Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2015, 12:02   #7081
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi22 View Post
Hope this is of help to you.

http://civic.hondafitjazz.com/101703.html
Thanks I'll check this out. I had trouble locating the specific relay. Is there any specific procedure to change the relay? Or is it just simple remove and replace?
Old 3rd December 2015, 12:38   #7082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Thanks I'll check this out. I had trouble locating the specific relay. Is there any specific procedure to change the relay? Or is it just simple remove and replace?
Once u locate it just remove and replace.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 14:03   #7083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
The image on the link with box named as '12' (in the under hood fuse box) should be the Ac Compressor Clutch Relay... Attaching here...
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-untitled.jpg  

Adi22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 21:57   #7084
BHPian

Hi All, I am planning to get the service done myself i.e. DIY, for my Honda Civic, i would seek your help in getting from where i can get the air filters for Honda Civic 2007 AT and other spares etc.
Do they sell it at service centre or are they available online also?
Old 3rd December 2015, 23:41   #7085
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Hi All, I am planning to get the service done myself i.e. DIY, for my Honda Civic, i would seek your help in getting from where i can get the air filters for Honda Civic 2007 AT and other spares etc.
To my knowledge, HASS does not have a policy of selling spares over the counter. If you insist, they might sell you the spares but they might charge you for labour so as to show on invoice that it was fitted in your car by them at the service center.

However, spares like air filter and oil filter are available at online stores like amazon and snapdeal. This means that you can get spares at good automobile brick and mortar stores too.

Regards,
Saket.
Old 4th December 2015, 12:48   #7086
BHPian

Hi just want to know what can be the safe way working under the car while doing DIY, how can i make the car lift and stand on some supports?
Old 4th December 2015, 12:52   #7087
BANNED

@saket77; another alternative is your friendly car parts chap. If not in stock (very likely) they will get them in 2-3 days. My Kanpur chap does have oil filters in stock most of the time. It seems they are generic to Honda!
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 13:03   #7088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Spare shops in your locality should have them. Some online stores.

http://www.partsbigboss.in/
automotivesoul.com => Usually not listed, can call/email them and enquire. They would oblige.

Have ordered from both these many times, with good trun-around.
Adi22 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 14:56   #7089
Senior - BHPian

Found this on you tube. This definitely belongs here. Laluks sir hats off to your passion and your Civic. I think this video deserves more views especially from bhpians so posting here.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 03:22   #7090
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I saw a 2010 Civic VAT Today. The car has 42 K Kms. Has new tyres which were replaced 4 k kms back from Honda only. Has a battery installed a week ago. I had gone for a test drive today and the seller was already in touch with a potential buyer who had promiswd him to come back tomoro with his family before he could finalise the car. I took the car to Ring Road Honda. They did not inspect the car stating it's late and the staff has gone home. It was 6 pm. I had called Honda 121 but that didn't help either. But I got the service history of the car. I checked for last 6 -7 services and all the service has been done in an interval of 4-5 k kms from Honda only. The car is a 2nd owner car as the owner says it was on his company's name before and now it's on his own name. The stepny has never been used. The car was serviced in October this year and has done only 1k kms. do don't need service for another 9 k kms. The owner has deals in diamonds. The car was in his own name. He resides in one of the very posh areas in Delhi. Owner even took me to his home and introduced to his mother saying that this gentleman is buying our car. Took a test drive of 15 kms approx. The car felt good. Gear shift was smooth. There was no unusual noise. The car was not rough. The leather on door pads was intact. Car has few scratches outside. Looking at all these signs I went with my instinct and paid the advance to the owner. I am not sure if I did the right thing. I was afraid that I would lose this car. It's been some time that I am looking for a decent low run Civic.
Old 9th December 2015, 06:33   #7091
Senior - BHPian

@Nik0502 before you make a full payment still for peace of mind get a full check up done. Do not skip this part . How do you know if the car has never been in a accident. Someone else is coming to look at the car is the oldest trick in a sellers book..
Old 9th December 2015, 08:24   #7092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi Guys,

I saw a 2010 Civic VAT Today. ....Looking at all these signs I went with my instinct and paid the advance to the owner.
Finally....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
@Nik0502 before you make a full payment still for peace of mind get a full check up done. Do not skip this part . How do you know if the car has never been in a accident. Someone else is coming to look at the car is the oldest trick in a sellers book..
I guess the diamond dealer was at his career best, pampering and boosting the buyer. Hope the car is good as it sounds
Its always best to get it checked. I know of a friend who paid the money to car saying the owner was nice and there is no reason to mistrust him, and went into huge issues later. It turned out to be a spruced up flood hit car!!

Last edited by laluks : 9th December 2015 at 08:27.
Old 9th December 2015, 08:57   #7093
BHPian

Yes,

I have this thought back in my mind to have the car checked before making full payment. In fact I paid the advance thinking if it doesn't turn out to be good enough I ll probably lose 12k advance which I have paid. If it is good then I am good to go, but the problem is I don't know what to say to the owner now. It would be very stupid to tell him that I want to have the car inspected before make the payment as I have already finalised the deal.
Old 9th December 2015, 09:35   #7094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Finally....

I guess the diamond dealer was at his career best, pampering and boosting the buyer. Hope the car is good as it sounds
Its always best to get it checked. I know of a friend who paid the money to car saying the owner was nice and there is no reason to mistrust him, and went into huge issues later. It turned out to be a spruced up flood hit car!!
I know that things could still be fishy. The only reason I decided to go ahead with the deal is because I was able to see at Honda that the car has been continuesly visiting honda. Even the tyres were changed at Honda. I would have never went ahead if the record was not there with Honda. Apart from that there were other things to look at too, for example his daily drive was a 2012 Honda City which had only 23k on the odo. The car was in his own name unlike few people who pick up a car to make quick buck and pretend to be the owner.

nIk
Old 9th December 2015, 09:43   #7095
BHPian

Nik, tell him that some of your friends with Civics advised you to get a check up before getting the car. Say that doing so will give you a lot of peace of mind. If he resists ask him what does he lose (or have to hide). If that doesn't help, say that you are not inclined to go ahead with the deal unless this is done.

Good luck! By the way, what was the final price you guys agreed on?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks