Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2010, 02:15   #991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Thats great to hear, would it be possible to scan and attach it here?
Don't know about spare parts but I have a comparison of the service costs for City vs. Civic. Pride Honda Service had this display of labour charges for all services for all Honda vehicles and I took a picture of the same. I'll upload it tomorrow.

Regards,
spadix
Old 21st September 2010, 07:10   #992
Senior - BHPian

This is the comparison of all Honda Cars as printed on the Job Card dated 02-Sep-2010 of Pearl Honda Gurgaon.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-jc_02092010.jpg  

Old 21st September 2010, 10:12   #993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
This is the comparison of all Honda Cars as printed on the Job Card dated 02-Sep-2010 of Pearl Honda Gurgaon.
Interesting. Fuel filter and spark plug of Civic seems to be some "exotic" stuff in comparison to other cars, even Accord and CRV
Old 21st September 2010, 11:02   #994
BANNED

@vasoo: The plugs in a Civic are Iridium Plugs with a change interval of 100,000km or 10 years.

I will check on the fuel filter and report back, if someone does not beat me to it. I suspect it may just be an import and not locally sourced.
Old 21st September 2010, 14:26   #995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@vasoo: The plugs in a Civic are Iridium Plugs with a change interval of 100,000km or 10 years.

I will check on the fuel filter and report back, if someone does not beat me to it. I suspect it may just be an import and not locally sourced.
Which is all the more strange as the Civic sells a lot more than the Accord and the CRV, strange thing this from Honda.
Old 21st September 2010, 23:20   #996
BHPian

Anyone knows how many duplicate keys civic comes with ? Original + one ?
Old 22nd September 2010, 09:59   #997
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofsuresh View Post
Anyone knows how many duplicate keys civic comes with ? Original + one ?
Exactly, However, the second key does not have the remote facilities. It must have the 'chip' for the immobilizer, else the car would not start. Everything works with it.

Initially, I was a worried by only one key, then thought a bit about it and found that my second key has never been regularly used for the past 20 years at least. The only point it has been needed is when I accidentally went to work with it in my pocket, and someone wanted to access the car at home. This is covered by the second 'manual mode' key.
Old 22nd September 2010, 13:02   #998
BHPian

keys

I usually guard the car keys as if my life depends on it!
Never lost so far in around 27 years!

Once my relative locked it inside his car (not mine!) when we had gone for a picnic (I do not remember the car model) many years back, and we broke the glass in the C-pillar to get them back.

I have now bought the Honda 24x7 assistance, it covers the situation if you lose or lock them in your car.

Last edited by manim : 22nd September 2010 at 13:04.
Old 23rd September 2010, 23:34   #999
BHPian

@GTO or any other Mobil 1 users:
Do you purchase the Mobil 1 outside and give it to the Honda folks or you catch hold of an independent mechanic to change the oil or is it DIY ? Where do you purchase the Mobil 1 and how much oil is required for Civic when you completely replace the oil ? How much I should pay for 1L of Mobil 1 and where can I get in in Bangalore ?

@ Civic Users:
If a car has not changed oil with correct frequency, would that 'by itself' be a deal breaker ? For example if they had run the car with mineral oil for 10k kms for an year. The car is otherwise good. I, though not very exited about the incorrect oil change, thought of getting the car tested with Honda Diagnostic System with the dealer (testing with the engine diagnostic software) and pick it up if they give a clean chit. The car did sound coarse after 4k kms - auto tranny s mode 1st gear. Don't know whether it was the famed vtec grunt or an overworked engine. Or its possible the car has seen 4k+ RPM very rarely - I wont be surprised. The car has run ~39k kms. Please provide any pointers that you may have.

Apologies if the questions are too many. I am seeing various civics and each car throws up a new question. These may not be the last set of questions!
Old 24th September 2010, 09:54   #1000
BANNED

I will not sorry about Mineral - you can even get mineral in API-SM. Even if someone has occasionally used a lower grade oil (like SG or SJ) will not bug me. However, and oil change interval of over 15 months (unless the car was locked up, and oil changed immediately thereafter) definitely will. It indicates that the car owner is somewhat casual.
Old 24th September 2010, 11:24   #1001
BHPian

Mineral-oil till 40K

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofsuresh View Post
For example if they had run the car with mineral oil for 10k kms for an year
Synthetic oil was not available with my Honda-Dealer when I bought my AT in 2007.
It was only in 2009 at my 40K service when the dealer persuaded me to use Synthetic. So I had been on Mineral till 40K (oil change was done at 10K, 20K, 30K).

Synthetic was done at 40K, 50K, 60K and 70K.

Now my car is in great shape! Very smooth! I boast to my children that my car is still brand new!
Old 24th September 2010, 13:13   #1002
BHPian

I have just complete 3K service and srossed 36K on odo. using mineral oil since beginning. I am facing no issue at all, car is still smooth and full of power specially on highways.
I am not sure If I have to switch to synth.
Old 24th September 2010, 14:20   #1003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Don't know about spare parts but I have a comparison of the service costs for City vs. Civic. Pride Honda Service had this display of labour charges for all services for all Honda vehicles and I took a picture of the same. I'll upload it tomorrow.
Apologies for being a couple of days later than promised, and for the skewed picture (it was at a height and I couldn't get a stool or something similar). By the way, the job card lists *slightly* different rates (I've posted the comparison between the two sets of rates for the Civic only - and not the City - in an earlier post on this same thread).

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_1360.jpg

Regards,
spadix

Last edited by spadix : 24th September 2010 at 14:22.
Old 26th September 2010, 10:44   #1004
BHPian

Windshield washer fluid

Here is the Windshield washer fluid I bought from my dealer:
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-1.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-2.jpg  

Old 26th September 2010, 11:24   #1005
BHPian

how much did you pay for it ?

MRP is printed 45.00

Most Viewed