Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2015, 22:47   #6721
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Thanks. Need further info. I was going through the latest service records and in it it was mentioned "SYNTHETIC ENGINE OIL (100 ML) SM 0W30.
Is it same or correct engine oil?
Yes it's the Idemitsu Engine Oil available with Honda A.S.S. If you need to only a oil change go to HASS and say you have a 'request' for a oil change. Also change oil filter as well. You need not give the car for service just to get the oil changed.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 21:46   #6722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
One question. Wanted to get Aux input done in my 2007 Civic.
Will this Aux input unit only support iPod/mp3 players etc?
Will it support USB drives? If not is there a way around to get to that?
Planning to get this done over the weekend at wagen werkz by bhpian jatinpatel.

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun-t View Post
Hi,

I have a 2006 Civic AT and have been hinting for a Aux and USB inout option to my car for a long time. A solution that doesn't involve usage of FM transmitters. Can you let me know how you got it done and from where? I am based out of Bangalore. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeTorque View Post
some of these adapters connect to external cd changer input port on HU available on international variants. Since ours comes with in-dash changer, there may not be the required port to connect these. But I may be wrong as I still havent got the courage to remove and check the rear of my HU...
It is not that difficult to get Aux-In port in your civics. Finally decided to give it a try today and i was through at the first attempt. You can control all the features (Bass, Treble, Balance, Fader, SVC).

Difficulty Level : Low
Time Taken : 30 min
Cost : 60 INR. (40/- for Aux cable and 20/- for Jumper wires)

Tools needed as follows;
  • Star Screwdriver (1 screw), Ratchet Wrench (two 8 mm Hex Bolt)

Parts needed as follows;
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-3.5mm-aux-cable.jpg
Name:  3.5mm Aux connection.png
Views: 1921
Size:  17.6 KB
  • 3.5 mm aux cable - Male to Male or Male to Female, doesn't matter as any ways we will cut one side but make sure not to cut male side.

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-jumper-cables.jpg
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-jumper-cable-connector.jpg
  • 4 Breadboard Jumper Wires - female to male or female to female, doesn't matter as any ways we will cut one side but make sure not to cut female side.

Follow civic06auxguide.pdf with lot of patience. civic06auxguide.pdf
If anyone needs help can contact me and will be happy to help. I have few spare Jumper cables to make atleast 8 Aux-In cables.
swapitude is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 14:12   #6723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Guys need advice.
Is your speedo problem sorted out now Sumeet? Now that the rainy days are gone, did you face the problem again? I've been facing something similar with my brake lights not turning off. I had to get it disconnected and running without brake lights now.
Old 4th July 2015, 14:17   #6724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Is your speedo problem sorted out now Sumeet? Now that the rainy days are gone, did you face the problem again? I've been facing something similar with my brake lights not turning off. I had to get it disconnected and running without brake lights now.
Since its dry and has not been raining for a while speedo issue has reduced. I had same issue with brake light. A switch under dashboard needs replacing and is a cheap fix nothing to worry.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 14:31   #6725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since its dry and has not been raining for a while speedo issue has reduced.

Quote:
I had same issue with brake light. A switch under dashboard needs replacing and is a cheap fix nothing to worry.
Yup, that's what I was told by the service advisor. Again, it would take atleast a week for them to procure it.
Old 7th July 2015, 10:12   #6726
BHPian

Does Civic has separate fuse for the 12v Socket? My mobile charger is not working in the given socket, rest all accessories are working perfectly. Tried testing the charger in other vehicle and it worked properly.
Old 7th July 2015, 16:07   #6727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Does Civic has separate fuse for the 12v Socket? My mobile charger is not working in the given socket, rest all accessories are working perfectly. Tried testing the charger in other vehicle and it worked properly.
not all chargers works with the socket. I have Nokia and Sony car chargers which works fine with it, but another generic (Targus brand) charger is not working. no idea why it is so
Old 13th July 2015, 23:58   #6728
BHPian

Hi BHPians.
My Honda Civic 2007 AT rear bumper was badly damaged today, right now I am in Bangalore but moving to Kolkata during this weekend (due to work transfer) could you suggest me what shall be the costs if we completely replace the back bumper, and places in Bangalore and Kolkata to get the changes done.
I will be utmost grateful
Old 14th July 2015, 10:53   #6729
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians.
My Honda Civic 2007 AT rear bumper was badly damaged today, right now I am in Bangalore but moving to Kolkata during this weekend (due to work transfer) could you suggest me what shall be the costs if we completely replace the back bumper, and places in Bangalore and Kolkata to get the changes done.
The unpainted bumpers will cost around 7000 and painting will set you back by another 6000. You can check with the nearest HASS. But availability and painting might be a problem.
varunanb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 13:11   #6730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunanb View Post
The unpainted bumpers will cost around 7000 and painting will set you back by another 6000. You can check with the nearest HASS. But availability and painting might be a problem.
Hi Varun
Thanks for the input but what about if I get it done from outside garage? What will be the cost then? Any place you know in Kolkata?
Old 14th July 2015, 19:39   #6731
BHPian

The bumper will invariably be have to be bought from a HASS unless you go hunting for a salvage dealer. The paint job of course can be done outside.
WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 20:04   #6732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
The bumper will invariably be have to be bought from a HASS unless you go hunting for a salvage dealer. The paint job of course can be done outside.
I was told at a dealer at JC Road in Bangalore it is available around 4K, I never checked it in flesh.
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 21:07   #6733
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians.

After market bumpers cost anything between 3500-5500. Painting depends on where you get it done from. I got a quote for 3k and a guarantee that the paint wont fade/chipoff and in case it does, free repainting.
kingofmyworld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 01:54   #6734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I was told at a dealer at JC Road in Bangalore it is available around 4K, I never checked it in flesh.
Dear Laluks,

Can you please give me more details? I need a rear bumper. I will try contacting this shop. Honda @SS Asked me for an insane amount for the rear bumper.
Old 15th July 2015, 10:06   #6735
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Yes, F29 rated at 15A.
This is where the accessories draw their power from.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks