Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2015, 18:08   #6991
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Do you hear the sound of the motor when pulling the stalk towards you ? If so, another check I would do is to see if the liquid is getting sprayed inside thereby not reaching the nozzle. In my case, it was a case of rat biting the tube causing a leak.
No, I don't hear any sound. Could it be that the motor has gone bad?
Old 2nd November 2015, 18:35   #6992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
No, I don't hear any sound. Could it be that the motor has gone bad?
Possibly. But before you confirm that it would make sense to rule out the malfunction due to a blown fuse.
Old 4th November 2015, 13:26   #6993
Senior - BHPian

Some updates about the airbag recall.

Air bag crisis may shift auto market to Daicel, Autoliv
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/201.../#.Vjm4UWv_hsx

Honda gets new supplier for parts in air bag recall

http://driving.ca/honda/auto-news/ne...recalled-parts

Driver side new inflator seems to be from Autoliv and passenger side from Daicel. Probably Honda is reducing its dependency on one supplier after this episode.

The Passenger side inflator
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20151104_1012112.jpg

From Daicel
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20151104_1011002.jpg
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20151104_1011202.jpg
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 19:43   #6994
BHPian

I gave my Honda Civic for servicing at my nearby HASS. While the servicing itself was a good experience, they broke my Map My India AVN switches (left side ones) . Basically, the switches and the Mode Button has gone in (photo attached).

I got the SA to take photograph of the damage and he has promised to have that looked into when I get my car to them for Airbag Inflator replacement (this also was supposed to be done during the servicing, but after the servicing, I was told that they ran out of stock for the inflators).

I have given the AVN system for repair at Ritesh Electronics in Somajiguda (Hyderabad); they are the authorized Service Agency for Map My India. They confirmed that the places where the screws fit in have been broken. They have been trying to somehow fix it since yesterday.

In case it doesn't work, I need to install another system and needed support from fellow Civic owners on how to source the Civic dash kit for the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20151105_13233701.jpeg  

Last edited by civic-dk : 6th November 2015 at 19:59. Reason: Correcting typo
Old 7th November 2015, 12:22   #6995
BHPian

Hi all, need some advice regarding my honda civic, wherein rodents have cut out the spark plug wires. The honda guys here saying that the wire is part of a loom(harness), which needs full replacement costing around 15k. Any advice is very welcome.
Old 7th November 2015, 12:27   #6996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi22 View Post
Hi all, need some advice regarding my honda civic, wherein rodents have cut out the spark plug wires. The honda guys here saying that the wire is part of a loom(harness), which needs full replacement costing around 15k. Any advice is very welcome.
Is something like this covered under insurance. Mine being l & t insurance.
Old 8th November 2015, 20:23   #6997
BHPian

My 2007 AT Honda Civic was doing good, but recently faced some problems:
I purchased this recently (7 months back) and have driven 5000 kms in the last 6 months, shifted cities and last service was done in Bangalore HASS.
Now i want to get the service done from FNG, to save costs.There are 2 main issues:
1) AC has become very weak (what can be the issues, gas, leakage, or crystallisation? before presenting the issue to the FNG)
2) I am driving the car in Kolkata city traffic since last 3 months, which is pretty bad and car mostly runs at speed below 30 KMPH. Yesterday i took the car for 400+ kms drive and the car did not drove as well as it used to be, might be because of prolonged city drive. The car took a lot of effort and grunt to reach >90 kmph speeds and there were some differentiated metallic sounds, car drove well (i.e smooth and light) below 80 KMPh speeds.

Pls suggest guide what could be the cause of concerns.
Old 8th November 2015, 20:56   #6998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
In case it doesn't work, I need to install another system and needed support from fellow Civic owners on how to source the Civic dash kit for the same.
Your local car audio shop can get a dash trim kit for you. The prices are between 2-3.5K with higher one for the Taiwan make and lower for the cheap chinese make. I got the Taiwan make and it matches the interior perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
1) AC has become very weak (what can be the issues, gas, leakage, or crystallisation? .... The car took a lot of effort and grunt to reach >90 kmph speeds and there were some differentiated metallic sounds, car drove well (i.e smooth and light) below 80 KMPh speeds.
In my case the cooling coil went kaput. I have put in a non OE cooling coil which alone was worth around 8k. Get the car to a good workshop and get it checked out. Also does the a/c stop and start intermittently or does it starts but does not cool ? I am not sure about the metallic sound but if your car is a automatic then i hope the "D" light is not blinking while driving. Get the car to a HASS for a tune up which should include throttle body cleaning, spark plug cleaning etc. Also when was the air filter/fuel filter changed ? Is there any hesitation or jerk while accelerating ?

To All,

I am contemplating changing the rear shocks changed in my Civic. Apart from the dampers should anything else be needed to looked into ? Not sure if the rear has bushes which need changing ? Also what should be the life of the rear springs ?

Thanks all
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 21:31   #6999
BHPian

In my case the cooling coil went kaput. I have put in a non OE cooling coil which alone was worth around 8k. Get the car to a good workshop and get it checked out. Also does the a/c stop and start intermittently or does it starts but does not cool ? I am not sure about the metallic sound but if your car is a automatic then i hope the "D" light is not blinking while driving. Get the car to a HASS for a tune up which should include throttle body cleaning, spark plug cleaning etc. Also when was the air filter/fuel filter changed ? Is there any hesitation or jerk while accelerating ?

Thanks for replying:
"Also does the a/c stop and start intermittently or does it starts but does not cool ? "=> The car a/c starts (no issues on stopping intermittently) but is not cooling like it used to earlier.

"I am not sure about the metallic sound but if your car is a automatic then i hope the "D" light is not blinking while driving"=> D light is not blinking, it is continuously ON while driving. 'Air filter/fuel filter and engine oil was last done in May'15 of this year and Yes there is a slight hesitation while accelerating, i mean there is felt change as against the last long drive i had.
Old 11th November 2015, 18:48   #7000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi22 View Post
I got the same quote when I enquired about replacing the battery terminals as mine is getting old and rusting. Apparently these wires are not available separately and has to buy the full wiring harness. Maybe you can get hold of the spark plug wires from a scrap/total loss vehicle and have an independent garage change it for you.

Quote:
D light is not blinking, it is continuously ON while driving. 'Air filter/fuel filter and engine oil was last done in May'15 of this year and Yes there is a slight hesitation while accelerating, i mean there is felt change as against the last long drive i had.
I had similar problem while driving in automatic mode. The car hesitates to move anything above 40Kmph as if the transmission is unable to find proper gear and there was knocking/jerking. No such problems when paddle shifting. I took the car for periodic maintenance last week and this problem was gone when they did throttle body cleaning and changed auto-transmission fluid. Now the car is smooth as butter. Also got the complimentary airbag inflator replacement on passenger side, as driver side was out of stock

Last edited by XtremeTorque : 11th November 2015 at 18:50.
XtremeTorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 00:02   #7001
BHPian

Hi did any one did a self service of their Honda civic (I have a 2007 Automatic Honda Civic) ?, if yes could you pls share the DIY steps with the parts used in the service and the costs involved and some videos if made.
Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 09:41   #7002
BANNED

Quote:
In my case the cooling coil went kaput. I have put in a non OE cooling coil which alone was worth around 8k.
I had the coil in my Civic punctured by gravel in 2011, replaced in early 2012. OE coil cost ₹12,000 at that time.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 11:08   #7003
BHPian

Yesterday I happened to open the pollen filter cabin only to figure out that the filter itself was missing and was filled with old dry leaves. Is that the case with others? I have seen cabin filter for sale on Amazon for Rs.675. Planning to order one here:

http://www.amazon.in/ALTECH-Hi-Perfo...keywords=civic
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-1.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-2.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-3.jpg  

Old 12th November 2015, 11:14   #7004
BHPian

^^ not sure about the facelifted 2009+ Civic, but mine doesnt have a cabin filter as OE fitment. There is however the provision for adding one as it is available for international variants.
Old 12th November 2015, 15:14   #7005
BANNED

@aa_asif; The Indian spec Civic does not have the filter. I bought mine on the net (FRAM with Carbon) on the web for 2000+. Now the 675 unit looks like a steal. I hear the filter is the same as in the Accord. When I checked at the Honda ASS while the exploded drawing shows the filter housing, it is not even listed. So get your own and put it in, is the only way. Very surprising since the City has one. In the Brio the housing is moulded into a single piece so you can't even add it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks