Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2010, 12:07   #916
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
It is USD. The pair costs US$28 and shipping from HK US$22. I have placed the order today.
I hope it is money well spent!
Old 4th August 2010, 12:12   #917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
I hope it is money well spent!
Did you get the new bulbs fitted by the dealer or some other workshop guys? Have you tried DIY? I think we need to do this through the wheel well rather than through the bonnet.
Old 4th August 2010, 12:17   #918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you get the new bulbs fitted by the dealer or some other workshop guys? Have you tried DIY? I think we need to do this through the wheel well rather than through the bonnet.
Removing the front bumper is a childs play.

Bottom there are a few locks, top under the bonnet there are a few locks, and two screws at the end in each side under the wheel wells.

Take it fully out and do your DIY
Old 4th August 2010, 12:37   #919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to do a DIY but could not and got the bulbs changed at a local garage. The high beam bulbs need to replaced through the bonnet and the low beam bulbs need you to turn your wheels to the extreme and pop open the mudguards in the wheel well.
Old 4th August 2010, 19:30   #920
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking for a suitable tool to remove those plastic locks without damaging them. I saw Motor Plaza prying those things out and it broke my heart on how much they managed to destroy those things in moments.
Old 4th August 2010, 19:41   #921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
I'm looking for a suitable tool to remove those plastic locks without damaging them. I saw Motor Plaza prying those things out and it broke my heart on how much they managed to destroy those things in moments.
A suitable sized flat screwdriver with some clothes around it would do the trick.
Old 4th August 2010, 19:47   #922
Senior - BHPian

Wrap the end of a flathead screw driver in masking tape. Works beautifully.
Old 4th August 2010, 20:08   #923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I saw this tool in a HID DIY link at 8thCivic forum. Looks pretty good for the purpose. Not sure if we get it here. This is the link for the article there.

Last edited by vasoo : 4th August 2010 at 20:09.
Old 4th August 2010, 20:18   #924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I saw this tool in a HID DIY link at 8thCivic forum. Looks pretty good for the purpose. Not sure if we get it here. This is the link for the article there.
That site is a treasure trove of all things Civic. I'm sure you can get that tool, any decent automotive tool kit should have one.

That reminds me, can anyone recommend a good automotive tool kit? I've seen some from Stanley but they are very expensive.
Old 5th August 2010, 23:54   #925
Senior - BHPian

What kind of bulbs does the Civic use? 9006 low and 9005 hi-beam?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
considering the weird sizes these are the only ones available in the Philips range.
Old 6th August 2010, 00:35   #926
Senior - BHPian

Yes. You can't get bulbs like the Rallye in those applications.

Gave the car for 25k service today. Will update tomorrow evening.
Old 6th August 2010, 20:36   #927
Senior - BHPian

Had an incident today. Was parked at a fuel pump, decided to go out and check the meter reading. Before I knew what had happened a rider rams into the door. :(

Due to the impact he's down with his helmet off and had scraped himself on the forehead. Picked him and his sorry activa up and wanted to give him a bashing of his life but just berated him.

Came to car and saw that my drivers side door is damaged and it has curled up from the edge near the B pillar and it won't close. I have to lift it up to close the door.

Immediately went to Solitaire Honda to assess the damage, the SA tells me thats the door needs to be replaced and its best to claim insurance.

The door costs 18K, painting it will be another 7-8K and some odds and ends pushes the total to 27K. Have got the car back home and will be dropping it on Monday to get the work done.

Its barely been 2 months since I got my car home, sigh!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-photo0161.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-photo0162.jpg  

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 6th August 2010 at 20:47. Reason: Attaching pics of the car
Old 6th August 2010, 20:41   #928
Senior - BHPian

25k/2years service done.

Total cost : Rs. 7990.

1.4k + 1.6k for 3M detailing on the inside and outside. They forgot to change the air filter last service, that's around 820, synth oil is 2.1k, service labor is 1k, 250 snuck in for "brake cleaning", a lot of silly niggles fixed for free (hit a kerb, lost a screw on a mud guard, scooter lost balance and backed into bumper, broke a clip, both front seats rattling, both front brake discs turned to stop a squealing noise etc etc). 3M job is very good on the inside, average on the outside.

If not for the detailing job, cheap for a synth oil change service. Air filter change brought a dramatic difference. Car pulls hard again, intake note has some growl.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 6th August 2010 at 20:42.
Old 6th August 2010, 20:51   #929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
25k/2years service done.

Total cost : Rs. 7990.

1.4k + 1.6k for 3M detailing on the inside and outside. They forgot to change the air filter last service, that's around 820, synth oil is 2.1k, service labor is 1k, 250 snuck in for "brake cleaning", a lot of silly niggles fixed for free (hit a kerb, lost a screw on a mud guard, scooter lost balance and backed into bumper, broke a clip, both front seats rattling, both front brake discs turned to stop a squealing noise etc etc). 3M job is very good on the inside, average on the outside.

If not for the detailing job, cheap for a synth oil change service. Air filter change brought a dramatic difference. Car pulls hard again, intake note has some growl.
Hey the 3M detailing is very reasonable. Here in Bombay I was quoted 10.6K for underbody and around 2K each for interior and exterior detailing.
Have you/anyone done the underbody treatment of your car?
Old 6th August 2010, 21:06   #930
BHPian

oh thats really bad.
apart from a definite hole in your pocket your 20% no claim is also gone...... Most important it really hurts on your new vehicle..... It is good that both you and that biker are safe, it could have hurt you as well.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks