Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2015, 16:42   #6856
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Finally I have USB connectivity in my 2008 civic. Ordered it from aliexpress and the parcel arrived in a month's time. Installation was a 5 minute job and it plays perfectly. I can change tracks from the head unit
Brother, did you paid in INR or USD? on the site it is showing 35 USD i.e approx 2350 rs.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd September 2015 at 13:53. Reason: Fixing quotes.
Old 21st September 2015, 10:51   #6857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I think ebay india should have but retails at 6k. You can ask from your accesories shop as well. Also there is a taiwan make i forgot the name frankly which is the one i have and a cheap chinese one as well.
I think the brand you're referring to is Scosche, you can find it on www.sonicelectronix.com , they ship to India

@ StallionAmit, I got it in July, maybe the price has been jacked up since.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-aliexpress_order.jpg  

WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 13:14   #6858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Hi All. I am having a 2007 AT Honda Civic. Frustrated without having a good music connectivity option (USB/Aux cable). I had tried FM transmitter but bad quality and quick discharging is not making it any better. Writing CDs is also not a good option.
Friends pls suggest something. I know some people have solved this problem. Kindly help me with the various range of options that i can implement along with the costs involved.
I will be grateful for your help.
Also if you could suggest a shop/garage in Kolkata who could do all these things?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
A basic audio setup would cost min 11 to 12 invluding 3500 for the dashboard trim which once fitted you can fit any kind of audio like single din or double din. Other option is and the better if you like to retain the stock look is to get a good quality aux cable. Any decent audio installer can do this for you and should cost around 4k at max.
Just this Saturday I got the Aux setup done in my Civic. took just 30 minutes and a clean install. Plugs in to my phone and plays anything that your phone can. Plays both CD and Aux. The bonus is whenever I get a call on the phone, call audio is routed through car speakers as well thus making it hands free
Paid Rs 1,500 for this, but the joy of this after such a long time is to good to value

Cheers!
1lokesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 17:07   #6859

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
Just this Saturday I got the Aux setup done in my Civic. took just 30 minutes and a clean install. Plugs in to my phone and plays anything that your phone can. Plays both CD and Aux. The bonus is whenever I get a call on the phone, call audio is routed through car speakers as well thus making it hands free
Paid Rs 1,500 for this, but the joy of this after such a long time is to good to value

Cheers!
Hey 1lokesh, that's really great,congrats. I would also like to do the same on my Civic, however I am not getting any proper aux cord, infact originally I was planning to get the 2009 upgraded model civic's center console armrest box and few other spares to give this upgrade a oem look, but that would be a costly affair and I think it would be better to just fit the aux and keep a out point in the compartment below the stereo and that should get the job done.

Could you please let me know from where you got it done? And also if the person doing it can courier the item over, please share if you have any contact details. Thanks in advance .
Old 21st September 2015, 17:49   #6860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsatpathy View Post
Hey 1lokesh, that's really great,congrats. I would also like to do the same on my Civic, however I am not getting any proper aux cord, infact originally I was planning to get the 2009 upgraded model civic's center console armrest box and few other spares to give this upgrade a oem look, but that would be a costly affair and I think it would be better to just fit the aux and keep a out point in the compartment below the stereo and that should get the job done.

Could you please let me know from where you got it done? And also if the person doing it can courier the item over, please share if you have any contact details. Thanks in advance .
Hey amitsatpathy, Got it done from Reliable radio, Mumbai. Amol is the owner and a thorough professional. He also suggested not to let in the cable through the compartment below the stereo, instead routed the cable through the glove box next to the stereo. No cuts or holes needed. So when you don't need the cable, it can be nicely tucked away in the glove box.

You can get all the details about Amol here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ur-mumbai.html

Hoe this helps. Cheers!

Last edited by 1lokesh : 21st September 2015 at 17:51.
1lokesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 17:54   #6861
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!
Dear Lokesh,
If you could put up some pictures showing the setup it will be really helpful to understand. And from where you purchased all the stuff required for this connection.
Old 21st September 2015, 18:50   #6862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
I think the brand you're referring to is Scosche, you can find it on www.sonicelectronix.com , they ship to India

@ StallionAmit, I got it in July, maybe the price has been jacked up since.
Thanks I ordered from Aliexpress for approx 2400 Rs. Lets see when it arrives, could you pls give me the no of your garage guy who did this setup, I want to understand from him, if you and himself don't mind taking a call. Could you pls share some more pictures of the setup.
Old 21st September 2015, 19:51   #6863
BHPian

Like I said earlier, it was hardly a 5 minute job. I took the car to my car decor guy and he was done in under 5 minutes. There is a socket at the back of the OE head unit where the white connector goes. The display shows CDC [ CD Changer ] when the USB is connected. To scroll between folders you have to press the CD + CD - buttons on the extreme left.
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:28   #6864
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Lokesh,
If you could put up some pictures showing the setup it will be really helpful to understand. And from where you purchased all the stuff required for this connection.
Hi Amit, I didn't click any pics during the installation, but will share how it looks like now by the evening.
Essentially, what he did was to open up the dashboard starting from the panel below steering wheel, moved up to remove the panels of RHS AC vent and then the whole panel covering the tachometer. Then it was the OHU that was pulled back a little enabling him to plug in the cable at the back of the OHU. the other end of the cable was inserted into the opening within the glove box next to the OHU (in front of the passenger seat). This end has the Aux jack which can be plugged into your phone. This wa, there was no hole or cut needed on any of the panels. The cable slides comfortably out of the glove box and can be put back in there when not needed. The cable was with Amol(Reliable Radio) only, who did the installation all by himself.
There are a lot of DIY videos on YouTube for this, but I wasn't confident of doing it myself given the messy reputation I have.
I will try to click the photos and put it up here when i get back in my car in the evening today.

Last edited by 1lokesh : 22nd September 2015 at 11:30.
1lokesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 13:37   #6865

Quote:
Hey amitsatpathy, Got it done from Reliable radio, Mumbai. Amol is the owner and a thorough professional. He also suggested not to let in the cable through the compartment below the stereo, instead routed the cable through the glove box next to the stereo. No cuts or holes needed. So when you don't need the cable, it can be nicely tucked away in the glove box.

You can get all the details about Amol here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ur-mumbai.html

Hoe this helps. Cheers!
Hi, Does anyone knows a good place in Bangalore to get the AUX job done?

Regards,
Old 22nd September 2015, 13:44   #6866
BHPian

Hi - A few months back I purchased a 2006 November Civic MT. It did not come with Aux In port, though the system was compatible. I enquired with a lot of accessories dealers in Delhi, but no one was able to help. The usual responses were - it cant be done; or the wire which connects behind the system is no longer available; or fix an FM modulator. Anyway, I finally found one small electrician in Lajpat Nagar who said he can do it for Rs. 1200 and he has done it numerous times before.

He opened the music system, did some soldering with a wire inside on the main green panel board, and got the wire right next to the cigarette lighter (from inside the dashboard of course). He made a pencil size hole where the aux female port was fixed. Using an aux cable, I plugged in the male port into it and connected the other end to my phone. It works perfectly. No requirement to fix any jack behind the music system. And trust me this guy did an absolutely neat and clean job and the way he did it, it was clear that he knew what to do. The entire thing got done in 1 hours time. No loose hanging wires anywhere. I am very happy with the set up now.
Old 22nd September 2015, 13:49   #6867
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Link the above mentioned Aux cable with a Bluetooth adapter with the 3.5 mm jack and you have yourself a wireless/Bluetooth enabled audio system, looks way more neater (the adapter can be hidden in the compartment and permanently on as well provided you can supply it with power from inside which this Amol person would sure to have a proper idea).
I have the aux port ready for me since its a 2008 but I'm sure you can do something as well.
Old 23rd September 2015, 08:06   #6868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun-t View Post
Hi, Does anyone knows a good place in Bangalore to get the AUX job done?

Regards,
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsatpathy View Post

Hi guys, kindly go through this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3745572

I have done it myself in 30 mins.
swapitude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 11:11   #6869
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Lokesh,
Hey Amit,

Here are some pics. As I mentioned, I didn't click pics while installation.

Cable routed through glove compartment:
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_0661.jpg

A closer look into the compartment
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_0663.jpg

Installed cable
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_0665.jpg
Old 23rd September 2015, 13:06   #6870
BHPian

[quote=WasavaTyres;3796870]Finally I have USB connectivity in my 2008 civic. Ordered it from aliexpress and the parcel arrived in a month's time. Installation was a 5 minute job and it plays perfectly. I can change tracks from the head unit and the sound quality is good - I'm no audiophile so not sure about nuances. To change folders, now instead of the left knob I have to use the CD +/- buttons, because when I press aux on the head unit it displays CDC (CD Changer ) As the device plugs into the CD changer socket at the rear of the head unit. It does not display track titles though.Overall a value for money product at Rs.1,800.

Question: I have ordered this device from Aliexpress, one question Does 3.5mm audio jack play from iPhone/iPod/iPad? USB as i can understand easily play.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks