Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2017, 17:57   #8491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
I write this with a heavy heart.

My civic was broken into today morning/last night by breaking the left driver side window and the headunit along with the automatic climate control unit were stolen.

Have filed a police complaint and the car is now at Honda for insurance claim and subsequent repairs.

What a terrible day.

Will keep you guys updated on how the repair goes.
Sorry to hear about your loss.

The car must had been parked in an isolated place and it seems like the theif used some kind of window shattering device to break it otherwise it would have created a loud noise.

Plus your car would be having an after market headunit which led him took the risk of stealing it.

Do HISS trigger an alarm post detecting an impact just like aftermarket devices like Autocop have?

Last edited by aah78 : 6th July 2017 at 18:01. Reason: Pictures removed from quote.
ashishrathi88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 18:28   #8492
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishrathi88 View Post
Do HISS trigger an alarm post detecting an impact just like aftermarket devices like Autocop have?
No, it doesn't. Shock sensors are not available on stock security system. It would just sound the horn and trigger all lights intermittently when any door is opened without disarming the system via remote or by opening the driver side lock with the key.
Old 6th July 2017, 18:40   #8493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
My civic was broken into and the head unit along with the automatic climate control unit were stolen
Sad indeed. Sorry for your loss. Was this an aftermarket unit ?
This has been the major concern for me ever since I changed my HU to a Pioneer 2-DIN unit. Hope the insurance guys disburse your claim soon.
WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 20:39   #8494
Distinguished - BHPian

Query

If the steering lock is left at accessories position and key taken out (worn keys) and the car is locked. In this situation the remote unlock does not work?

Any one else can confirm this.

Caution - try with windows rolled down.
Old 7th July 2017, 08:25   #8495
Senior - BHPian

Any suggestions wrt tyres? I have Bridgestone Turanza, they've held up pretty well for 40-45k kms ( changed them in pairs). This time I'm looking to change all of them together.

My only gripe with these tyres is, as the tread started to wear, they became pretty noisy. Now, towards the end of their life, anything above 70-80 kmph and there's a constant drone. And they still have some life left..verified using the manufacturer markers on the tyres.

I'm looking for something which is durable and has less road noise. Stock setup. Any suggestions?
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 10:06   #8496
BANNED

@Enigmatic; I feel sorry for the incident. A Civic grown on you and becomes a beloved friend. I hope they are able to fix it to a real good shape.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 11:07   #8497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I'm looking for something which is durable and has less road noise.
Check out Yokohama V550 decibel. They're the most silent tyres I've ever used. Not on the civic though, they lasted for about 46K kms on my punto. Really cushy ride and super silent. Will surely recommend these.
WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 11:10   #8498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearce634 View Post
Surprising.

I'd posted a while back regarding a leakage I had on the A pillar of my Civic. I still haven't got around to taking care of the issue due to lack of time, but when I threw a passing question to by SA whilst my car was being serviced at HASS, he gave me a quote of 11000+ for the weather stripping. Doubting my ears I repeated sought to confirm this quote, and he didn't budge...

Wonder how there could be such a huge disparity in component prices?
Hmm. Leaks near the A pillar seem to be common for the Civic. It is also quite critical that you have someone look at it and fix it. If you keep letting it get wet, it will rust inside and then the problem will be much more complicated to solve. I had a similar issue in my car and it became a saga of idiocy from Peninsular. As usual.

Basically, they wanted to remove and refix the windshield to fix the leak. They broke the windshield when they removed it and ruined my super expensive VKool film doing it. Ended up fixing a new windshield. A year later, during one of Kerala's ridiculously powerful monsoons, I get a downpour from the front center light console - like, a tap had opened inside. They strip everything down and find that the roof had rusted where it met the windshield and punched a hole through. Why? Because when they replaced my windshield the first time over, they didn't do it properly. Peninsular wanted to charge me some ridiculous amount of money to fix this (30K+) - something that happened because of their bloody mistake!

I got some Honda higher ups and press involved and told them that I wanted to invoke my rust warranty and wanted a brand new car. Immediately the tone changed and everything was fixed, replaced and painted free of cost. Thus continued my hate-hate relationship with Peninsular Honda.

Moral of the story : Honda dealerships generally suck and don't know the meaning of the word primer even if it was dumped on their head. Do not ignore water inside the cabin.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 7th July 2017 at 11:11.
Old 7th July 2017, 11:20   #8499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Check out Yokohama V550 decibel. They're the most silent tyres I've ever used. ........ Will surely recommend these.
Hi Coolkurt. It depends on what kind of roads you will be driving on. I'm using the V550 dB on my Civic and I will agree with Wasava tyres that they're super tyres .. but on tar. On concrete roads ( which we have a lot of in Mumbai) I can feel a rumble and some tyre hum. Move to a tar road and it's like a magic carpet. Since you're sticking to the stock size I would also recommend Michelin Primacy 3ST. Put them on a friend's Creta recently and I'm very impressed. Unfortunately I didn't have much of an option for my Civic as I upsized to 205s and the Michelins were not available in that size.

P.S : Be warned that the V550 are directional tyres, which means, no cross rotation possible unless you dismount them from the rim and remount them again taking into account the direction of rotation.
revvhed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 12:28   #8500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Check out Yokohama V550 decibel. They're the most silent tyres I've ever used. Not on the civic though, they lasted for about 46K kms on my punto. Really cushy ride and super silent. Will surely recommend these.
I'll check these out. I've got a Punto too, due for a tyre change in about 5k kms. Will remember this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvhed View Post
Hi Coolkurt. It depends on what kind of roads you will be driving on. I'm using the V550 dB on my Civic and I will agree with Wasava tyres that they're super tyres .. but on tar. On concrete roads ( which we have a lot of in Mumbai) I can feel a rumble and some tyre hum. Move to a tar road and it's like a magic carpet. Since you're sticking to the stock size I would also recommend Michelin Primacy 3ST. Put them on a friend's Creta recently and I'm very impressed. Unfortunately I didn't have much of an option for my Civic as I upsized to 205s and the Michelins were not available in that size.

P.S : Be warned that the V550 are directional tyres, which means, no cross rotation possible unless you dismount them from the rim and remount them again taking into account the direction of rotation.
The thing is, I have to do a lot of driving on bad roads ( gurgaon construction sites) or no roads at all..so I need a set of tyres which are a bit more durable. Always heard good thing about the Michelins in terms of low noise but they're more prone to sidewall ruptures as compared to say a bridgestone.

How does the V550 stack up wrt durability...driving on bad roads etc?

I'd had a set of Goodyear assurance before..was pretty hardy. Been pretty happy with the current bridgestone Turanzas but I was just wondering if I can get something quieter and equally durable.
Old 7th July 2017, 12:42   #8501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvhed View Post
Since you're sticking to the stock size I would also recommend Michelin Primacy 3ST. Put them on a friend's Creta recently and I'm very impressed.
I'm having them on my Civic. Its been around 2-3 months with these and around 3K of intercity runs.

Have to say they are super silent with bare minimum tire/road noise.

Must recommended specially with stock Civic rims.

Only demerit is the soft tire side wall with a bulge kind of look.
ashishrathi88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 14:28   #8502
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Totally confused about part number.

In Hondapartsnow, if I search for 2008 Honda Civic 4 Door EX KA 5MT. I see two items. Not sure whats the difference between these two. I have contacted them, but they are not ready to answer, as India VIN is not valid for them !

56100-RNA-A03RM - P/S Pump, Reman - $313
56110-RNA-305 - Pump Sub-Assy., Power Steering(COO) - $213

As per other posting in this Forum and AliExpress, I could locate the part number as following. But not sure what "Kit" means.

06531-RNA-000 - Kit P/S Pump - $170. (Hondapartsnow.com)
Finally, I changed the P.S Pump. I got aftermarket one from JK Automobiles in JC Road (Rs 9000) and got it fixed in bay6 Hosa Road. Both these guys are really helpful. I hope pump hold good..

I had to drop the plan of importing from Hondapartsnow.com ($170 Part + $51 Duty + $76 Shipping) due to anticipated delay (3 weeks) and trouble at customs. It seems present rate of duty is 42%, but Fedex is taking only 30% upfront. No clarity on what to do when part arrives in Bangalore.

HASS said OEM PS Pump is Rs 50k and another 4k or so for fixing..
swageo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 15:40   #8503
BHPian

Quote:

How does the V550 stack up wrt durability...driving on bad roads etc?
Hi,

I couldn't really say because my driving is all on paved roads ( and I try to be very careful 😁 ).

That said any tyre that offers a soft ride will have a softer rubber compound and softer sidewalls.

As far as I know, for toughness and durability Bridgestone is your best bet.

Try posting on the Civic tyre upgrade thread and see what the resident tyre gurus have to say.
revvhed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 16:39   #8504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
happy with the current bridgestone Turanzas but I was just wondering if I can get something quieter and equally durable.
Currently running on Bridgestone Turanza T001 and they are doing well both in dry and wet conditions. I don't think the ER60 series will be available anymore and have been discontinued with the new T001 as the replacement for same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Finally, I changed the P.S Pump. I got aftermarket one from JK Automobiles in JC Road (Rs 9000) and got it fixed in bay6 Hosa Road. Both these guys are really helpful. I hope pump hold good..
Is it a China made pump or how ?
Old 7th July 2017, 16:47   #8505
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Currently running on Bridgestone Turanza T001 and they are doing well both in dry and wet conditions. I don't think the ER60 series will be available anymore and have been discontinued with the new T001 as the replacement for same.

Is it a China made pump or how ?
Must be. Nothing written on it. I went for a short drive. The pump has more whine that OEM pump. But I read somewhere that these aftermarket pumps has this problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks