Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2015, 15:24   #7006
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
675 unit looks like a steal.
I have just placed the order now. I will post the pictures post delivery on installation.

Could this be the reason for a weird (I won't call it foul) smell which was more like smelling some chemical or a gas under hard acceleration? H.A.S.S guys said its normal. Hope it would get eliminated after putting this filter.

Cheers!
Old 12th November 2015, 15:29   #7007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_asif View Post
Yesterday I happened to open the pollen filter cabin only to figure out that the filter itself was missing and was filled with old dry leaves. Is that the case with others? I have seen cabin filter for sale on Amazon for Rs.675. Planning to order one here:

http://www.amazon.in/ALTECH-Hi-Perfo...keywords=civic
Hi,
I ordered this filter. There is a small problem with this. You would need to file off the cardboard edges of this filter. It is not an exact fit. Tray won't close otherwise.

But still better than not having one. Check with the HASS also. I think the City cabin filter also fits the civic.

Rgds
Old 12th November 2015, 15:32   #7008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_asif View Post
I have just placed the order now. I will post the pictures post delivery on installation.

Could this be the reason for a weird (I won't call it foul) smell which was more like smelling some chemical or a gas under hard acceleration? H.A.S.S guys said its normal. Hope it would get eliminated after putting this filter.

Cheers!
Is this a burning kind of smell that you get under hard acceleration?
I get that smell. It won't go away with the filter. Anyway, filter won't keep out smells. It is mainly a dust filter.
Best thing is that even on re-circulation mode, the air passes through the filter, so dust removal happens continuously. You will be able to see the difference over time if you live in a dusty environment

Rgds
Old 12th November 2015, 23:31   #7009
Senior - BHPian

Guys my Civic's rear end is sagging a bit due to the added weight of the CNG tank. I already have auto-runners at the back but the end still looks droopy. Will changing the rear suspension to stiffer (TRW) shocks correct the droopy look at the back or do i have to look at the springs as well. I am getting TRW shocks at 4.5k a pair at SparesHub.com hence was asking if they are worth the trouble. I kind of started hating the rear sagging look on the car.

Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 14:19   #7010
BHPian

Drove down to Goa from Mumbai today in my civic. Started yesterday with overnight break at belagam. Strange incident happened yesterday and a repeat today of the same thing. At nipani (the wonderful road of KA) when taking the left turn on uphill road at considerable speed, I heard a 'grhhhhh' sort of sound from the front left wheel well, continuously for about 3 seconds, and then immediately again for a shorter duration. I was worried, but it didn't come back and there was no impact/difference on driving. Today, again the same thing happened. Same sound for about 2 seconds when on a left turn, this time downhill.
Have asked the local goa HASS people to come and collect the car to do a thorough inspection for my peace of mind for return journey.
Anyone else has faced this? What to expect? I'm a little bit worried...
Old 13th November 2015, 20:28   #7011
BHPian

In my Civic SAT, the fog lamp is not working. HASS has confirmed that it is the switch which is faulty and will cost Rs.700 to replace. I think it is quite a lot of money for just one switch .

Request inputs on how can I source it from outside (hopefully at a much lower cost).
Old 15th November 2015, 21:30   #7012
BHPian

Hi All,

I am looking for a Civic auto for myself. I have seen a 2010 model car with 62k kms on the odo. It's a V model and is facelifted one. As per the dealer the car comes with service history and the asking price is 4.5 lacs in Delhi. I found some oxidation in the boot area. Though it can be taken care of with slight rubbing. But that tells me there have been water leakage in the boot. What do you guys think. Do the facelifted models also suffer from suspension issue and power steering rack and pump leakage and engine mount issue ?

nIk
Old 16th November 2015, 02:14   #7013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi All,

I am looking for a Civic auto for myself. I have seen a 2010 model car with 62k kms on the odo. It's a V model and is facelifted one. As per the dealer the car comes with service history and the asking price is 4.5 lacs in Delhi. I found some oxidation in the boot area. Though it can be taken care of with slight rubbing. But that tells me there have been water leakage in the boot. What do you guys think. Do the facelifted models also suffer from suspension issue and power steering rack and pump leakage and engine mount issue ?

nIk
Have the car looked at by a Honda Authorized Service Station to ascertain the general condition of the car. If it has been serviced at Honda they should have a pretty detailed history as well. They might also be able to say if the engine mount and power steering issues will crop up soon.

For e.g. I bought an 08 Civic earlier this year which had run 66K and did likewise. I learned that the previous owner had the engine mounts replaced at 40K and the current mounts looked good and should work fine in the foreseeable future.

In short, my advice is to do your due diligence and don't rush into it. Follow the How to Buy a Used Car section to the t.
Old 16th November 2015, 09:23   #7014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolvenk View Post
Have the car looked at by a Honda Authorized Service Station to ascertain the general condition of the car. If it has been serviced at Honda they should have a pretty detailed history as well. They might also be able to say if the engine mount and power steering issues will crop up soon.

For e.g. I bought an 08 Civic earlier this year which had run 66K and did likewise. I learned that the previous owner had the engine mounts replaced at 40K and the current mounts looked good and should work fine in the foreseeable future.

In short, my advice is to do your due diligence and don't rush into it. Follow the How to Buy a Used Car section to the t.
Hi coolvenk,

Could you please let me know how much time do the Honda guys will take for a complete check up. And do I need to take an appointment for that?
Old 16th November 2015, 12:04   #7015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi coolvenk,

Could you please let me know how much time do the Honda guys will take for a complete check up. And do I need to take an appointment for that?
The checkup itself should take of the order of an hour or two, not counting waiting time. It ended up being of two parts. First they mounted the car up and visually inspected it. I suggest you hang around and ask the mechanic specific questions such as the two you might mentioned. Then there is a road test, when one other mechanic will test the car and also things like if the odometer has been tampered. They have some combination of buttons they press to ascertain this. Also, he did things like check the manufacturing date of windshields to know if it has been replaced (perhaps due to an accident). Also ask to look at their database of the list of things the car has been to the service station for. They won't agree to a print out of that, but you can note things down in a notepad. Look at odo readings in each visit. Being nice and chatty to the mechanic usually reveals much more than any written report. In all, it cost about a 1000rupees -- money well spent, in my opinion. I didn't take an appointment because the ad had just come and I liked the car upon seeing it, but in theory calling and getting an appointment could lessen the waiting time.

Good luck and keep us posted !
coolvenk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 02:37   #7016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
Today, again the same thing happened. Same sound for about 2 seconds when on a left turn, this time downhill.
So what was the diagnosis ?
Old 17th November 2015, 08:26   #7017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
So what was the diagnosis ?

HASS in Goa couldn't pinpoint the issue. They were doing the guess work by suspecting ball joint and axle. Will have to get it checked here. The problem hasn't repeated yet but I'm not taking chances. This weekend, will get it diagnosed.

Also they replaced the airbags (as part of the recall) when the car was with them, without even me asking them to do so.
Old 17th November 2015, 09:41   #7018
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
In my Civic SAT, the fog lamp is not working. HASS has confirmed that it is the switch which is faulty and will cost Rs.700 to replace. I think it is quite a lot of money for just one switch .

Request inputs on how can I source it from outside (hopefully at a much lower cost).
V AT it is coaxial with the light switches, so ₹700 will be cheap!
Old 17th November 2015, 16:04   #7019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
HASS in Goa couldn't pinpoint the issue. They were doing the guess work by suspecting ball joint and axle. Will have to get it checked here. The problem hasn't repeated yet but I'm not taking chances. This weekend, will get it diagnosed.
Please check the torquing of the strut mount.
Its easy just remove the cap below the windshield near to the wiper. You'll get the screw. Re-tourque it. You'll need flower type spanner. Better to go to a workshop. Hope it will go away by that.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 10:33   #7020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Please check the torquing of the strut mount.
Its easy just remove the cap below the windshield near to the wiper. You'll get the screw. Re-tourque it. You'll need flower type spanner. Better to go to a workshop. Hope it will go away by that.
Thank you sir. Will get this checked this weekend and update

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks