Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2015, 21:45   #6706
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Anyone has done USB option for earlier model of Civic ? Would love to have this feature if it's charged reasonably. I got a quote of 4.5k for the setup. Obviously it didn't justify the cost. Any inputs ?
Hey i'd rather go for the USB-reader cum player device. Check online and you should find it pretty affordable. You can insert it directly into the charging socket and play songs at same time.

Check this: http://www.amazon.in/Alria-Player-Tr...player+for+car

I dont recommend to mess the interiors. Just a suggestion tho.
Old 27th June 2015, 01:07   #6707
BHPian

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-C...358508354.html

You can order this from aliexpress. The installation is pretty simple - just plug and play. No need to mess with the wiring

Last edited by Pashin : 27th June 2015 at 01:13.
Old 27th June 2015, 11:07   #6708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Anyone has done USB option for earlier model of Civic ? Would love to have this feature if it's charged reasonably. I got a quote of 4.5k for the setup. Obviously it didn't justify the cost. Any inputs ?

I had the same requirement couple of years back. Could not find a solution to add USB port. Since I also badly needed a DVD player I had replaced the complete set with a pioneer HU, added aux and usb and routed them through the centre console.

However adapters are available as above and can be used with the original audio system in civic. I came to know about this only recently.
Old 27th June 2015, 11:10   #6709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pashin View Post
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-C...358508354.html

You can order this from aliexpress. The installation is pretty simple - just plug and play. No need to mess with the wiring
some of these adapters connect to external cd changer input port on HU available on international variants. Since ours comes with in-dash changer, there may not be the required port to connect these. But I may be wrong as I still havent got the courage to remove and check the rear of my HU...
Old 27th June 2015, 12:03   #6710
Senior - BHPian

Here are a couple of pics of the oe head unit rear if anyone needs.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-1435386752612.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-1435386771951.jpg  

sumeethaldankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 14:37   #6711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Got the spare part price for the speedo from Honda. 11.5 k for the top cluster plus 900 for labour. There is a 5 day wait and i have to pay 50% upfront if it's determined that the speedo has to determined. Meanwhile bhpian devensoft confirmed if the speedo is kept disconnected the check engine light will remain on. I am hoping the issue is resolved without having to replace the cluster but with my kind of luck i am quite sure i am heading at another 13k drain on my wallet.
Guys need advice. Had given the car to Hass yesterday for diagnosis they said the speedo needs to be changed. My Hass adviser who for a change is decent person said that i can carry on with it and let it be as long as it runs instead of spending a bomb on it. I am only concerned about battery drain. The speedo remains on and it must be using some amount of current.

For repair i have been quoted 5 to 6k and no gurantee but this was much earlier when the speedo would not come on at all.So shall i pay 13k to save a 5k battery or not is what is bugging me.
Old 27th June 2015, 15:44   #6712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeTorque View Post
some of these adapters connect to external cd changer input port on HU available on international variants. Since ours comes with in-dash changer, there may not be the required port to connect these. But I may be wrong as I still havent got the courage to remove and check the rear of my HU...
This fits Civic & Accord models in India. I've got one in my 2007 civic. A good installer will just open the plastic flap near the cigarette lighter and plug it in.

Cheers!
Old 28th June 2015, 08:08   #6713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys need advice. Had given the car to Hass yesterday for diagnosis they said the speedo needs to be changed. My Hass adviser who for a change is decent person said that i can carry on with it and let it be as long as it runs instead of spending a bomb on it. I am only concerned about battery drain. The speedo remains on and it must be using some amount of current.

For repair i have been quoted 5 to 6k and no gurantee but this was much earlier when the speedo would not come on at all.So shall i pay 13k to save a 5k battery or not is what is bugging me.
A dry day on Saturday with more then 24 hours of non wet conditions and the speedo issue seems to have disappeared on it's own. Let's see what happens later once it rains again. The display is back to normal with the backlight off and the red signal blinking intermittently.
Old 29th June 2015, 14:58   #6714
BHPian

Got following work done this weekend from bhpian jatinpatel's WagenWerkz:

All figures in INR

Parts:
Lower arm ball joint: 3,800
Lower arm bushing: 2,800
Stabilizer link set: 3,100
Engine Mounting: 9,500 (I'm told this is the latest version that honda has released and supposed to be much better than its predecessors)

Oil Filter: 450
Air Filter: 510
Engine Oil: 2,900 (Mobil 5w 30)

Parts Total: 23,060

Labour:
General Service with Checking: 950
Tune up with throttle body and spark plug cleaning: 1,200 (throttle body was choked badly, as I was told and as much I guessed due to uncomfortable drive)
Lower suspension overhaul: 2,400
Engine Mount replacement: 750

Labour total: 5,300

Grand Total (read dent on pocket): 28,000 (after a discount of Rs 300 )

Pending work scheduled for coming week since the car needs to be with him for at least 2 days:

1. Steering rack and tie rods
2. minor dents and paint
3. Bumper work (some lose or broken screws because of which front and back bumpers are misaligned)
4. rear door (behind driver) alignment with body - currently it looks like that its a bit out of the whole body line
5. Aux input

No idea how much this will cost.

However, the ride after this weekend's work has smoothened a lot, but still not perfect. There is minor knocking at low RPMs, especially from 1st to 2nd gear. Little bit of shuddering and occasional noise from front when wheels hit a bump (steering rack and tie rod, i guess)

Worthy to note that 6 months back, I had got some major work done from jatin only which covered clutch set with release bearings and with master and slave cylinders, front shocks replacements, headlight relays, bulbs and socket. The dent on pocket at that time was Rs 44,000

Overall, a bit expensive (though lesser than HASS) but then quality seems to be good. barring the clutch work given that everything except the flywheel. Incidentally, Jatin called me up and said that clutch is going weak, given the hardness it has. Now I reminded him that its been only 6 months that we have replaced everything and then he told me that its all ok. I'm a bit worried for the clutch as of now since today again he mentioned that cylinders might have the problem, but they were replaced too last time!

Anyways, Will ask him to check it thoroughly coming weekend to iron out the clutch issue.

Last edited by 1lokesh : 29th June 2015 at 15:08. Reason: Typos
1lokesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 11:20   #6715

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
Got following work done this weekend from bhpian jatinpatel's WagenWerkz:

All figures in INR

Parts:
Lower arm ball joint: 3,800
Lower arm bushing: 2,800
Stabilizer link set: 3,100
Engine Mounting: 9,500 (I'm told this is the latest version that honda has released and supposed to be much better than its predecessors)

Oil Filter: 450
Air Filter: 510
Engine Oil: 2,900 (Mobil 5w 30)

Parts Total: 23,060

Labour:
General Service with Checking: 950
Tune up with throttle body and spark plug cleaning: 1,200 (throttle body was choked badly, as I was told and as much I guessed due to uncomfortable drive)
Lower suspension overhaul: 2,400
Engine Mount replacement: 750
Hi Lokesh, can you please update on the brand of the items you replaced.

Had changed the lower arm bushings at Hass and they charged me approx Rs. 350 per lower arm bushing.
I think and Oil filter price is also on the lower side, I will check the service job sheet and confirm back on these 2 above..

Also I have installed lower arm ball joints of TRW make sourced from spareshub @ Rs 1383 per ball joint.

Regarding the labour cost, I feel its more or less the same as Hass.
Old 1st July 2015, 16:11   #6716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsatpathy View Post
Hi Lokesh, can you please update on the brand of the items you replaced.

Had changed the lower arm bushings at Hass and they charged me approx Rs. 350 per lower arm bushing.
I think and Oil filter price is also on the lower side, I will check the service job sheet and confirm back on these 2 above..

Also I have installed lower arm ball joints of TRW make sourced from spareshub @ Rs 1383 per ball joint.

Regarding the labour cost, I feel its more or less the same as Hass.
Hi Amit,

These are all Honda genuine parts, as told to me by bhpian jatinpatel who owns this place (Wagenwerkz)

Just confirmed with one of the HASS here in Mumbai. They charge Rs 700/- for each lower arm bushing. I'm told there are 2 in each side and hence 2x2x700 = Rs 2,800. In that way this place is at par with HASS.

Also found out that ball joints for which I was charged @ Rs 3,800 is available at HASS for Rs 3,510 - So costlier than HASS. I couldn't believe this. For this jatin had to say "some things, like this and honda logo are costlier in open market compared to HASS" (sic).

The car is due for steering rack repairs and other jobs this weekend. I'm sure that charges will be more or less what HASS offers and this has confused me now...

Last edited by 1lokesh : 1st July 2015 at 16:12. Reason: typo correction
1lokesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 16:28   #6717
BHPian

I gave my 2007 V AT to a competent garage for Suspension overhaul and power steering leak problem alongwith other usual culprits like Engine mount (9k), door beadings etc. On a general estimate they've given, what I found was some parts are actually costlier outside HASS. So if we are replacing a lot of stuffs, then price evens out.

In my case there isnt much difference between total cost for Suspension overhaul estimated by HASS and other competent garage because while some parts like lower arm,tie rod ends,shocks etc. are cheaper outside; others like bushes, mounts, ball joints etc. are actually cheaper at HASS. Only thing that matters in my case is that I have to repair power steering leak problem too and HASS only offers entire assembly replacement for 80k+labour while other garage offers repair solution for around 10k. Labour charges are a bit less than HASS too. So I did whats best for my pocket

p.s. I will update the exact prices and other charges incurred after I get the car back, so that you guys can compare if its pocket-friendly..
Old 2nd July 2015, 21:16   #6718
BHPian

Fellow BHPians, could you pls help me what is the best synthetic engine oil for Honda Civic AT 2007 Dec model. I am planning a 2000+ Km drive for my relocation and hence need this info.
Old 2nd July 2015, 22:10   #6719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Fellow BHPians, could you pls help me what is the best synthetic engine oil for Honda Civic AT 2007 Dec model. I am planning a 2000+ Km drive for my relocation and hence need this info.
Honda's own synthetic oil is the best oil for the car. Next Shell Helix Ultra 5w 40 is good too.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 22:25   #6720
BHPian

Quote:
Honda's own synthetic oil is the best oil for the car. Next Shell Helix Ultra 5w 40 is good too.
Thanks. Need further info. I was going through the latest service records and in it it was mentioned "SYNTHETIC ENGINE OIL (100 ML) SM 0W30.
Is it same or correct engine oil?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks