Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2015, 12:10   #6976
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
The following are repairs that I got done/ quoted by my FNG. All rates are parts + labour.

4. clutch replacement - daikin exedy. 6k with labour
5. Engine mount - 2.5k
The prices for the above clutch and mount replacement at an FNG (esp the engine mount) are way less than what HASS charges. Shows how much HASS robs its customers day in and day out.
Old 30th October 2015, 00:09   #6977
BHPian

Fellow civicians, I've been facing some issues since day before yesterday.
Like everyday I started for office in the morning but as soon as I turned the key for ignition, I heard some strange noise from the CD player, somewhat similar to the one you usually hear when changing discs. Point to note here is that the music system was in aux mode so CDs should be sitting quite like they were all these days. This noise stopped in few seconds and I continued with my ride after plugging in the aux cable recently installed, in my phone, enjoying music. This happened again when I started back for home, and I ignored it. Yesterday morning when this happened again, I switched to CD player from aux and it kept flashing the message "busy" eventually displaying a "cd mech error" after a few minutes (picture attached).
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446142576.774259.jpg

Ignored this too thinking that I'll take the car to HASS on Saturday to fix it. Blunder, I guess. Why I'm saying it was a blunder because I think, this whole issue might just have the connection with what followed today.

Today, when I stepped into the car to start my drive to office, it car just refused to start. This has never happened before with me. I tried, tried and tried again, but it won't just start. Just made sounds like misfiring. I could make out that It's not even reaching the starter motor. I can hear the misfiring sounds coming from the steering or somewhere behind it and not from inside the bonnet.
The odometer has all the lights and icons lit fully. So I thought this is not a battery issue. I called up HASS advisor who suspected a dead battery basis my description of the problem. I repeated the CD player acting funny episodes and suddenly what I notice is that the cd changing type of sound from the music player keeps coming even if the ignition is off. I told him about this and he was more confident about his theory of dead battery. He said this mech error has drained the battery completely. I left the car and took a cab to office :-x

Plan to get someone to jump start tomorrow or the great Indian "dhakka start" is on the cards. But I still have my doubts on battery being dead. Otherwise how would the icons on odometer glow in full glory if there was a battery issue? Aren't they suppose to get dim or something?

Has anyone here faced such an issue ever? If yes, please help with the diagnosis and solutions thereof.
Old 30th October 2015, 00:25   #6978
Senior - BHPian

Lokesh how old is the battery ? If the battery is of amaron type it should have a sight glass to check status. Also a cd player should get switched off with ignition in off position. Better jump start with a spare battery.
Old 30th October 2015, 09:19   #6979
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
The prices for the above clutch and mount replacement at an FNG (esp the engine mount) are way less than what HASS charges. Shows how much HASS robs its customers day in and day out.
I expect a 2-3x markup at an ASS as compared to a FNG. So nothing great there.
Old 30th October 2015, 12:52   #6980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Lokesh how old is the battery ? If the battery is of amaron type it should have a sight glass to check status. Also a cd player should get switched off with ignition in off position. Better jump start with a spare battery.
Its about 5 years old Sumeet. Got it started with Jump Start today in the morning. It WAS battery that drained out suddenly yesterday
Its not even charging now. Seems that its dead. Gave it to the Reliance autozone in office campus. Have to find out if the reason was "CD Mech error"

Any suggestions on which battery? I'm inclined towards Amaron.

Last edited by 1lokesh : 30th October 2015 at 13:04.
Old 30th October 2015, 13:00   #6981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
I'm inclined towards Amazon.
I suppose you meant Amaron and not Amazon

I would go with Amaron anyday. Have it on all my cars and have not had a single issue till date.
Old 30th October 2015, 13:06   #6982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I suppose you meant Amaron and not Amazon

I would go with Amaron anyday. Have it on all my cars and have not had a single issue till date.
Yups. The online sale has still the recall left on my fingers while typing. Have corrected the error now.

I think I will go for Amaron.
Old 30th October 2015, 13:53   #6983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yups. The online sale has still the recall left on my fingers while typing. Have corrected the error now.

I think I will go for Amaron.
Yup go for the Amaron. 55B24LS is the no for the battery. 5 years BTW was a lot of life time for the battery.
Old 30th October 2015, 23:35   #6984
Senior - BHPian

Five years of battery life is amazing. I've never managed beyond 4, that too was in my old Zen.
Old 31st October 2015, 18:49   #6985
BHPian

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Got Amaron 55B24LS installed. Damage Rs 6.1k. Thanks Sumeet for recommendation.

Hadn't changed the battery since I bought the car from its 1st owner, my ex-boss. It's been with me for almost 5 yrs now.

That "CD Mech error" is still alive and irritating. Any pointers by anyone on how to deal with it please?

Last edited by 1lokesh : 31st October 2015 at 18:54.
Old 31st October 2015, 19:21   #6986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That "CD Mech error" is still alive and irritating. Any pointers by anyone on how to deal with it please?
One method is try to hit the top of the CD system and see if it works else get it fixed from a audio shop. Do not take it to HASS for fixing.

Edit : Also are you able to eject the CD's ? Any CD not able to eject ?

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 31st October 2015 at 19:23.
Old 31st October 2015, 19:42   #6987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
One method is try to hit the top of the CD system and see if it works else get it fixed from a audio shop. Do not take it to HASS for fixing.

Edit : Also are you able to eject the CD's ? Any CD not able to eject ?

Thanks, will try that. Can't eject any cd. I'm thinking that once I'm able to extract all 6 CDs in there I'm going to forget there was a CD player at all.
Old 1st November 2015, 10:51   #6988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Recently while updating the airbags, we had removed the stereo and disconnected the battery and a few connectors at the back of the stereo. After all the job was completed and connected back to battery, the system showed Mech Error. It was identified to one of the connectors not connected back.

Please remove the stereo and check the connectors before you take it anywhere. Probably if it just that??

You can remove the stereo by removing a small cover near to the Power outlet, and removing the two screws there. It is a very simple thing to do.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 17:07   #6989
BHPian

In my 2007 Civic SAT, the windshield washer nozzle is not working. Initially, I though that it could be to do with liquid getting over and I filled water into the washer fluid reservoir. However, even now it doesn't seem to be working, the wiper blades move but no liquid comes out of the spray nozzles.

Any quick fixes I can try before I take it to Honda A**?
Old 2nd November 2015, 17:20   #6990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
In my 2007 Civic SAT, the windshield washer nozzle is not working. Initially, I though that it could be to do with liquid getting over and I filled water into the washer fluid reservoir. However, even now it doesn't seem to be working, the wiper blades move but no liquid comes out of the spray nozzles.

Any quick fixes I can try before I take it to Honda A**?
Do you hear the sound of the motor when pulling the stalk towards you ? If so, another check I would do is to see if the liquid is getting sprayed inside thereby not reaching the nozzle. In my case, it was a case of rat biting the tube causing a leak.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks