Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2015, 16:26   #6841
Distinguished - BHPian

@coolkurt...in emergency just about any coolant premix will work. Or even plain water.
sudev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 11:25   #6842
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Any idea how much an axle replacement costs? Noise from front right side has been diagnosed as a faulty axle. HASS rep will get back with the price. My FNG guy says even a repair will do the trick.
Old 17th September 2015, 11:50   #6843
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
@coolkurt...in emergency just about any coolant premix will work. Or even plain water.
Yes, just remember that once you get home or the car back to a workshop the whole coolant system really needs to be flushed out properly to get rid of any water and or other residues.

Just draining and refilling with the correct coolant is likely to be insufficient long term, really needs flushing.

Jeroen
Old 17th September 2015, 12:09   #6844
Distinguished - BHPian

Axle repairs is improving technology. I have seen lots of commercial axle repairs being done in Europe and US. Cannot comment on local quality but worth trying if cost savings are great.

For a while in early 2000's used to run component supply export business for axle, steering and suspension repairs guys. They would do work for taxi fleets.
Old 17th September 2015, 13:28   #6845
BHPian

Civic gurus.....Got few questions....Got my car serviced at Bay6 Bangalore and have couple of questions as this is my first service outside and a long trip is coming up this weekend,

1. I carried my own engine oil shell helix ultra, they poured full 4l instead of 3.7l, Is this fine?

2. They put a Purolator oil filter pl-718900 as they did not had the OE replacement, which they said will replace and top it up with another 200 ml engine oil after it is in stock as I insisted on it. I do not find this part no online, is it required to get it changed?

I find this filter online and it says it is for Santro... Amazon link for Purolator filter

Also does the entire engine oil needs to be drained to change the filter?

3. They also changed the engine coolant, 1 litre Wurth coolant is what they put. I came back home and saw service manual and saw coolant drainage is required only 10 years or 100000 kms. Is this fine or do I need to fill it with Honda Type 2 coolant for a better radiator life?

Last edited by 0and1 : 17th September 2015 at 13:32.
Old 17th September 2015, 22:37   #6846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0and1 View Post
3. They also changed the engine coolant, 1 litre Wurth coolant is what they put. I came back home and saw service manual and saw coolant drainage is required only 10 years or 100000 kms. Is this fine or do I need to fill it with Honda Type 2 coolant for a better radiator life?
Not sure about the filter but if the coolant color is blue then it should be fine. If not ie if it's green etc it would probably better to change it.
Old 19th September 2015, 00:10   #6847

Ok so my paddle shift is not upshifting. When i put into S mode and downshift, it will downshift a gear but the right side paddle shifter ( the one to upshift ) dosent work.
What could be the problem?
I'm really worried.
Old 19th September 2015, 11:40   #6848
BANNED

The SRS issue has hit the Civic and they are expecting to start chasing owners starting October 12. I will be in Gurgaon at that time for about a month and a half, so what should I do?
Old 19th September 2015, 13:45   #6849
Senior - BHPian

My Civic is in the replacement list as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3805731
Old 19th September 2015, 14:07   #6850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The SRS issue has hit the Civic and they are expecting to start chasing owners starting October 12. I will be in Gurgaon at that time for about a month and a half, so what should I do?
Sir, if your car is on the list, they are giving you the option of choosing the city/ garage. If your car will be in Gurgaon, you can opt for a Delhi or Gurgaon service center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
My Civic is in the replacement list as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3805731
Mine too is on the list. Both driver and passenger sides are affected on my car. I have provided them my information. Let's see how they handle the issue. This is an acid test for Honda I guess.

Regards,
Saket.
Old 19th September 2015, 17:36   #6851
BHPian

I haven't been happy with the steering cover in my 2007 Civic SAT. I had bought it pre-worshipped and the existing beige cover was not upto the mark. When I got it removed, I noticed a nicely stitched black steering cover beneath.

My question is, how good the default steering cover is? Anybody using it as is?
Old 20th September 2015, 10:27   #6852
BHPian

Hi All. I am having a 2007 AT Honda Civic. Frustrated without having a good music connectivity option (USB/Aux cable). I had tried FM transmitter but bad quality and quick discharging is not making it any better. Writing CDs is also not a good option.
Friends pls suggest something. I know some people have solved this problem. Kindly help me with the various range of options that i can implement along with the costs involved.
I will be grateful for your help.
Also if you could suggest a shop/garage in Kolkata who could do all these things?
Old 20th September 2015, 11:35   #6853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Hi All. I am having a 2007 AT Honda Civic. Frustrated without having a good music connectivity option (USB/Aux cable). I had tried FM transmitter but bad quality and quick discharging is not making it any better. Writing CDs is also not a good option.
Friends pls suggest something. I know some people have solved this problem. Kindly help me with the various range of options that i can implement along with the costs involved.
I will be grateful for your help.
Also if you could suggest a shop/garage in Kolkata who could do all these things?
A basic audio setup would cost min 11 to 12 invluding 3500 for the dashboard trim which once fitted you can fit any kind of audio like single din or double din. Other option is and the better if you like to retain the stock look is to get a good quality aux cable. Any decent audio installer can do this for you and should cost around 4k at max.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 20th September 2015 at 11:43. Reason: adding cost of trim in total cost
Old 20th September 2015, 13:50   #6854
BHPian

Any link to how this dashboard trim can be sourced?
Old 20th September 2015, 14:10   #6855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Any link to how this dashboard trim can be sourced?
I think ebay india should have but retails at 6k. You can ask from your accesories shop as well. Also there is a taiwan make i forgot the name frankly which is the one i have and a cheap chinese one as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks