Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2016, 14:59   #7696
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

If its engine mounting issue there will be vibrations on the steering wheel. Visible on the also at times. Regardin tyres Bridgestone does a good job and starts at 4500/unit. I drove approx 65K kms on the Bridgstaone. Pirelli is approx 6000/unit, the drive is great on Pirelli and has lasted me 55k kms.
Old 9th August 2016, 07:37   #7697
BHPian

Bhpians,

I would like to change the wipers on my Civic. Hass tells me that they are not available. Can it be bought in the aftermarket???

Would this product be suitable? http://www.amazon.in/DHC-Wiper-Blade...ds=wiper+civic
Old 9th August 2016, 18:32   #7698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Got some time today for replacing the stock rear arm with camber adjustable one. A straight forward replacement.
I must say the stock bushes are of very nice quality, even after 1.35lakhs and 9 years, it did not even show signs of weakness

Went for alignment of the Civic. The mechanic tried to adjust the camber of front passenger side, but on removing the tire realized that the gap available for adjustment is quite less. His guess is that the shocker could be bent. I intend to take the Civic to Honda tomorrow. The car is outside warranty but has zero-dep insurance.

Assuming there is part replacement involved and considering warranty is expired by now, any pointers how I can get this done at a minimal cost? The reason I'm asking beforehand is that I might have to take a call at moment, and it would be really helpful to have some inputs while discussing with the chaps there

Last edited by avisidhu : 9th August 2016 at 18:34.
Old 9th August 2016, 18:48   #7699
Senior - BHPian

You can buy Bosch or Hella wiper blades and they'll work just fine. Probably better than the OEM if my experience with Bosch on my Amaze is any indicator.

Most auto parts stores will stock either or both of those. Fitting will take a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Bhpians,

I would like to change the wipers on my Civic. Hass tells me that they are not available. Can it be bought in the aftermarket???

Would this product be suitable? http://www.amazon.in/DHC-Wiper-Blade...ds=wiper+civic
Old 9th August 2016, 18:53   #7700
BANNED

Whatever you do the wiper blade will need replacement in a couple of years. Our weather sees to that. So as long as you get a good unit (even Syndicate will do), no point in spending more money.
Old 9th August 2016, 19:22   #7701
Senior - BHPian

The first time I replaced the wiper blades at HASS, was charged a hefty 1600 INR. This time around (during the last service and the airbag inflator replacement), I declined the offer. One needs to take lessons from HASS for milking customers.
Old 9th August 2016, 20:22   #7702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash1229 View Post
Hi guys,

My 2008 Civic V-AT has been having some weird vibrations from the front right hand side of the bonnet under acceleration. Could it be the infamous engine mount issue?
I'm looking at replacing all 4 tyres as well. Since the car is mostly city used, I'd love to know what will be the best for the same!

Also looking at getting the car serviced at a local mechanic now. Any recommendations in & around Bombay(specifically around Bandra)?
Clunks, groans and squeaks that only occur during acceleration, deceleration, sudden speed changes usually point to loose, worn or deteriorated suspension components. Get your car’s control arm bushings, ball joints, sway bar/stabilizer bar mounts and shocks checked.

As for the tires in view of your usage my recommendation would be Michelin Primacy 3 ST, Bridgestone Turanza ER-300, Goodyear Assurance Triplemax, in that order.

In regards to wiper blades conversation, my recommendation would be to change your wiper blades every 6 to 9 months. These have natural rubber that deteriorates fast in our weather conditions (high temperatures, rain, road grime etc.). The frayed edges of the blade can also scratch your wind screen. A good practice is to wipe the edges of the blade with a wet tissue every few days, that way the debris that might be wedged there will not scratch the wind screen & will give you clear visibility when needed.

Changing your wiper blades is a small expense (just compare it to the amount of money you're spending on gas every month) and it will give you peace of mind when driving on that rainy day/night when good visibility can mean a difference between reaching home safely and a potential incident.

My two cents..

Last edited by Vikram Arya : 9th August 2016 at 20:37.
Old 10th August 2016, 12:51   #7703
BHPian

Did a short trip to Calicut from Bangalore via Wayanad and back 2 weeks backs. The overall mileage came upto around 16 kmpl using T-O-T Method. What I have figured out is, the Mileage shown in the MFD Display has 15% variation (shows higher) compared to T-O-T Method. Can't cry anymore on mileage
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_9173.jpg  

aa_asif is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2016, 12:31   #7704
BHPian

My car has done around 27k however the steering vibrates while braking at speeds over 100. My car will complete 6th year in a month and looks like the pads and rotor has worn out prematurely due to possibly less usage. Around 25k HASS said the pads still have life left, but looks like some uneven wear out of the rotor is causing issues.

I am looking for reliable aftermarket folks who can do Disc Skimming? Any leads are welcome..

Recently when I reverse my car when the engine is cold and accelerate I get some sort of vibration and it resolves after the engine temperature stabilizes, Is this one particular mount that is causing this?

I have got these as replacement pads for 50 bucks,
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_20160813_120013.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_20160813_120046.jpg  

Last edited by 0and1 : 13th August 2016 at 12:32.
Old 13th August 2016, 15:46   #7705
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
The first time I replaced the wiper blades at HASS, was charged a hefty 1600 INR. This time around (during the last service and the airbag inflator replacement), I declined the offer. One needs to take lessons from HASS for milking customers.
HASS does not replace the blade, just the rubber, which afaik is from Japan. On my brio they changed the entire blade assembly for about ₹400 and a bit each. This was Indian stuff (I think Syndicate). So one can say horses for courses.
Old 13th August 2016, 17:50   #7706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_asif View Post
Did a short trip to Calicut from Bangalore via Wayanad and back 2 weeks backs. The overall mileage came upto around 16 kmpl using T-O-T Method. What I have figured out is, the Mileage shown in the MFD Display has 15% variation (shows higher) compared to T-O-T Method. Can't cry anymore on mileage
Congrats Asif! In my case, the indicated mileage is usually exceeds the actual mileage (measured from Tank full to Tank full) by 1.3 KMPL. i.e. if MFD indicates 13.6, then the actual mileage is usually 12.3 KMPL. Well, at least this is how it works out in my case, rather than a %.

BTW the city mileage (and nearly 100% of my driving is in the city) I get on my Civic is ~12.5 (actual). What is yours?
nsubrama2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2016, 19:23   #7707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0and1 View Post
My car has done around 27k however the steering.....

Recently when I reverse my car when the engine is cold and accelerate I get some sort of vibration and it resolves after the engine temperature stabilizes, Is this one particular mount that is causing this?

I have got these as replacement pads for 50 bucks,
The vibration could be because of a worn out engine mount. Also you got the pads for 50 bucks ?
Old 14th August 2016, 02:42   #7708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
The vibration could be because of a worn out engine mount. Also you got the pads for 50 bucks ?
Sorry it would be 50$ that's 3.5k for all 4...

Yes... saw the gap it is down to mm's... I think a lot of thing in civic like the mount/brake pads is as much dependent on mileage as much on the time, since mine is a 6 year old it gave away irrespective of the mileage...
Old 16th August 2016, 07:48   #7709
BHPian

Hi Guys, just wanted to share that I have been to Bhutan and Back from Kolkata in my Honda Civic 2007 AT, will be putting up a travelogue soon.
I guess I am one of the few (or only one) who have taken a civic to Bhutan from India, will need to check for sure . However, the civic performed really well, 40% of the time roads were good, 30% bad and 30% very bad. Putting up my TL soon, stay tuned. Cheers for my Civic.
StallionAmit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 10:36   #7710
BANNED

@0and1; Did I read correctly. ₹50 for a set of front disc pads, just does not seem to sound right! Let others also opine. I think it should have been more like 1500!
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks