Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2014, 12:36   #5281
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
Answers to your problems

Problem no.2- check brake pads at front and at back and when you get the brake pads replaced get the discs skimmed hence you wont get vibrations when you do heavy braking. Vibrations occur due to brake disc have "run-out".

problem.no3- Your serpentine belt or worst case the belt tensioner is on its way out if any of the above goes kaput you loose power steering, alternator, and Ac basically car has a breakdown.

problem no4- Looks more to be a work out strut mount and if the car touches on front left only then its shocks also which are short solution is replacement and nothing else.

Problem no5- Power steering being heavy can be due to combination of problem no3 and 4 or its that the Pump or rack have oil pressure loss in them.
observe your power steering oil levels.

Regards
Jatin.Patel
Thank you for your response.

Do you recommend getting all this work done through Honda?
Old 4th February 2014, 15:36   #5282
BHPian

*BUMP*

Guys, any ideas as to what lead to the panel gap as described in post #5274?
Old 4th February 2014, 16:52   #5283
BHPian

I have started getting a rattling sound from my Honda Civic dash. It seems to be coming somewhere from my left - either from the Map My India AVN console or the glove box. the rattling sound goes like gud, gud, a bit muted but quite irritating. Again it seems to be happening only on irregular surfaces.

While I plan to get the Map My India AVN console and the Glove Box opened and re-fitted, it will be great to know if others have had a similar problem.

On another note, my Civic had settled down to a mileage of 8.3 - 8.5 km/litre. This time I changed the Petrol Pump to CoCo one in Hitech City and I got a mileage of 9.1 km/litre.
Old 4th February 2014, 21:29   #5284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaderBalooch View Post
Thank you for your response.

Do you recommend getting all this work done through Honda?
Go to a trusted independent garage for all the work. Maybe serpentine belt you could get it done at Honda (I would recommend Linkway andheri, stay away from solitaire) as the original may not be available outside.For rest look up team bhp directory.

Jatin Patel himself runs a decent workshop you contact him directly or Nakita Motors from Bandra (Joe Pereiera) could assist you in same. The latter is however a small set up. Both are reliable though and won't con you.Take your pick.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 4th February 2014 at 21:31.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 22:32   #5285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Go to a trusted independent garage for all the work. Maybe serpentine belt you could get it done at Honda (I would recommend Linkway andheri, stay away from solitaire) as the original may not be available outside.For rest look up team bhp directory.

Jatin Patel himself runs a decent workshop you contact him directly or Nakita Motors from Bandra (Joe Pereiera) could assist you in same. The latter is however a small set up. Both are reliable though and won't con you.Take your pick.
100 % agree with Solitaire. I had a bad experience with one of the customer service people at Andheri. He fought with me regarding an RPM issue I had with the car. He said it was normal for the car's RPM to fluctuate much after the car had warmed up and had been running. Only after an engineer had a look at the car did he suggest a throttle body cleaning which solved the problem. Also, the quote for an engine mount change was much cheaper at Linkway. Wonder why!
Old 7th February 2014, 00:54   #5286
BHPian

Cause labour rates at linkway honda are lesser than solitaire

Having civic myself went to solitaire once to fix V logo on my car these dimwits flipped my civic logo and after much fighting n showing them pictures of my car before it entered the workshop did they agreed the stealing and gave me a new one and add to that ruined my IND no plates by placing that stupid sticker whose marks are still there on the plate.

For getting the work done your most welcome.

Regards
Jatin
Old 10th February 2014, 17:58   #5287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Which Power Steering Fluid is used in Civic? My car Power steering fluid is little low than the max but still above than the low mark.Due to this there is small whining noise coming uphill.
Any more answers to this? I am also facing the same issue.

Exact specific brand/specification please which I can buy from a car spare parts shop.

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 10th February 2014 at 18:04.
Old 11th February 2014, 17:31   #5288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Which Power Steering Fluid is used in Civic? My car Power steering fluid is little low than the max but still above than the low mark.Due to this there is small whining noise coming uphill. As discussed earlier this is related to the fluid level of power steering. I don't want to Honda just to top few ml of it hence wanted to know which fluid should i buy from local market?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Any more answers to this? I am also facing the same issue.

Exact specific brand/specification please which I can buy from a car spare parts shop.
This is the fluid specification described in the users manual. Hope it helps.
Quote:
Always use Honda Power Steering Fluid.
You may use another power steering fluid as an emergency replacement, but have the power steering system flushed and refilled with Honda PSF as soon as possible.

Power Steering Fluid:
Honda Power Steering Fluid preferred, or another brand of power steering fluid as a temporary replacement. Do not use ATF.
Old 13th February 2014, 12:56   #5289
BHPian

Quote:
Cause labour rates at linkway honda are lesser than solitaire

Having civic myself went to solitaire once to fix V logo on my car these dimwits flipped my civic logo and after much fighting n showing them pictures of my car before it entered the workshop did they agreed the stealing and gave me a new one and add to that ruined my IND no plates by placing that stupid sticker whose marks are still there on the plate.

For getting the work done your most welcome.

Regards
Jatin
Jatin, can you send me your contact details? I would've pm'd you but I can't do that yet with my account.
Old 14th February 2014, 23:06   #5290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaderBalooch View Post
Jatin, can you send me your contact details? I would've pm'd you but I can't do that yet with my account.
Hey

I tried contacting you via pm but no option for that via email contact I guess you have restricted forum members mailing you.

If I give the contact details openly then it may create an issue

Regards
Jatin.Patel
Old 15th February 2014, 12:57   #5291
BHPian

What are options for Civic's rear suspension. I've already installed auto runner at rear and the car doesn't have ground clearance issue. But i find rear to be a little too bouncy specially when car is loaded. I was thinking of getting some sort of little stiff suspension setup at rear. I don't want to spend too much on this , experts pls advice.
Old 15th February 2014, 15:57   #5292
BHPian

What are tire pressure you are running ?

Try 29 at front and 28 at rear
Old 15th February 2014, 16:14   #5293
BHPian

Quote:
What are tire pressure you are running ?

Try 29 at front and 28 at rear
I was running 32 all across. Honda recommends 30 as cold pressure, hence was putting 32 all across whenever I was filling after 2-3 KMS of running. Will try this and check.
Old 15th February 2014, 20:31   #5294
BHPian

Try replacing your current autorunners with one size larger. It is a pain to fit a larger size, lot of effort, but the ride stiffens up dramatically.
I had fitted autorunner b2 on the cedia but the ride was still soft, replaced with b3 and now the rear is firm.

I have a pair similar to autorunner b3 lying in the car boot, purchased in US. You can pick them up if you want next time you come to Pune.
abeerbagul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2014, 17:27   #5295
Senior - BHPian

My civic's left window's motor is conking off. it takes ages to roll the window down or up. Any idea how much it costs?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks