did a push start in reverse gear.
It was just 30-40m push inside my underground parking by single guy and car got started easily. He advised to run the car for 30-40 minutes and it got resolved.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st February 2017 at 22:52. Reason: Quoted post was edited.
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 10:28   #6334
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Saurabh,

I also opened read door and entered in to vehicle but instead of taking battery out we simply did a push start in reverse gear.
It was just 30-40m push inside my underground parking by single guy and car got started easily. He advised to run the car for 30-40 minutes and it got resolved.
Thanks Roby_dk,

Honestly, The thought of push-starting the vehicle never came to my mind, on an assumption that I cannot start the engine if immobilizer is active. I have noticed that I cannot crank the the engine even if I lock & unlock using the keys, because the immobilizer activates on its own after 10-15 minutes. Have to press the unlock button from remote to proceed ahead. I had to do the same on this occasion as well i.e. unlock using remote when battery had stored some Charge. Because as soon as I reconnected the terminals, the horns started honking.
I am still running on stock battery, and I might lose it anytime now. I guess it is at the end of its life. However with no signs of it till now.
I will surely keep a note of it (push start in reverse) for any such re-occurrences.

Many thanks.

Regards,
Saurabh

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 1st February 2017 at 10:32.
Old 1st February 2017, 21:53   #6335
BHPian

Quote:
Keep a jump cable handy for such cases. NEVER do a push start, it can damage engine. Read manual about it.
Old 7th February 2017, 15:57   #6336
BHPian

Guys ,

Tried to find information on any after market shocks or struts available for Safari Dicor. My parents and kid find it very uncomfortable to travel in it because of its pitch and roll. Any thing that could control or minimize that could be benificial. Bilstiens I suppose do not make the shocks that go on to Safari.

Thanks
Vikrant
Old 7th February 2017, 17:28   #6337
BHPian

Hello!

I have read in this thread that rear door rattling sound of safari can be eliminated by replacing door latch with the one provided in Sumo.

I tried and checked this with TASS (Concorde Delhi) but they were not sure what I was talking about and rather ignored my suggestion. They are providing a temporary fix every time which lasts for several weeks.

Can anyone tell me some suitable place FNG or TASS who has performed this activity in Delhi NCR? My expectation is without any explanation he can do that easily.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 12:56   #6338
Senior - BHPian

Recently noticing a clattering kind of sound when I am taking my 3.0 Dicor above 2000 or 2500 rpm. it sounds just like the diesel clatter at idle but the frequency increases with RPM when pushed harder. So far I have noticed it sometimes in 2nd gear and almost constantly in 3rd gear above 2k RPM. Any pointers on this appreciated!
Old 17th February 2017, 18:00   #6339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
Guys ,

Tried to find information on any after market shocks or struts available for Safari Dicor.

Thanks
Vikrant
There are few ads in the final pages of auto magazines (I saw few in autocar India magazines) which claim to make aftermarket suspensions for all types of suspensions. I am sorry I could not recollect the names.
Old 26th February 2017, 08:26   #6340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
At about 49,000 kms, my Safari now needs first brake pad change. The OEM set costs about 3000/- for the front, while Rane and SKF costs about 1600/- at spareshub.com.

What brand is OEM? Is it advisable to stick to OEM or Rane or SKF will be just fine too?

Appreciate any input to help me make a decision.

tia,
-BJ
OEM manufactirer is TVS Girling same breakpads and rear break liners are available as TVS Girling /Apache are available outside.
In my safari TVS Girling (from open market ) is running for past 40K km.
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 17:30   #6341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
In my safari TVS Girling (from open market ) is running for past 40K km.
Too late, I purchased OEM. Chose peace versus price
Thanks regardless

-BJ
Old 26th February 2017, 18:07   #6342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Too late, I purchased OEM. Chose peace versus price
Thanks regardless

-BJ
Good I was also apprehensive last time but after seeing performance for 40K decided to buy both front and back break pads of TVS Girling.

Last time after fitting some friends told me that though both are manufactured by TVS Girling thickness of TOP branded is more. So this time I checked side by side in shop and they have same thickness.

The price difference is more for rear break liners.
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 10:19   #6343
BHPian

Hi All,

Please can someone suggest the procedure to adjust the Headlights of Safari horizontally?
I can adjust the height, but unable to bring the beam on the road. Both the beams are pointing towards right. Hence have to move them in, towards left to illuminate the left side & better visibility in straight line.

Regards,
Saurabh

PS: This could have been a fit in Auto Lighting thread *(as well). Since it was purely for Safari, hence posted here.
MODs, can please move this question to Auto lighting thread if necessary.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 28th February 2017 at 10:21.
Old 2nd March 2017, 00:46   #6344
BHPian

I've been facing issues with the ABS system for over 2 months now. While the problem has finally been zeroed down to, still awaiting the required spare part from TASS. After the following complaint to TM, got a call from TASS service manager today. He's promised to arrange the spare on priority within a 3 days. Lets see if TASS and TM can deliver on this promise. The email content is pasted below, as the diagnosis might be of benefit for others. Note that the toner ring seems to have gone bad due to worn out bearing on the rear axle.

Dear TM Team

I'm writing to you to raise concern regarding failure of Dada Motors, Ludhiana*(DM) to arrange a spare part (Toner Ring*- P/N: 266733859902)*because of which I've been unable to use my vehicle for a month now.

I'm owner of a Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 VX 4x4 (PB10xxxxxx) vehicle bought from DM in Sep 2009. My vehicle developed an issue with the ABS system in Dec-16 causing it to fail. DM diagnosed it as an issue with one of the ABS speed sensors that required replacement, which was available only on order. This part was arranged by DM after a month and was replaced on 27-01-17. However, this did not solve the ABS issue and I had to visit DM again for diagnosis. This time the diagnosis was regarding replacement of Toner Ring (P/N: 266733859902), which again had to be ordered. I was assured that the part would be arranged within a week. I've followed up with DM regularly, but the part has not arranged even after a month now.

From the aforementioned it is understandable that I've not been able to use my vehicle for more than 2 months now due to delays in arranging spare parts by TASS. This is inexplicable harassment and doesn't speak well of Tata Motor's ability to back up their products with minimum expected levels of service.

Please note that I have an advance booking of Hexa with DM (Advance Receipt No: xxx Dt xx-xx-xx). However, I've decided to cancel the same due to unacceptable level of customer support provided by*TM that is significantly below industry standards.

I would request you to please arrange the required spare part (P/N: 266733859902) with utmost urgency and have*it delivered directly to me or to DM through express courier so that my vehicle can be fixed and be drivable again ASAP.

Best Regards
xxx
param22k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 10:59   #6345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
I've been facing issues with the ABS system for over 2 months now. ...
I have got this ABS issues for years now - in fact, forgot when it actually started. It has gone to a TASS in Trichy, Chennai and Palakkad and all they kept doing was changing the sensors in the front, with no success!!!

Was told by Pavan to check the toner ring when I met him last year; yet to do that. I hope this resolves your issue (provided the part comes in soon).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks