Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2014, 08:33   #5236
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Where did you pick this manual from? Costs?
I had a similar set downloaded previously from some dubious sites
http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.p...service-manual
Cost $11.99 - paid using paypal
I was in dire need of a manual and grabbed this copy (The site feels dubious), but content was authentic and virus free.
devsoftech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 08:56   #5237
Senior - BHPian

Guys I need a little help. My civic's boot has got a big dent, the lock also isn't working and the paint has chipped off. I took it to my regular denter but sadly, the entire staff has changed. Their approach was not confidence inspiring so I didn't get the work done.

Is there any good denter painter in South delhi? The paint matching is my biggest fear. My last option is to take it to Heera Motors in Gurgaon but that's a bit out of the way. Any help is appreciated.
Old 10th January 2014, 08:59   #5238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsoftech View Post
I was in dire need of a manual and grabbed this copy (The site feels dubious), but content was authentic and virus free.
Thanks for that info. Let me try it out too.

Did you already start with your Cruise Control Project? I see a lot of inputs required for the same, and a probable configuration parameter to be changed to enable Cruise Control Software functionalities.

Did you get a place which can help you in assembling it all together?
Old 10th January 2014, 14:32   #5239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Where did you pick this manual from? Costs?
I had a similar set downloaded previously from some dubious sites
Quote:

Earlier, Vasoo had shared the service manual link.
http://downloads.hondatech.info/Auto...ivic_06_4d.rar

Is it possible to verify whether they are identical copies?
Old 10th January 2014, 15:49   #5240
BHPian

Hello everyone,
I am noticing a lot of repair and replacement work on my Honda Civic V AT. I stay at Juhu Versova link road, so the salty air that side, is a real pain in the ass to maintain cars and motorcycles.

Firstly the front and rear bumpers have become loose from the joints and the plastic is shredding from the corners near the tires. Should i change the bumpers or can they be replaced? Approximate cost please?

Secondly the engine mount is broken because of which the car vibrates. So a mechanic quoted 3.5k for it. Is it reasonable??

Thirdly, i can hear creaking sound from the door hinges, interior of the car (i can't tell from where, exactly) and the front driver side window glass. How can they be fixed and approximate cost, if anyone can tell me?

Fourthly, when i speed the car after i park it i can smell burnt oil or rubber, I checked the hood, it wasn't from there. What could it be??

Also, i need a stereo panel to fit an after market double din system, so bass.com at juhu versova link road, quoted 4k for the dashboard stereo panel. is it reasonable?

The rims are wearing out. The silver coat is chipping. Can i give it a treatment or should i change it?

Cost of break pads and rotors please? Time to change them.

The door and center panel inside the car are losing the silver paint. Can i get it painted or do i have to replace it?

Which is the best tubeless tires in the market for a civic, in your opinion?

The civic emblems on the boot have been stolen and the steering wheel emblem silver coat is chipped. Where can i get them? Ambika at juhu versova link road, doesnt have it.

I hope the total cost doesn't amount to buying a new car
Old 10th January 2014, 17:42   #5241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Earlier, Vasoo had shared the service manual link.
http://downloads.hondatech.info/Auto...ivic_06_4d.rar

Is it possible to verify whether they are identical copies?
Sorry for delay. I was using mac, installed virtualbox to get windows running. Technically the link you sent is "more content" than my PDF manual. Only drawback is that it requires Windows and IE5 or higher to run. The link you sent has a search index too and the "extra" content it has is the "Body Repair Manual". I do not have the same in my purchased copy.
From Vasoo's copy, it is easy to copy text, and since it has hyperlinks, it is better than my PDF copy. There are instances where the manual says "GOTO SECTION XYZ". The HTML version has hyperlinks to navigate, so you do not loose track. It is more user friendly and much better organized. I can certify that the HTML version has everything that I spent unwisely on the PDF.
devsoftech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 00:47   #5242
BHPian

Recently, I purchased Civic Key cover from eBay. It's made of silicone (rubber) and looks good. Not only that, it is anti-slip as well as forms a protective layer in case the key falls down.

Only drawback is, it makes the key thicker leading to a slightly bigger bulge in the pocket if one is in the habit of keeping the keys in the pocket.

I am attaching couple photographs of how the key looks after the cover has been put on.

Mods: I am not sure if this has been covered earlier. Please delete this post if you think it is duplicate.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-civic-car-key-cover-2.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-civic-car-key-cover-1.jpg  

Old 12th January 2014, 13:28   #5243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen Heat View Post
Hello everyone,
I am noticing a lot of repair and replacement work on my Honda Civic V AT. I stay at Juhu Versova link road, so the salty air that side, is a real pain in the ass to maintain cars and motorcycles.

Firstly the front and rear bumpers have become loose from the joints and the plastic is shredding from the corners near the tires. Should i change the bumpers or can they be replaced? Approximate cost please?

If the bumpers not cracked then simple get them re-fixed.I had re-fixed my civic's from my local garage for 150 bucks. So for front and back you could expect 300 bucks.

Secondly the engine mount is broken because of which the car vibrates. So a mechanic quoted 3.5k for it. Is it reasonable??

3.5 k + labor is ok. No need of OE mount which costs 10K. The after market would last as long.

Thirdly, i can hear creaking sound from the door hinges, interior of the car (i can't tell from where, exactly) and the front driver side window glass. How can they be fixed and approximate cost, if anyone can tell me?

Try getting them properly greased for the creaking sound. Just get it checked from a good garage. Look up Team bhp Mumbai dir. Avoid HASS for such things.

Fourthly, when i speed the car after i park it i can smell burnt oil or rubber, I checked the hood, it wasn't from there. What could it be??

Not sure about this, again get it verified from a good garage.

Also, i need a stereo panel to fit an after market double din system, so bass.com at juhu versova link road, quoted 4k for the dashboard stereo panel. is it reasonable?

4K is ok price.

The rims are wearing out. The silver coat is chipping. Can i give it a treatment or should i change it?

Painting might cost around 2K.A painting shop would give you proper qoute.
Repainting would be much cheaper than getting new alloys

Cost of break pads and rotors please? Time to change them.

Nissin brake pads can be had for around < 3k per set. These would do instead of Honda OE pads. Just make sure you don't get fakes. Brake rotors could be skimmed instead of replaced. Not sure about cost.

The door and center panel inside the car are losing the silver paint. Can i get it painted or do i have to replace it?

Painting is the way to go.

Which is the best tubeless tires in the market for a civic, in your opinion?

I am running Bridgestone Turanza 205 65 R 15. These have held up well touchwood till now. Again look up the tyre section to make your choice.

The civic emblems on the boot have been stolen and the steering wheel emblem silver coat is chipped. Where can i get them? Ambika at juhu versova link road, doesnt have it.

You might get the same @ Milan subway , Santacruz prakash stores. Just give them a call and go.

I hope the total cost doesn't amount to buying a new car
Please find my comments above in bold.
Old 12th January 2014, 14:24   #5244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Please find my comments above in bold.
Thanks a ton, bro. I shall follow your guidance.
Old 12th January 2014, 18:02   #5245
BHPian

Hi All,

Anyone has the Mapmyindia In dash AVN for civic installed? Any feedback? Are there preouts? I couldn't find detailed specifications from site.

Thanks,
Manoj
Old 12th January 2014, 18:11   #5246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for delay. I was using mac, installed virtualbox to get windows running. Technically the link you sent is "more content" than my PDF manual. Only drawback is that it requires Windows and IE5 or higher to run. The link you sent has a search index too and the "extra" content it has is the "Body Repair Manual". I do not have the same in my purchased copy.
From Vasoo's copy, it is easy to copy text, and since it has hyperlinks, it is better than my PDF copy. There are instances where the manual says "GOTO SECTION XYZ". The HTML version has hyperlinks to navigate, so you do not loose track. It is more user friendly and much better organized. I can certify that the HTML version has everything that I spent unwisely on the PDF.
That is indeed a genuine copy of the service manual and I have verified with a friend who has procured a hard copy through his contacts in a HASS. Since it is in HTML format, it is much easier to use and search as long as you have a MS OS. However it doesn't seem to work well in browsers other than IE.
Old 12th January 2014, 21:05   #5247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoj_joseph78 View Post
Hi All,

Anyone has the Mapmyindia In dash AVN for civic installed? Any feedback? Are there preouts? I couldn't find detailed specifications from site.

Thanks,
Manoj
I have got Mapmyindia in-dash AVN installed in my Civic. While I can't really answer on the number of preouts available, I can describe my configuration for you, hope that helps.

I have the MamMyIndia AVN connected to JBL 4 Channel Amp which is feeding into Infinity Component speakers in the front and Kenwood 6'' x 9'' speakers at the rear. Again this configuration may not be ideal as I upgraded the speakers in a piecemeal manner. While I was happy with the output, after sometime I got the urge to see if damping will help. Subsequently, I got damping done in all 4 doors. After that I definitely see the sound clarity improve multi-fold.

I am sure that the big car stereo brands like Pioneer, JVC, Kenwood, Blaupunkt etc. will sound better. However, I went for this (even though it was substantially more expensive) as it was giving me the convenience of Bluetooth (for calls only), USB Music as well as an inbuilt Navigator. All this without taking away from the stock look as it replaced the original stereo along with the frame (not sure if it is the right way to describe it).

Let me know if you have any other query.
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 19:30   #5248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroheadd View Post
Hello , I am also using a MMI In Dash AVN in my Beat. If you want i can copy contents in CD and courier it to you . I hope that should work and save some useless money being spent.
Thanks a ton for helping me out. I will send you a PM soon with my address. Hope it works.
Old 17th January 2014, 09:22   #5249
Senior - BHPian

How to check for wear and tear of brake pads and the discs? My brake pads have held good for 35k kms now but I'm wondering if it's time to change them. The Honda A.S.S have recommend a change every single time I've taken the car for service in the past 7 years but a visit to amy trusty FNG puts to rest all worries.
Old 17th January 2014, 11:55   #5250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
How to check for wear and tear of brake pads and the discs?
If fully worn-out:

Pads - start squealing when braked, there is a metal limiter which starts giving this warning noise (never happened to me yet).

Disc - when braking car starts shuddering and the steering wheel wobbles (happened to me).

But of course, it is better to change both before this extreme condition is reached (I trust the experienced guys at H.A.S.S to let me know).

Brakes are checked at every 5K service since they are very important for safety.

Last edited by manim : 17th January 2014 at 11:56.
manim is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks