Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2014, 18:26   #6031
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Evidence that the lap-belt and a locking buckle is hidden under the seat covers. Will try to 'dig' them up. Thanks!
I think what's happened in your case is that the lap-belt and the locking buckle for the right rear seat are both gone under the seat. So your right rear belt is not locking on the visible locking buckle which might be the one for the lap-belt.
gomzi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 07:49   #6032
BHPian

My Civic 2007 has a leak in the steering box and after showing to HASS and another expert confirmed that the steering box has to be changed. Honda quotes something around 39k +labour. Could somebody give me a link in Bangalore where I can get it at a nominal price.
Old 16th November 2014, 07:59   #6033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I got mine for 1950 for the left side. See if the details on the box are of any help to you. It's Depo branded, Taiwan made.
Wow, that helps. 1950 is a good price too,
Do they have any online shop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Well, I got the inner tail lamps for Rs 800 ( or was it Rs 1100? I'm sorry but it's been a while I bought 'em) per piece from Ghai Spares.
OMG, this Ghai SPares rates are making me their fan It's a complete steal.

Coolkurt - you going there anytime soon? Please let me know, I'd request you to pick up Rear Right Inner tail Lamp for me and courier the same

Last edited by laluks : 16th November 2014 at 08:04.
Old 16th November 2014, 12:07   #6034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Wow, that helps. 1950 is a good price too,
Do they have any online shop?

OMG, this Ghai SPares rates are making me their fan It's a complete steal.

Coolkurt - you going there anytime soon? Please let me know, I'd request you to pick up Rear Right Inner tail Lamp for me and courier the same
Haha. I don't mind doing that. Someone I know did try that once! Delhi to Mumbai. These were projector headlamps sourced from kashmere gate. Sadly, the piece was damaged in transit. So much for cost savings :P
Old 17th November 2014, 10:13   #6035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
I think what's happened in your case is that the lap-belt and the locking buckle for the right rear seat are both gone under the seat. So your right rear belt is not locking on the visible locking buckle which might be the one for the lap-belt.
Thanks Gomzi. That exactly was the case. I did dig out the locking buckle for the RR pax. Both the center belt and the RR locking buckle were hiding under the seat bench. Now all is well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
My Civic 2007 has a leak in the steering box and after showing to HASS and another expert confirmed that the steering box has to be changed. Honda quotes something around 39k +labour. Could somebody give me a link in Bangalore where I can get it at a nominal price.
Just as a casual talk with no intention or need to change that, HASS at my place quoted about 50K just for the part. I do not know why there is so much discrepancy in the cost of the same item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Haha. I don't mind doing that. Someone I know did try that once! Delhi to Mumbai. These were projector headlamps sourced from kashmere gate. Sadly, the piece was damaged in transit. So much for cost savings :P
Can you please post the address for Ghai Spares for the benefit of all. If not the exact shop no., kindly share the location of the store.

Thanks,
Saket
Old 17th November 2014, 11:54   #6036
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think Nissin is also an OEM supplier for Honda. But sure thing that you can get the Nissin brake pads for Civic outside Honda for lesser.
Nissin Brake pads for civic(front) costs 3K when I checked last time(10 days back).

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I am in the look out for a 2007 model Rear Right tail lamp on the dicky (the second one from the right, round one, pre face lift) for me. HASS says its something like 3800 INR
Defintely not 3.8K. I checked with HASS (Magnum) very recently, it's around 6.6K
I changed(Thanks to a cyclist... he hit ) it with DEPO brand, it was 1.9K. brought it from General Auto Spares, Siddaiah Road.
Depo one looks as same as original

http://ahmedabad.olx.in/tail-lights-...-iid-736806711 (used one)
sushrutha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 13:22   #6037
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Nissin Brake pads for civic(front) costs 3K when I checked last time(10 days back).
Is this at Honda ASC or outside?
Old 17th November 2014, 14:00   #6038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this at Honda ASC or outside?
Though complete brake assembly of Civic is NISSIN make, HASS uses HONDA make Brake pads.
Nissin brake pads are available outside.

Last edited by sushrutha : 17th November 2014 at 14:07.
sushrutha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 14:24   #6039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Can you please post the address for Ghai Spares for the benefit of all. If not the exact shop no., kindly share the location of the store.

Thanks,
Saket
Ghai Spares
#1/1,Savitri Nagar ,, Malviya Nagar , Delhi, India 110017

Contact Person: Arun
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 21:43   #6040
Senior - BHPian

Guys my civic's front suspension has taken a beating and am looking at a overhaul with parts costing around 30k.Seems mumbai roads are harsh on the civic.Anyone else had their civic suspension ovethaul done and at what cost ?
Old 18th November 2014, 08:45   #6041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys my civic's front suspension has taken a beating and am looking at a overhaul with parts costing around 30k.Seems mumbai roads are harsh on the civic.Anyone else had their civic suspension ovethaul done and at what cost ?
First, do a small test to test whether your Shocks(struts) need a replacement.
Does your car keep bouncing when you hold the fenders press your car hard & leave it once ? If it bounces for more than 3 times then you need to replace the Shocks.
If shocks are fine, do check Ball joints, tie rod ends & lower arm bushes also link arm (stabilizer bar) bushes .
I recently changed the lower arm bushes (RBI Thailand, cost is around 1.6K) car suspension is back to normal. Last year I had changed the ball joints, tie rod ends.
No need to change the lower arms, most of the times it's just the bushes which need a change.
HASS price is as following for the front suspension
Each shock is 6K
Tie rods & ball joints is around 10K.
For rear just change the bushes(iff the struts are fine).

Last edited by sushrutha : 18th November 2014 at 08:47.
sushrutha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 09:17   #6042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
First, do a small test to test whether your Shocks(struts) need a replacement......
Each shock is 6K
Hi,

The car has been diagnosed by my garage (trusted) that it is going to need a front suspension overhaul. The car makes noises, rattling type from the front left shock absorber etc. 6k at HASS, does it include the springs ? The quotes i have got outside are (in mumbai) 16.5 k for a set (front and left) including springs and 13.5 K for without springs.I usually avoid HASS for such things as they are have more expensive labor and i trust my garage guy to use OE parts or atleast parts which are not inferior in quality.

Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 12:34   #6043
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

The car has been diagnosed by my garage (trusted) that it is going to need a front suspension overhaul. The car makes noises, rattling type from the front left shock absorber etc. 6k at HASS, does it include the springs ? The quotes i have got outside are (in mumbai) 16.5 k for a set (front and left) including springs and 13.5 K for without springs.I usually avoid HASS for such things as they are have more expensive labor and i trust my garage guy to use OE parts or atleast parts which are not inferior in quality.

Thanks
Sumeet, Hello,

Your car needs suspension overhaul?

Is it not too soon. What can be the cause?

Please go into some detail.

Or you are doing rough driving?

Haha.

Last edited by skdking : 18th November 2014 at 12:35.
Old 18th November 2014, 13:14   #6044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Sumeet, Hello,

Your car needs suspension overhaul?

Is it not too soon. What can be the cause?

Please go into some detail.

Or you are doing rough driving?

Haha.
Hahah,

My driving has increased. I have done more than 7.5K in the last 7 months. It has increased to 1400 kms per month since my office has moved up to a different location. I drive at night often and sometimes fail to spot potholes etc which i believe has taken it's toll on the car's suspension.

As for the suspension the front shockers (left one more) rattles and makes a distinct thudding like sound when going over speed breakers and potholes.No such sound from the rear.My garage guy even checked by shaking the wheel while the car is stationery and has found play and rattling noise in the left wheel.I am expecting the parts cost to go upto 30K atleast plus there would be labour.
Old 18th November 2014, 13:47   #6045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
No need to change the springs, if the springs have gone weak, the car will sag down way too much.
The price mentioned is almost equal to HASS. 13.K for the shocks ??? I got a quote of 6K (12K) from shocks from HASS (Magnum Honda)
Do you see any leaks(oil stain) in the struts ? if yes, then definetely your shocks have gone bust.
For the thud noise first check Lower arm bushes, next strut mounting(you can just change the strut mounting kit - cost around 1.5-2K), tie rod ends, ball joints then the strut/shocks.
How is your transmission mount & engine mount ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks