Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2014, 14:39   #5206
BANNED

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
It is always recommended to keep a backup of the SD card contents. In any case, check with the HASS folks first and then with the MMI folks if they can replace a stolen/lost card. Other cheaper options such as Satguide are not as good as MMI in terms of map accuracy and coverage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I keep a backup of MMI maps and it works perfectly. In fact I have copied the files to a bigger SD card and is using that card along with other Garmin maps for my US and Europe trips.
One more point make sure the maps are specific to the MMI interface.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 23:10   #5207
Senior - BHPian

A truck rammed into the back of my civic yest. The boot lid is deformed, paint has been chipped at a few places and one of the lights is broken.

I can go for an insurance claim but that's a slightly lengthy affair and I don't want to lose my no claim bonus as well. Recommend any good garages in delhi/NCR who specifically deal with denting/ painting? Any idea how much the entire boot lid would cost at the A.S.S?
Old 4th January 2014, 10:59   #5208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
This is an experiment under progress with Ceramic pads. Its a complete DIY, as if you know the concept of changing the pads, they are very easy to DIY. Since I don't have any long distance runs for sometime, I am getting the experiments done. I will update if the experiment yields results.

I go to my FNG, and does the stuff myself. I visit them for the easy access of tools and the ramp
Now that I have completed 3000KMs with the new pads, Initial 1000KMS in city driving and the rest 2000KM on highways, at some good speeds and related braking needs, with drives of 700+ KMs in a stretch, twice, the results can be shared. These conditions have taken the tests on the pads as required in almost all possible scenarios that the pads are supposed to work.

The results are positive, and I see no major differences between the OEM pads and the ones I experimented as on date.

But there are a few observations

1. During Installation, the pads locking edges had to be filed a little for easy sliding for the pads placement
2. The discs are slightly hotter than before, attribute that to the ceramic compound and more friction considering the OEM pads were metallic type.
3. The wear of the pads seems at this point similar to the OEM pads, but a lot of brake dust is generated pointing that the pads are wearing more in relation to the discs.

About the pads,

The pads were made by a company called TNG. Had read some reviews with mixed opinions before installation. So idea was to experiment in city before concluding that they could be used in high speed drives on the highways. The city experiments for 1000Kms over a span of 1 month gave me enough confidence to take it to highway drives.

The front pads MRP was Rs 1050, finally obtained for Rs 900.

A few pictures

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_0772edit.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_0774edit.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_0775edit.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_0777edit.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_0778edit.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_0780edit.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_0782edit.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_0784edit.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_0785edit.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_0786edit.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_0788edit.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_0796edit.jpg

Result - I am happy with the performance till now. The pad change was a complete DIY.

Note: Let us not get into debates on costs vs safety, as enough precautions and experiments/trials and experience were considered before this post
laluks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 20:05   #5209
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys,

I have bought this FM thingy through which i can play the usb device on my Civic's FM radio.What i wanted to know if kept this thing plugged in the lighter would it drain the battery or cause any issues with fuse etc ? The display switches off whenever i turn the car switch off.

As of now i remove it whenever i park the car. The sound quality is decent though

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_0132.jpg

Thanks
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 20:17   #5210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hello guys,

I have bought this FM thingy through which i can play the usb device on my Civic's FM radio.What i wanted to know if kept this thing plugged in the lighter would it drain the battery or cause any issues with fuse etc ? The display switches off whenever i turn the car switch off.

As of now i remove it whenever i park the car. The sound quality is decent though

Thanks
When you turn the key to lock position, power is no longer supplied for cigarette lighter or radio. So it should be fine to leave it there unless it still gets power even when key is not inserted.

Regards,
Sriharsha
srsriharsha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 20:35   #5211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hello guys,

Attachment 1186646

Thanks
Hello Sumeet,

Looking for a similar thing.

Can you share your review please.
Old 4th January 2014, 21:24   #5212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hello Sumeet,

Looking for a similar thing.

Can you share your review please.
The device is branded as panasound.It works on a set fm station and the sound quality is decent but radio like.Cost 800 bucks and comes with a remote.You can change folders,set equaliser but it cannot seem to shuffle through songs.If u touch it accidently it would reset etc.Its good vfm though.
Old 5th January 2014, 12:16   #5213
BHPian

Does anyone know where i can get the dashboard trim for civic in Cochin or Bangalore? In fact any place is fine if they are open to ship it. I am thinking of installing a touch screen audio system, but unable to find the dashboard trim in TVM.

Thanks,
Manoj
Old 5th January 2014, 23:41   #5214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
A truck rammed into the back of my civic yest. The boot lid is deformed, paint has been chipped at a few places and one of the lights is broken.

I can go for an insurance claim but that's a slightly lengthy affair and I don't want to lose my no claim bonus as well. Recommend any good garages in delhi/NCR who specifically deal with denting/ computerised paint matching? Any idea how much the entire boot lid would cost at the A.S.S?
can anyone help me with this?
Old 6th January 2014, 11:37   #5215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
can anyone help me with this?
Hi,

Same thing happened to me some time back. I took it to the ASS, who got the boot lid replaced. The 3 things to look out for
- The boot lid itself
- The lock : Can it be salvaged?
- Emblems : Can they be re-used.

I had to pay around 8K inr after insurance (Reused the lock but changed the emblems as they were unable to stick them back properly)

Recently, i had to to get my rear door repaired. I went to a roadside shop in Gurgaon.
Please read my review here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...i-gurgaon.html

After comparing the roadside job vs ASS, i came to realize that the roadside job was much superior. The paint was smoother, the gloss was more and deeper. The ASS paint felt much rougher, the pearl was less too.
It should cost you max 3-4 K here.

Rgds
VineetG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 12:37   #5216
BHPian

Quote:
About the pads,

The pads were made by a company called TNG.
==============
The front pads MRP was Rs 1050, finally obtained for Rs 900.
Hi, can you let me know the place where we can source this in bangalore ?
Old 6th January 2014, 13:40   #5217
BHPian

Does anyone knows about the after market window glass winder for civic. The original one at HONDA is being priced for 11k ( This is what I've heard ). Now for winder I suppose this is too much. Any one who has replaced the winder and confirm. My front left winder has gone weak and needs a replacement, was thinking if I can get some thing at a cheaper price.
Old 6th January 2014, 13:55   #5218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi22 View Post
Hi, can you let me know the place where we can source this in bangalore ?
Check JC road, you should be able to source it from there.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 02:38   #5219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I found yesterday that the SD card with navigation software from the Map My India In-dash AVN system (in my Honda Civic) has been taken out (stolen ) by somebody. Most likely it happened on 24-Dec when I had given my Car for servicing to HASS.

Now, the Navigator will not work unless I buy the SD card with pre-loaded software from Map My India which costs Rs 7000. My question is, do we have any other cheaper option?

Will appreciate quick inputs.
Hello , I am also using a MMI In Dash AVN in my Beat. If you want i can copy contents in CD and courier it to you . I hope that should work and save some useless money being spent.

Last edited by petroheadd : 8th January 2014 at 02:42.
petroheadd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 11:20   #5220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsoftech View Post
...Waiting for arrival in my virtual address. PPOBOX will send me intimation after it arrives and will revert with an online payment link that takes care of shipping to India and clearing the customs. That price is unknown to me. Will update once it arrives in India. [/SIZE][/FONT]
Quote:
ICC world is the one I guess who sends to India for ebay GlobalEasyBuy. My experience is that shipping plus customs almost will be near to the billed amount, atleast that was what used to happen in ebay purchases through them. Once they get in their hand, they'll send immediately and I used to recieve in about 10 days time including customs. After customs it comes to you via Bluedart. You can track the shipment all the way.

I hope we both are referring to the same ICCworld
Yes Laluks, it got dispatched locally via bludart. The shipping+customs+insurance was 8922. So, the total deal was close to 21,000 (IMO, which is slightly overpriced compared to Indian part prices - will visit HSS soon and share the deviation). What I liked is the fact that I did not even have to face the honda service engineers and take their logic of waiting for parts and bear the labour cost for dismantling the dashboard just for the lens installs. I did everything by myself - took just 30 mins and my speedo and instrumentation lenses are now feeling like brand new. I need help with installing the RHS outside rear view mirror, any pointers will be welcome - need to slip in the glass. The very feel that some of my parts are from amreeka gives me a high

Jokes apart, I'm on a mission to activate cruise control. Read a blog on pakwheels, some of the things might not be relevant.

I'm attaching pics of my purchases. The centre rear view mirror is a beautiful one but unfortunately, it does not fix on the grooves on Indian CIVIC. That's one useless purchase done by me.

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_7425.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_7426.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_7428.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_7429.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_7430.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_7431.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_7432.jpg

Bless me for the cruise control DIY and any pointers, links or contacts (in Bangalore), will be highly appreciated.
devsoftech is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks