Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2015, 23:59   #6796
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanvash View Post
Issue with front suspension of 2011 Civic VMT.

My civic is in Dakshin Honda workshop today and I got a call from the service advisor that front two lower arm, ball joints, rings are all gone and need to be replaced. And this should cost me 40-50K INR and this cant be covered under warranty. Need help in finding out any other local reliable workshop in Bangalore where I can get my car checked and repaired. Thanks in advance.
I was advised the same. Refused their verdict. Went to a trusty FNG. Just got the bushes replaced. Problem solved.
Old 20th August 2015, 15:21   #6797
Senior - BHPian

Any recommendations for online purchase of replacement wipers for my 2007 Civic? Can't find Bosch 26" (or is it 28" - what is the size, actually?) on Amazon at all.
Old 23rd August 2015, 07:36   #6798
BHPian

^^ I am using the 26 and 23 size of Hella dynaedge ones, does it job

Guys, I am going to service my car outside Honda for the first time. It is going to complete its 5th year.

1. 0W30 is not available outside which engine oil to go for? Or it is recommended to use 0W30 fully synth only? I am using 0W30 fully synth and very happy with it so far.

2. Do we have to service out car in Honda ASS to be eligible for extended warranty?
Old 23rd August 2015, 10:25   #6799
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0and1 View Post
1. 0W30 is not available outside which engine oil to go for? Or it is recommended to use 0W30 fully synth only? I am using 0W30 fully synth and very happy with it so far.

2. Do we have to service out car in Honda ASS to be eligible for extended warranty?
1. Get any decent oil to API-SL and you are kosher. If you want Synth then Mobil1 and many others are available. Look for xxW30 or xxW40 or even xxW50.

2. I think the answer here is Yes.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 09:34   #6800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
1. Get any decent oil to API-SL and you are kosher. If you want Synth then Mobil1 and many others are available. Look for xxW30 or xxW40 or even xxW50.

2. I think the answer here is Yes.
I've got a similar query. As of now, the only reason I get my car serviced at HASS is because of the Honda Oil. I've found it to be better than the OTC ones I've tried earlier. Anybody to contradict the same?

Secondly , I am getting a 'kat kat' noise from the right wheel when I make a turn. Axle issue?
Old 27th August 2015, 12:12   #6801
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I've got a similar query. As of now, the only reason I get my car serviced at HASS is because of the Honda Oil. I've found it to be better than the OTC ones I've tried earlier. Anybody to contradict the same?

Secondly , I am getting a 'kat kat' noise from the right wheel when I make a turn. Axle issue?

I would say, you can use any reputable oil which complies with the recommended specification from Honda. Technically that is, no idea what it means for warranty here in India.
Would be interested to learn how you determined that Honda oil is better than others. Did you take the engine apart and measure wear and tear, do oil sample analysis or similar?
What about your oil filter?
Jeroen
Old 27th August 2015, 12:20   #6802
BANNED

I had used Mobil1 in the first service. I had to talk to the Service Manager and put a note in the order slip.
Old 27th August 2015, 14:01   #6803

Hello Everyone

I'm new here but been a long-time lurker on this thread.

I own a 2007 Civic. I've recently noted that my dashboard heats up after about an hour of driving. All the buttons, dials and the dash itself gets quite hot. I don't understand what the problem is.

I took it to the Service Centre but the guys there refused to acknowledge the problem since it didn't happened during their short 10 minute "test-drive".
Old 27th August 2015, 14:10   #6804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek VS View Post
Hello Everyone

I'm new here but been a long-time lurker on this thread.

I own a 2007 Civic. I've recently noted that my dashboard heats up after about an hour of driving. All the buttons, dials and the dash itself gets quite hot. I don't understand what the problem is.

I took it to the Service Centre but the guys there refused to acknowledge the problem since it didn't happened during their short 10 minute "test-drive".
Which section of the dashboard heats up? If you are using the stereo then then it's quite normal for the unit to heat up and is not a issue.
Old 27th August 2015, 14:31   #6805

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Which section of the dashboard heats up? If you are using the stereo then then it's quite normal for the unit to heat up and is not a issue.
The entire section from the CD-loader to the Gear lever, including all the dials and buttons. I can even feel the area around my Left leg getting hot.

Getting a little warm would be fine, but the buttons & dials become hot enough to become uncomfortable to touch.

Last edited by Vivek VS : 27th August 2015 at 14:53. Reason: Spelling and better flow
Old 27th August 2015, 18:46   #6806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The entire section from the CD-loader to the Gear lever, including all the dials and buttons. I can even feel the area around my Left leg getting hot.

Getting a little warm would be fine, but the buttons & dials become hot enough to become uncomfortable to touch.
Not sure but next time you drive try not to use the CD player and see if the section remains cool.
Old 27th August 2015, 19:37   #6807
BANNED

Quote:
The entire section from the CD-loader to the Gear lever, including all the dials and buttons. I can even feel the area around my Left leg getting hot......
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Not sure but next time you drive try not to use the CD player and see if the section remains cool.
This sounds more than the CD player or the media Unit playing up. Needs to be investigated thoroughly.
Old 28th August 2015, 12:30   #6808

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post

Hi coolkurt, this seems to be axle/ driveshaft only, try having it checked on a ramp for oil and smears on the dustboot of the axle, the u joints might be in its way out.
Old 31st August 2015, 05:24   #6809
BHPian

Hi everyone. I was in the plan of getting a new Punto Evo but I lose my heart every time I see a Civic. I'm planning to go for pre-2009 as they seem cheaper which will give me a space to spend on it if something goes wrong.

I would like to know what are things that I need to look for when seeing a car?
Any Mechanic you can recommend in Chennai whom you trust so that they car can be inspected by him?
Any bhp-ians in Chennai selling their cars (would love to buy from a bhp-ian that from unknown people).
What are the common problems that occur in a Civic that's past 60k kms?
Old 31st August 2015, 08:18   #6810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
Hi everyone. I was in the plan of getting a new Punto Evo but I lose my heart every time I see a Civic. I'm planning to go for pre-2009 as they seem cheaper which will give me a space to spend on it if something goes wrong.

I would like to know what are things that I need to look for when seeing a car?
Any Mechanic you can recommend in Chennai whom you trust so that they car can be inspected by him?
Any bhp-ians in Chennai selling their cars (would love to buy from a bhp-ian that from unknown people).
What are the common problems that occur in a Civic that's past 60k kms?
You will need to check the engine mounts, power steering leakage, steering rack leakage, ac cooling coil failure, wheel bearings, suspension bushes, brake pad wear,brake disc rotors wear etc. Seems you have a budget for a new punto that woulkd mean atleast 7 lacs. For this you wil get a post 2009 model easily around 6 lacs. A 60k run car would probably need new tyres as well. Most important take car to a Honda service station and get the service history verified. Remember the Civic's odo can be tampered with.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks