Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2015, 12:25   #6616
BANNED

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Honda discontinued the Civic because of diesel cutting into petrol. That problem is now a lot less.
By all account Accord is coming back with a Diesel option. Civic is still an open question. I bought my Civic in preference to the Altis and have no regrets.
Old 5th June 2015, 13:03   #6617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Why do you ant to change the entire blade ? Any damage to it ?
I got the rubber's on my Pre owned car changed few months ago and HASS charged me Rs.200 odd for the rubber + labour.
This is unbelievable. Which HASS is this and what brand of blades did they use ? I paid 8 times of what you have quoted for the same thing more than 2 years ago.
Old 5th June 2015, 13:13   #6618
BHPian

This sound I think is attributed to 2 things , one is if the front strut springs have excess tension or if any pads have been added to the front suspension setup.
WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 00:37   #6619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
When I gave my Civic SAT (done 32000 kms) for servicing to Honda A** couple of weeks back, I asked the SA to check on the clunking noise from the right front suspension / steering side (I have been getting if I hit a bump while turning right) for the last 1 year. One of the workshop mechanics took the car for a test drive and said the noise is coming from rack and pinion and replacing it will be only a short term solution and the noise is likely to come back.

While I didn't understand why the noise will come back if the part is replaced and if the diagnosis is right, I didn't push it further.

Let me know if any of the fellow Civic owners have faced a similar problems and if any body has had the rack and pinion assembly replaced (along with how much it costed).

Hi buddy,

I am facing a similar clunking noise from the right side especially when it goes over a pot hole or while taking a left turn and the car hits a un-even surface. Hass was not able to diagnose anything. What about your car? Was the issue resolved? I had a mount changed and the suspension overhaul done in December last year.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 6th June 2015 at 00:38.
Old 6th June 2015, 19:29   #6620

Hi guys,

I have a 2008 Civic AT . The steering wheel shakes / vibrates when i break at speeds upwards of 60 km/hr What do you think the problem could be?
It would be great if you'll could help me out as I'm giving the car for servicing soon.

Thanks.
Old 6th June 2015, 20:47   #6621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthkhatau View Post
Hi guys,

I have a 2008 Civic AT . The steering wheel shakes / vibrates when i break at speeds upwards of 60 km/hr What do you think the problem could be?
It would be great if you'll could help me out as I'm giving the car for servicing soon.

Thanks.
This is a common problem with the civic. You most probably need to skim or replace your front discs and or replace brake pads. At Hass it will go north of 10k if discs and brakes are replaced.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2015, 20:13   #6622
BANNED

Lousy experience with Pearl Honda (Kapsons) Gurgaon. We went looking for a replacement 15A fuse. Not in stock. I was offered a 20A instead. Went for it and then the fellow wanted to bill to a car which has been service by them. In other terms a walk in is not welcome. We decided to put it on my son;s City. Even though the sticker price is ₹95 we were billed ~₹150. Installation charges were added. What for I do not know. Only one spare in stock!!

The rule against stopping counter sales can go to dogs. The attitude, My way or the highway. I was able to get the 15A at Heritage Honda Gwalior over four years ago.

If Honda gets a few more like these crooks they can forget market image.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 14:13   #6623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi buddy,

I am facing a similar clunking noise from the right side especially when it goes over a pot hole or while taking a left turn and the car hits a un-even surface. Hass was not able to diagnose anything. What about your car? Was the issue resolved? I had a mount changed and the suspension overhaul done in December last year.
The clunking in my car hasn't gone away. Somewhere I read that coil spring adjuster (which I had got inserted both in the front and rear springs) may cause this. To see if that is true, I have got the adjusters removed from the front springs. Will need to monitor and see if that improves things.

By the way, do you have the adjusters installed in your front springs?
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 14:21   #6624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
The clunking in my car hasn't gone away. Somewhere I read that coil spring adjuster (which I had got inserted both in the front and rear springs) may cause this. To see if that is true, I have got the adjusters removed from the front springs. Will need to monitor and see if that improves things.

By the way, do you have the adjusters installed in your front springs?
I only have it at the rear since my car has a CNG. I think it's not recommended to have it on all fours since the front end doesn't bounce around like the rear does at cornering etc.

Let us know how it goes after the removal.

Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 20:00   #6625
BHPian

I recently gave my Honda Civic 2007 Dec model, purchased used at 70K Kms in April'15.
During the service the HASS gave me the following recommendations (they asked me during the service but i didn't give the go ahead since they were asking too much close to 30 to 40k for the following):
1) Rat Entry (Dashboard N/DS O/H)
2) Hood Insulator N/DS to RPL
3) Underchassis & Silencer Minor impact N/DS Attn
4) FR Both Fender Lining Lightly cut
5) Blower plate AssyN/DS to RPL
6) FR Both Link N/DS RPL

I would seek some guidance on whether these are a serious concern and which ones? and also what are the alternatives to get them corrected if not from HASS or if from HASS then what is the cost estimate.?
I will be grateful for the replies.
Old 12th June 2015, 01:33   #6626
BHPian

I am planning to have my 2007 civic's seat cover replaced. Look forward to recommendations on where in Hyderabad I can get it done with top notch quality.
Old 12th June 2015, 13:10   #6627
BHPian

To everyone who had queries about the wiper blade replacement, here are a few images. The image of blades I'm posting is for ref only as I've trashed the packing that was returned with the worn out old blades from the HASS.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-wiper-3.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-wiper-1.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-wiper-2.jpg  

Old 12th June 2015, 14:43   #6628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Why do you ant to change the entire blade ? Any damage to it ?
I got the rubber's on my Pre owned car changed few months ago and HASS charged me Rs.200 odd for the rubber + labour.
WasavaTyres thanks for pics. Can you confirm if the rubber inserts were 200Rs and not 1200 rs ? Because today I called HASS and they quoted 1200rs for the set .

Last edited by black12rr : 12th June 2015 at 14:52.
Old 12th June 2015, 18:11   #6629
BHPian

I picked up my set in Feb 2015 and it was a June 2014 import, i remember the price very clearly as they'd returned the old worn out blades in the same packing. And I was pleasantly surprised that a part belonging to civic was under Rs.200. Even I expected it to be above 700/800.
Old 12th June 2015, 22:37   #6630
BHPian

Rubber inserts (set) is 1200 at HASS. I thought it was the entire wiper blade set when they quoted this figure, but came to know it was only the rubber replacement

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks