Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2015, 21:01   #6946
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
When I got 4 of them(manufactured in Feb 2015) for 13.5K INR in May 15, do I really care
Now that is something I can't argue with :P

My car is going to be 9 years old in a few months. Over time, especially in the last two years, I've noticed that more and more noise has started seeping into the cabin. There was a time when I used to idle at a traffic signal and I used to forget whether the car was on or not. Any way I can get the cabin quiet again?
Old 11th October 2015, 21:17   #6947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
The Civic is capable of delivering 17-18 kmpl if you keep a steady speed of 80 kmph. I've got the same driving on the GT Karnal highway.
Check my post 2510.Civic AT is capable of giving 20 Plus Mileage.In that instance I got a mileage of 26 KMPL as per MID.
ramanak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 09:04   #6948
Senior - BHPian

I have noticed that when i switch on the ac there is minor kick which makes the car jerk or hesitate. It does not stall or something. I am assuming this is because the ac compressor starts. Is this normal ? I usually start the ac after a min or two after driving/idling and i have noticed this only when the engine is cold.
Old 12th October 2015, 09:44   #6949
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I have noticed that when i switch on the ac there is minor kick which makes the car jerk or hesitate. It does not stall or something. I am assuming this is because the ac compressor starts. Is this normal ? I usually start the ac after a min or two after driving/idling and i have noticed this only when the engine is cold.
It happens in my Brio but is not really noticeable in the Civic. I will tend to ignore this.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 10:32   #6950
BHPian

Quote:
Happens with me as well. Have ignored it throughout. I start the AC within 10 seconds of the ignition. This jerk/mild shudder is noticeable even in idle state (like on traffic signal), whenever the compressor kicks in, IMO. Asked HASS and other FNGs, nothing to worry about they say. Though I expect that once I get the AC serviced, which I have not done till date, this issue may vanish.

On another note, this jerk/mild shudder is also noticeable if I lock the car (central lock) when its already locked (to be doubly sure, you see), when in ignition idle. I don't know exact reason, but suspect some electric fuse or something getting overloaded. Need to get this checked.

Last edited by 1lokesh : 12th October 2015 at 10:36.
1lokesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 09:09   #6951
BANNED

@1lokesh; It could be the battery threatening to pack up, otherwise the remote operation should not cause a judder. Servicing the AC may not help much, so I will just grin and bear it.
Old 13th October 2015, 15:05   #6952
BHPian

Update on the Aux cable installation:

After getting the Aux solution, plugging in the cable every time into the phone used to pain my lazy bones, which obviously I didn't like .
So, decided to get a Bluetooth dongle to fix this for once and all. After a few probing clicks here and there landed on this piece http://www.flipkart.com/captcha-dong...GEAXYFGZGBZ2YV

Paid Rs 575 (now available at Rs 465/-) and got the delivery yesterday. The packaging was quite cheap. Wrapped in a cardboard sheet turned box, there was a pouch inside with the dongle (size of a thumb drive) with a 2 sided aux pin cable. I was very disappointed. I expected something better if not for the shoddy packaging. Tried to look for a charger port but turns out that it has a USB interface and needs to be plugged in always to operate. And here I expected a battery operated gadget.

I was expecting something which is battery operated, plugged in with the aux cable and nicely tucked away in the glove box.

Anyways, with mind of returning back this piece, I plugged it into the Charger point. The blue light lit up and my android phone had no problems discovering this little BT device and pairing thereafter. Inserted the Aux in cable to the other end of the dongle and voila, it works like its supposed to. Attaching some pictures:

Plastic pouch in which the dongle and the cable came in
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_0718.jpg

The dongle, just about the size of a thumb drive
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_0716.jpg

Plugged into the power port
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_0715.jpg
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_0714.jpg

After installation, the painful view of the wire coming out of the glove box.
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_0717.jpg

Positives:
1. Compact little unit, easily plugged into the charging port.
2. No impact on sound clarity.
3. Automatically connects with phone once paired.
3. Easy to use.

Negatives:
1. Works on uninterrupted power source. No battery. Even a second of power disruption will cause it to connect with the device again thus routing the sound output to the phone speakers during the period disconnected.
2. Poor packaging.
3. Not sure about the long term performance, quality and stability, since its not branded (made by someone in Okhla, Delhi)

I'm still going to keep my option of returning this piece, except giving it a try for couple of days.
Old 14th October 2015, 00:05   #6953

Hi there,

I think i mentioned this issue I've been facing with the airbag light coming on. Recently, one of the paddle shifters (the one that upshifts) stopped working. I took the car to HASS and i was told that the reason for both problems is the SRS Reel Assembly Cable and that i need to replace it for 11k. They said they do not have the part and will need to order it which will take a week or two.

Do you guys have any idea as to where i can buy the part myself and get it replaced by an independent mechanic? I have got the part number from Honda. (Reel Assembly Cable - 77900-SNA-E01)
Old 14th October 2015, 07:34   #6954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthkhatau View Post
Hi there,

I think i mentioned this issue I've been facing with the airbag light coming on. Recently, one of the paddle shifters (the one that upshifts) stopped working. I took the car to HASS and i was told that the reason for both problems is the SRS Reel Assembly Cable and that i need to replace it for 11k. They said they do not have the part and will need to order it which will take a week or two.

Do you guys have any idea as to where i can buy the part myself and get it replaced by an independent mechanic? I have got the part number from Honda. (Reel Assembly Cable - 77900-SNA-E01)
You can look it up at opera house. Refer to team bhp directory and call up shetty motors and see if they have the part.
Old 15th October 2015, 04:52   #6955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Now that is something I can't argue with :P

My car is going to be 9 years old in a few months. Over time, especially in the last two years, I've noticed that more and more noise has started seeping into the cabin. There was a time when I used to idle at a traffic signal and I used to forget whether the car was on or not. Any way I can get the cabin quiet again?
Adding to this, any idea of any place in bangalore that does decent art leather seat covers? What is a reasonable price for getting the covers changed?
Old 19th October 2015, 20:14   #6956
Senior - BHPian

Guys my Civic's bonnet latch is stuck and the bonnet won't open. Any ideas how to pop it open ? Might try spraying it with Wd 40 tomorrow.
Old 20th October 2015, 06:29   #6957
BANNED

sumeet. Yes, WD40 may help, Also try getting a friend to push down the bonnet and operate the release mechanism. That may work. Another option is the insert a metal ruler under the cover any try and slide the release all the way. Of course your (not so) friendly HASS is the final option!
Old 20th October 2015, 12:48   #6958
BHPian

Quote:
Guys my Civic's bonnet latch is stuck and the bonnet won't open. Any ideas how to pop it open ? Might try spraying it with Wd 40 tomorrow.
I had the same problem around a year back and it was opened at HASS (I think WD40 was sprayed later).
I was advised not to oil or grease it since it will attract dust.
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 18:05   #6959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Yes, I plugged in my ipod to the audio in jack this morning, and it plays fine. Just that unlike the USB device where you can use the CD+ / CD- and Track fwd rewind buttons to change folders and tracks, with the audio in jack you have to change tracks and folders from the ipod itself.
Thanks, just one question, did you pay any customs duty on the product by Aliexpress?
Old 20th October 2015, 20:28   #6960
Senior - BHPian

Ok i managed to open the bonnet by prying it open via a scewr driver. It was at the second latch where it was getting stuck. Used the screw driver to dislodge the latch and it finally opened. Oiled the latch a bit and now it is butter smooth and opens effortlessly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks