Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2015, 18:31   #6646
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Guys after 1 Year of 12K KMS driving in Mumbai, following are the troubles spotted in my car by HASS after 80K service:

1. Gear Upper Mounting Broken
2. All Linkage Weak
3. Both Lower Arm Bush Cut
4. Sub-frame mount cut
5. Strg oil leak from rack & Pump
6. Engine mount weak

Other minor observations (not a major concern to me as of now):

1. W/S Tank cap missing
2. Front number plate crack
3. Wiper blade non-genuine
4. COWL panel minor damage
5. Both wiper arm cap missing
6. Interior dirty
7. COWL panel beeding missing
8. Low tone horn Not working

I am not bothered minor observations but main complaints in my car are actually a concern to me now. How do I spot the parts mentioned in Points 1,2&3 in my engine ?

Kindly assist
Old 18th June 2015, 20:35   #6647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoth001 View Post
Guys after 1 Year of 12K KMS driving in Mumbai, following are the troubles spotted in my car by HASS after 80K service:

1. Gear Upper Mounting Broken
2. All Linkage Weak
3. Both Lower Arm Bush Cut
4. Sub-frame mount cut
5. Strg oil leak from rack & Pump
6. Engine mount weak

How do I spot the parts mentioned in Points 1,2&3 in my engine ?

Kindly assist

Most of these parts can be seen visibly but you wouldn't know it if you haven't seen it before. Anyway, the amount of damage can be seen only after removing them from their places. They can be diagnosed after a drive though, going by the symptoms.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 01:20   #6648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesha View Post
Can you suggest the right place to get the steering pump repaired.. I have to refill the hydraulic fluid once a month or so.. mechanic have suggested replacement.. Can someone suggest a good place to buy one.. Thanks
I got it repaired at my trusty mechanic near kalka public school, Alaknanda for Rs 2500. Its holding good. A new pump can be bought at ghai spares, savitri Nagar or Batra auto, ashram. 30-40k.

Quote:
Hey the report says STRG OIL LEAK FROM RACK & PUMP. I assume its leaking from both parts. But is it actually possible ?
Usually it's either the rack or the pump. But in rare cases, both can develop a leak. The rack was intact but the pump had a minor leak.
Old 19th June 2015, 01:25   #6649

Quote:
I had a similar problem, however above 95 KMPH speed. Wheel alignment was done and the problem was resolved. You may want to try it.

Also, does your steering vibrate when you start your car in the morning ? If it does then have your engine mounts checked.

Let me know if you have any further queries.
The car recently came back from servicing from Arya Honda and wheel alignment was done. The problem was initially minimal but has come back .
About the engine mounting i have been told i will have to change it in the her future . Any idea how much it would cost?
Old 19th June 2015, 14:03   #6650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthkhatau View Post
The car recently came back from servicing from Arya Honda and wheel alignment was done. The problem was initially minimal but has come back .
About the engine mounting i have been told i will have to change it in the her future . Any idea how much it would cost?
At Honda it will cost you around 10k while non OE after market around 5k. I had bough a non OE and it went kaput in 2 months. The Hass mount seems to be holding up bought in feb but i can see that the gap between the two edges of the mount has reduced. Hass will offer 6 months warranty. Take your pick. If you are lucky the after market could be the way to go if it holds up well.
Old 19th June 2015, 18:57   #6651
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Check for clutch fluid. If it's low top it up, pump the clutch pedal and check again. It's a hydraulic clutch and the slave and master cylinder could fail. If the the car has not done close to say 80-90k kms don't allow Hass to overhaul the clutch. Chances are the cylinders need to be looked into and not a clutch overhaul which the Hass could push for.
ASS replaced the master cylinder and issue fixed. It cost Rs 9k+. But they say clutch is hard, and want to replace clutch-plate-assembly. It cost Rs 15k+.

My car has done only 45K and mostly driven by me with optimum usage of clutch. So does it sound reasonable to replace clutch.. I feel they are trying to cash...
Old 19th June 2015, 21:25   #6652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
ASS replaced the master cylinder and issue fixed. It cost Rs 9k+. But they say clutch is hard, and want to replace clutch-plate-assembly. It cost Rs 15k+.

My car has done only 45K and mostly driven by me with optimum usage of clutch. So does it sound reasonable to replace clutch.. I feel they are trying to cash...
Let the clutch be hard. At 45k you have probably used just half the clutch life unless you use the clutch as a footrest. A new Hass advisor also told me same when i had given my car to service last month. And my clutch was overhauled in December. If you are not having any issues with gear changing and are not facing any more issue with the clutch pedal then do not allow them to touch the clutch plate etc.
Old 20th June 2015, 08:35   #6653
Senior - BHPian

@swageo

As sumeeth said, I doubt that you've exhausted the clutch's life at 45k, unless you're a really aggressive driver.

If its still bothering you, I'd suggest buying a daikin exedy clutch set, costs around 4k and getting it replaced at a local FNG. You'll get the job done in about 5-6k.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 08:40   #6654
BANNED

Quote:
Let the clutch be hard. At 45k you have probably used just half the clutch life unless you use the clutch as a footrest. A new Hass advisor also told me same when i had given my car to service last month. And my clutch was overhauled in December. If you are not having any issues with gear changing and are not facing any more issue with the clutch pedal then do not allow them to touch the clutch plate etc.
Should slave cylinder also be replaced, if master is being replaced ?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
@swageo

As sumeeth said, I doubt that you've exhausted the clutch's life at 45k, unless you're a really aggressive driver.

If its still bothering you, I'd suggest buying a daikin exedy clutch set, costs around 4k and getting it replaced at a local FNG. You'll get the job done in about 5-6k.
Yes, I need to find a good place to source in Bangalore..
Old 20th June 2015, 08:56   #6655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Thanks Guys! So just checked my car..the entire top console is dead (Fuel+Temp+Speedo) . Hence its gotta be something to do with the electricals. Ill start by disconnecting the battery as suggested by Sumeeth. If that dosent work its gotta be the fuse there.
Hi was your issue resolved? My speedo has started to act up as well. Will be calling in the battery guy to do the connect disconnect thing.

@swageo my cars both master and slave were replaced but if Honda did not change your cars it mostly means its not needed. My total bill came to 15k for both.
Old 20th June 2015, 10:35   #6656
BANNED

Further on my fuse saga. I got the 15A fuse from Pushp Honda in Kanpur. Paid all of ₹21. I paid 150 to Pearl Honda Gurgaon, for a 20A fuse, which included 50 for installation (God knows where). Also, the sticker price for the 20A fuse at Gurgaon was 80+. I see the Pushp Honda fuse is packed only on 3/6/15. What is going on?
Old 20th June 2015, 12:14   #6657
BHPian

Does the remote locking on Civic has audible alarm for lock/unlock ? Mine doesnt have one.
Old 20th June 2015, 19:12   #6658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi was your issue resolved? My speedo has started to act up as well. Will be calling in the battery guy to do the connect disconnect thing.

@swageo my cars both master and slave were replaced but if Honda did not change your cars it mostly means its not needed. My total bill came to 15k for both.

Here are a couple of pics of the speedo issue. I tried to connect and disconnect the battery but it's of no use. Could it be moisture, water etc since it's been raining heavily for the last 2 days. Also shutting and opening the passenger side front door also makes the speedo to come on off but it still stays on. Any idea what the issue could be ? Is there a separate fuse just for the speedo section.

Thanks all.

Remove the key and it remains like this.

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20150620_092301.jpg

Arm the security of the car ie lock the car and the display remains like this.

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20150620_091603.jpg
Old 21st June 2015, 08:28   #6659
Senior - BHPian

Apart from the speedo playing hide and seek with me i am having another issue.

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20150621_080740.jpg

The passenger side is collecting water. The drainage underneath was checked last year when it had a similar issue and was found to be clear. Checked at the windshield but could not find any wetness. Any ideas on my miseries anyone ?
Old 21st June 2015, 17:23   #6660
BHPian

Quote:
Apart from the speedo playing hide and seek with me i am having another issue.

Attachment 1384273

The passenger side is collecting water. The drainage underneath was checked last year when it had a similar issue and was found to be clear. Checked at the windshield but could not find any wetness. Any ideas on my miseries anyone ?
Same was the case 2 days ago with my civic. so i placed few tissues everywhere to find out where is it leaking from. Found out next day that water was seeping in through the left door from the top. Thought of replacing the door beading. When went to a local mechanic he said no need to replace the beading as he found out that beading was not sealing the gap due to misalignment. He just corrected it and i placed few tissues everywhere to check and found no wet tissues. This might help you to at least check from where the water is seeping in.
swapitude is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks