Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2014, 19:45   #5941
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_asif View Post
What is the spark plug change interval for Civic? Is there any better after market spec which I can go for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushubh View Post
As per the manual, it is once every 100,000 kms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
They are iridium spark plugs. I'd say stick to OEM, it just costs 4k per 1,00,000 kms.
Here is my post on the subject years back:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2671295
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2670562
manim is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 01:08   #5942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the delay in posting the pics. Not very high quality though. Just for reference, mount costed Rs 1900 and the OEM brake pads Rs 1100
Hi,

Doesn't the mount have a top metallic part too ? The after market mount did not come with the top part ?
Old 31st October 2014, 13:11   #5943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi,

Doesn't the mount have a top metallic part too ? The after market mount did not come with the top part ?
That's a seperate part, not a part of the mount. It gets bolted on top.
Old 31st October 2014, 15:27   #5944
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the delay in posting the pics. Not very high quality though. Just for reference, mount costed Rs 1900 and the OEM brake pads Rs 1100
Coolkurt, thanks for the update. Would it be possible for you to tell us where did you source the mount and brake pads? The price in my opinion seems to be pretty attractive.
Old 31st October 2014, 15:36   #5945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Coolkurt, thanks for the update. Would it be possible for you to tell us where did you source the mount and brake pads? The price in my opinion seems to be pretty attractive.
Already mentioned here

Quote:
I'm based in new Delhi. The details of the place:
Ghai Spares - 12, Savitri Nagar, Malviya Nagar, South Delhi.
Contact person: Arun - 09810299709
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 23:04   #5946
BHPian

I got a used 2007 civic 6 months back, here is a update. The car was fitted with a sequential LPG kit in Bangalore. The car has covered around 5000 kms on it, the experience has been quite good. Had a small problem with a leak in the LPG system, but the dealer helped me out with the spares and haven't had any problems since. Gives me around 8-9 Kmpl in city traffic and 11-12 Kmpl on the highways. Servicing was done just after I got the car in Bangalore, engine oil change, brake and clutch system bleeding and coolant replacement. I had some problems with the clutch being too spongy, after a check up in the local honda showroom in Trivandrum found out I needed to change the slave cylinder because of a leak, this cost me around 2500 and that's it with the maintenance. I will upload the pictures soon. Now time to read up on this massive thread
Old 1st November 2014, 06:46   #5947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetinywanderer View Post
I got a used 2007 civic 6 months back,...I will upload the pictures soon. Now time to read up on this massive thread
Welcome to this thread and the Honda Civic club. You are going to find a ton of information on this thread. I would like to point out whatever Honda charges at the service station same job can be done for a good garage at approximate half the cost.Please keep this in mind whenever presented with a large estimate of service bills when you visit the HASS.Just like most service centers HASS is also known for milking customers.Good luck with the car, BTW is it a manual or a automatic one ?
Old 1st November 2014, 11:18   #5948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Welcome to this thread and the Honda Civic club. You are going to find a ton of information on this thread. I would like to point out whatever Honda charges at the service station same job can be done for a good garage at approximate half the cost.Please keep this in mind whenever presented with a large estimate of service bills when you visit the HASS.Just like most service centers HASS is also known for milking customers.Good luck with the car, BTW is it a manual or a automatic one ?
Thank you Yes, I realized that HASS was too expensive and I did not like the quality of the job, at least here, had to visit them thrice to get my problem fixed. It's a manual variant.
Old 1st November 2014, 14:16   #5949
BHPian

I am quite unhappy with the mid range power of my civic. Though the engine is free revving, I feel that the there's a good scope of improvement. I don't feel any clutch slippage as well.
However I am quite happy and pleasantly surprised with the mileage the car is returning. I got 12.2 kmpl for a tank full-tank full mileage test. This was exactly 1Kmpl less than what trip meter was showing for 100% Bangalore city drive with AC on. For an airport run last night, I did a reset to check the mileage on the trip meter. To my shock it was showing upto 19.8 kmpl and finally showed the average of 18.5 for a 110Kms drive.
Car has done 19200 Kms as of last night. I will go for a fuel filter and air filter change net weekend. Hope that should do some betterment in the pick up.
Old 1st November 2014, 18:07   #5950
BHPian

Guys can some one suggest on how to replace or better my 7yr old civics suspension.

Its quiet hard from front and rear & has recently started to bottom out at the rear. Does any one have any idea on what all to replace and costs involved. After market only.

Thanks..

Rishi
Old 1st November 2014, 19:04   #5951
Senior - BHPian

How is the Civic on bad roads and on the speed breakers, or mountains of tar? Does it scrape with two people in the front? Does it scrape with two in the back? Does it need to be babied into the bad patches?

My daily travel is on some good and some bad and worse roads. Also I encounter some of the biggest speed breakers you could find in the outskirts of Mumbai. This is mostly a single or two people ride.

On occasions where I drive outstation, roads in the interiors and other towns range from extremely good (Even the Nano glides like a luxury car) and under construction, or non existent.

The Nano has no problem tackling them without scraping, but I am looking at the Civic to see if it can give me a much much more comfortable ride.
Old 1st November 2014, 19:16   #5952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys can some one suggest on how to replace or better my 7yr old civics suspension.

Its quiet hard from front and rear & has recently started to bottom out at the rear. Does any one have any idea on what all to replace and costs involved. After market only.

Thanks..

Rishi
This might help a bit at the rear.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...uspension.html

Stock suspension if busted could be replaced with aftermarket stuff i guess but you will have to hunt down a good garage that will get the work done properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
How is the Civic on bad roads and on the speed breakers, or mountains of tar? Does it scrape with two people in the front? Does it scrape with two in the back? Does it need to be babied into the bad patches?
Yes the Civic can scrape its lower side with even one person with stock tires. It does have to be babied over bad roads and speed breakers as it has a l o n g wheelbase and a soft suspension setup. The way to overcome this is be gentle on the speed breakers, get taller 205's tires and if you have the dough go for a aftermarket suspension.

All in all i don't find much issue with the ground clearance as one should be careful in any car while driving over speed breakers and bad roads.Mine rarely scrapes as i have 205's tires on my car.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 1st November 2014 at 19:17.
Old 1st November 2014, 19:31   #5953
BHPian

I have had 205/65r15 since the day i bought the car.

I just changed them today as they had gone too hard and had started to crack.

Now need to know what to replace besides the front struts and the rear spring stoppers(the rubber pads at the bottom of the spring) as they seem brittle
Old 1st November 2014, 20:26   #5954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post

My daily travel is on some good and some bad and worse roads. Also I encounter some of the biggest speed breakers you could find in the outskirts of Mumbai. This is mostly a single or two people ride.
I usually commute alone or Max with a single passenger and have never scraped the underside of my car till now. There are some speed breakers on way as well as patches of bad road. But with four people you might have to be a bit more careful.
Old 3rd November 2014, 18:08   #5955
BHPian

Okay, my AC stopped working today. Haven't used the vehicle for the past few days. Started today and it was raining quite heavily and when I turn on the AC to clear the condensation, it wouldn't turn on. I couldn't hear the click and the change in engine note so mostly guessing a blown fuse? Any other cause for this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks