Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2017, 13:42   #6361
BHPian

Re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqRpm View Post
Also the whole AC panel was replaced. Problem is resolved as of now as I have completed 100 km run post fix without any issues. However, I can see reduction in power. TASS say that power is OK. Well can't think of any other option rather than sticking to TASS and accept what they say.
Can you please share the details and cost of the parts that were replaced, I am also facing similar issues, the directional knobs aren't working.
Old 6th April 2017, 15:15   #6362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
Can you please share the details and cost of the parts that were replaced, I am also facing similar issues, the directional knobs aren't working.
Hello Ajit,
The complete Switch Panel assembly (PCB and Knobs) was replaced. The name of the part is ASSY. CONTROL PNL COMP. (SUB) ECO A/C-2.2L. The price quoted by service adviser was Rs6200/- including labor. The individual part's cost is Rs5494.32. Since other work was also done so I am not sure how much cost of the labor was added for this particular job.
Old 8th April 2017, 12:59   #6363
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone here using a float charger for their Safari? I have an Amaron 85AH battery, which loses charge if I don't drive for a 3-4 days. Will be away for a week, and don't want to face a doesn't-crank situation.
Old 8th April 2017, 13:51   #6364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Is anyone here using a float charger for their Safari? I have an Amaron 85AH battery, which loses charge if I don't drive for a 3-4 days. Will be away for a week, and don't want to face a doesn't-crank situation.
There is some serious electrical leakage that you need to get sorted out. The battery should not get discharged even if you leave your car idle for twenty days!
anupmathur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 09:13   #6365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
There is some serious electrical leakage that you need to get sorted out. The battery should not get discharged even if you leave your car idle for twenty days!
Correct. I left my car for exact 30 days in bangalore last year while I travelled to Delhi. I was also worried that it may not start when we will be back. But it didn't happened as I thought. The car got started in first attempt with battery indicator kept glowing for some 5-10 minutes post which it disappeared.
There is definitely some problem if one is facing such issue.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 10:00   #6366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have an Amaron 85AH battery, which loses charge if I don't drive for a 3-4 days. Will be away for a week, and don't want to face a doesn't-crank situation.
Sir - possibly redundant suggestion as I feel you would have thought of it: Cant you disconnect the batter for that duration ?
Old 9th April 2017, 10:06   #6367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Sir - possibly redundant suggestion as I feel you would have thought of it: Cant you disconnect the batter for that duration ?
While this is an obvious 'solution' it is only temporary. The underlying fault needs to be sorted out. Electric problems should not be taken lightly as they are the most common cause of fires in cars.
Old 9th April 2017, 21:23   #6368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
... Cant you disconnect the batter for that duration ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
... The underlying fault needs to be sorted out. ...
The underlying problem is the battery itself - one cell going weak I guess . There is no leakage or unaccounted for drain / loads.

Unfortunately with my current time commitments, I am not able to get Amaron to replace it. It is about 14 months old!

Ordered this: http://amzn.in/0L7bLda

Hopefully it will arrive before I go outstation. Otherwise I will have to charge the battery after I come back.
Old 10th April 2017, 09:43   #6369
BHPian

Quote:
Is anyone here using a float charger for their Safari?
Yes Sir. I was using a home brewed float charger to charge the battery of my earlier TCIC safari. It supplied around 1 A when the battery was charged. Disconnecting the battery was not a good option in TCIC case as the clock required resetting. But with DiCOR it is not an option at all.

You would know best what values the ECU stores and it would be a bigger pain.
Old 24th April 2017, 11:12   #6370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Off late, I've had a much better experience at the Bosch Car Care on Sheetla Mata Mandir road owned by Devender Singh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Hello I got my car serviced yesterday and experience was good. The owner as you told is really nice guy who is not after looting customers. Thanks for calling and informing him about my visit
I am planning to get my car serviced here based on your good recommendations. Could any of you please share his contact details, so that I can fix an appointment sometime next week? Can I mention, I came across this post on TBHP?
Old 27th April 2017, 12:03   #6371
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Could any of you please share his contact details, so that I can fix an appointment sometime next week? Can I mention, I came across this post on TBHP?
Of course you can. His number is +91-9899245678.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 22:22   #6372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
The problem is weird. The central locking just freezes sometimes. Sometimes I will be able to lock/unlock with the remote but sometimes the system does not respond and I will have to open the door manually. Been in a
Any solutions for this? Gets irritating at times.
man_of_steel, The problem is not with the central locking or the battery, I have had this similar issue recently, where in the Door light on the cluster blinks though the doors are locked and when you try to unlock, it freezes for few minutes.

The actual problem is with the earthing, get the wiring harness checked, There is definitely a leakage.

i have had got all the wiring harness checked, Now the issue is gone, remote works like a charm.

Getting the wiring harness checked wouldn't take more than 2hrs, stay with the mechanic and get it checked.

Reactivate the immobilizer also after you get the wiring/leakage checked.

This will for sure resolve your issue for ever .

Hope this helps

Cheers
Josh

Last edited by joshuakeys : 15th May 2017 at 22:22. Reason: Editing
joshuakeys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 13:26   #6373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
Getting the wiring harness checked wouldn't take more than 2hrs, stay with the mechanic and get it checked.

Reactivate the immobilizer also after you get the wiring/leakage checked.
Thanks for the suggestion Josh! Last week I did get the full system checked from service personnel from Minda. It turned out to be a faulty receiver module. Had to replace it which cost about 3.5k. Now the system is working perfectly fine.
Old 20th May 2017, 18:54   #6374
BHPian

Hello All,

I currently drive Storme EX 2015 March completed 40K a week ago. I 've earlier reported a problem with A/C to TASS @ Sanathnagar, Hyderabad.

It was during March 2017, while travelling in busy roads of Hyderabad, we were stranded in a traffic jam. The A/C was kept at 2 and internal circulation ON.

Few mins into the Jam, we started facing some humidity inside cabin. I turned off internal circulation off, we increased the A/C level to 3, still humidity was felt.

I took it to TASS, they as usual laid back display of service. They kept the car for 3 days, said the a/c temp is as per standards. I insisted them to check on the gas levels, no luck.

Yesterday, I had to wait in an open parking lot post 7pm - 8pm. With Family in the car I have put the A/C at level 3 with internal circulation off and rear roof mounted a/c at max. Still everybody inside car complained of humidity. I could feel my skin sticky.

But during nights, post 9:30 pm or so, A/C at level 1/2 works just fine for me.

Please suggest where to start and what to get fixed.

Appreciate your inputs and suggestions in advance
Old 27th May 2017, 10:43   #6375
BHPian

Hello all,

My safari Aug.2009 LX is single hand sedately driven and done 89.6k kms. Besides routine services (all on time and at TASS only) Repairs done so far: Front break pads (at 28.5 and 68.5k kms), water pump (at 72K kms), All tyres changed at 67.5k kms (with MRF Wanderers AT, in very good condition now), Clutch plate complete (at 86.5k) including Master cylinder (recently at 89.6k).

Now I'll be going on my 1st Ladhak trip with family in June 2nd week. Routine complete service including gear oil and air filter change, is done.

Need advise on the following aspects:

1. Timing belt change... though TASS people say, its ok, but I know importance of changing it beforehand rather then waiting till last moment, so will be changing it in next 2 days, so that will have good 10-11 days to see if everything is fine. (Is it OK?)

2. TASS guy on recent service (few days ago) also advised to change break pads (both front & rear!!).. though rear pads are stock one, but front ones are just 21k kms old and I don't feel any problem with bite in breaks?

Should I go for change of both or only rear pads or none before the trip?

3. What is the thickness of Safari DICOR's OEM new Discs? and how long they are expected to last when driven normally (i.e. without hard breaking)?

Actually, want to check the wear & tear in discs too and see how much thickness has reduced!

4. He also suggested to go for replacement/work on parts of front suspension (tie rods, central pin, bushes, etc.) saying they 'ghish gaye hain' !!

Again I don't feel any problem or apparent bubbling in driving, but, from safety point of view in Ladhak terrain, should I go for this work BEFORE or AFTER trip?

5. OEM battery was changed after 5 yrs in mid 2014, no problem so far with battery. Will it be OK in high passes or will give any starting trouble?

Your valuable inputs are requested.

Thanks

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 27th May 2017 at 10:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks