Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2010, 16:30   #811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
I would suggest, you take a long test drive with 4-5 people on board and take the car over these car breakers and see how it performs.
Hi,

I did take the test drive today, with 4 people on board. I intentionally drove on most part of JP Nagar (in Bangalore) where there are lot of speed breakers. I did not even scrape a single one. Was pretty impressed with it overall. Civic is back in contention for me now
Old 24th June 2010, 16:42   #812
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
And all these years i have been doing without one
Reversing isn't that bad, once you know her enough.
Yes. But a simple bump will cost you hell of a lot more to fix. Last December I was in Kolkata for my daughter's wedding, and one of the relatives lent me his City. It was the only time in 41+ years of driving all sorts of vehicle when I was scared in reversing. So for the City/Civic reversing sensors are a must as far as I am concerned.

Also, regarding the Rs.1200 solution, as the cockney says ' You pays your money, and takes your choice'. Incidentally, here there are four sensors, two for the rear and two for the sides!
Old 24th June 2010, 18:41   #813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Yes. But a simple bump will cost you hell of a lot more to fix. Last December I was in Kolkata for my daughter's wedding, and one of the relatives lent me his City. It was the only time in 41+ years of driving all sorts of vehicle when I was scared in reversing. So for the City/Civic reversing sensors are a must as far as I am concerned.

Also, regarding the Rs.1200 solution, as the cockney says ' You pays your money, and takes your choice'. Incidentally, here there are four sensors, two for the rear and two for the sides!

TO each his own.
But must Say Civic isn't that bad to park.

What you really need is some sensors to protect you from the two wheelers
Old 25th June 2010, 15:25   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Wow, what a rip off. I got the normal sensor one with a clip on mirror from Honda itself when I bought the car. It has started to become flaky of late and cost 4.5k or something at the time of purchase. They had the video camera version for around 10k at the time.
The clip thing is still there, they are selling it but that is not original HONDA it is from blackcat and that is roughly 4.5 - 5K only, i think they should be available at a cheaper price outside honda, I have also seen with camera and sensor version in 6.5 K in accesories shop.
I am driving civic since feb 2008 and till date there is no issue in reversing but I think if there are some good sensors for help I would be more confident in tight corners and places where less space to reverse.
Old 26th June 2010, 23:06   #815
Senior - BHPian

Went today for a wheel alignment check and balancing.

Guys couldn't believe the tyres have done 50k and going strong. For their stats remains at 30 to 35K for Civic.

For the record the car still runs on the stock tyres and stock pads. Will need a change in the next 10k I guess.
Old 27th June 2010, 06:25   #816
BHPian

laluks, are you rotating every 5k km or 20k?

And could you please tell me the 'order' you do it in.

I'm still a way off, but better safe than sorry.
Old 27th June 2010, 10:43   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwzd View Post
laluks, are you rotating every 5k km or 20k?

And could you please tell me the 'order' you do it in.

I'm still a way off, but better safe than sorry.
Rotating and balancing every 5k, with all 5 wheels including the spare.
Alignment every 10k or need based.
Old 28th June 2010, 11:18   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rotating and balancing every 5k, with all 5 wheels including the spare.
Alignment every 10k or need based.
Sound advice.
I will get mine done this weekend.

I better start maintaining a spreadsheet on the car's service history, wheel rotation and alignment etc.

BTW, what kind of average are you getting from city drives? During my last tankfil the car did 10.3 kmpl in the city routine, mostly short distances and AC on at all times. I think its quite good. My 17 year old Esteem used to return around 11 kmpl.

Cheers

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 28th June 2010 at 11:29.
Old 28th June 2010, 11:32   #819
BANNED

The dealerships normally do a four wheel rotation, and not a five wheel rotation! So you have to ask for it.
Old 28th June 2010, 13:47   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
BTW, what kind of average are you getting from city drives? During my last tankfil the car did 10.3 kmpl in the city routine, mostly short distances and AC on at all times. I think its quite good. My 17 year old Esteem used to return around 11 kmpl.

Cheers
City drives mostly 11ish.
Highways varies from 9() to 14, never got more than that - never bothered too. She's not for the mileage stuff you know
Old 28th June 2010, 19:31   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The dealerships normally do a four wheel rotation, and not a five wheel rotation! So you have to ask for it.
Is it mandatory that I get the wheel rotation and alignment done at the dealership during service, to not void warranty ? I prefer getting it done at the regular tyre shop.
Old 28th June 2010, 19:36   #822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Is it mandatory that I get the wheel rotation and alignment done at the dealership during service, to not void warranty ? I prefer getting it done at the regular tyre shop.
Not at all. You can stay with your fav alignment shop. That'd be cheaper as well.
Old 28th June 2010, 22:33   #823
Senior - BHPian

I got my 40k service done today. Total bill amount Rs.8845/- including synthetic oil.
Old 29th June 2010, 13:47   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, my car underwent a 20k service in May and the wheels were aligned, not sure about the rotation. And already I can feel the car move slightly to the left.
I'd rather get it done outside.

Quote:
City drives mostly 11ish.
Highways varies from 9() to 14, never got more than that - never bothered too. She's not for the mileage stuff you know
Thats very nice mileage in the city. Concur that she ain't meant to be driven sedately, but I'd still like to know the price I pay for it.

Quote:
Not at all. You can stay with your fav alignment shop. That'd be cheaper as well.
You bet. Thats my next step.
Old 30th June 2010, 20:11   #825
BHPian

65K Service soon

I have completed 66K and plan to do the 65K service in a few days (AT). Will post details after it.

FE in the third year is 13.36 over 21,240 kms, a great achievement.
In the first year it was 10.5. In the second year it was 12.0.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks