Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2016, 07:38   #7816
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

can I order the AC relay from somewhere? Or is it better to get it from HASS? any idea how much it costs?
Old 7th November 2016, 02:36   #7817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsatpathy View Post
Now when I went to take the delivery of my car to HASS today, I see both the front suspensions being shot, which was also told to me by the mechanic earlier yesterday. When I took a TD of the vehicle I see both the suspensions have sagged down and the vehicle bounces over rumblers and potholes, when I had given them the car that was not the case,

Off late since the last 3-4 months I usually have jumped over plastic or rather say scientific rumblers at a speed of 18-25 kph frequently near my office but never have had this issue . I am assuming this might have been the case but still quite confused.

The Service Centers in most small towns always tend to have questionable goings on and many fishy tales. Can't say for sure but they may have tampered with the components. I don't think rumblers make your suspension go kaput overnight, just like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
can I order the AC relay from somewhere? Or is it better to get it from HASS? any idea how much it costs?
If youre sure the relay has conked off, best thing you can do is take out the relay and carry it along as a sample to a parts guy and tell him to give you a matching one. The distance between and number of pins should match. I think they are the normal four-pin ones. The original relay may be a bit shorter in height, but that's ok. I don't think Honda gives out relays or for that matter any other part as counter sale items.

A replacement of different brand should cost about 150-200 bucks. Original Honda could be at least 450/- or a lot more.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 21:29   #7818
Senior - BHPian

To all running your Civic on standard stock tires size ie 195 65 R15 do you have any issues with scraping under normal circumstances? I have the 205 65 R15 size and it was bought primarily to avoid scraping due to the additional ground clearance. However inspite of the benefit i found it scraping with a full load and i had to resolve to tactical manoeurves while driving.

Cons of the 205 size is heavier steering, slower pickup and more expensive to purchase. So what i wanted to know will having a standard size tyre cause the car to scarpe more than normal so if i were to switch to standard size i can rid myself of the mentioned cons.

Thanks.
Old 12th November 2016, 09:44   #7819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
To all running your Civic on standard stock tires size ie 195 65 R15 do you have any issues with scraping under normal circumstances? I have the 205 65 R15 size and it was bought primarily to avoid scraping due to the additional ground clearance. However inspite of the benefit i found it scraping with a full load and i had to resolve to tactical manoeurves while driving.

Cons of the 205 size is heavier steering, slower pickup and more expensive to purchase. So what i wanted to know will having a standard size tyre cause the car to scarpe more than normal so if i were to switch to standard size i can rid myself of the mentioned cons.

Thanks.
In my 140K I have never up sized, am always with stock size. Have taken it to many terrains as you know where no one would have taken it. I've had no problems.

A few humps in Bangalore are funny, but with a diagonal maneuver its all fine and no issues whatsoever.
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 10:11   #7820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I am back in India after about 7 months abroad.

I now have a bigger problem with significant amount of mold on my leather seats and even on door leather sections :( The light colored seats now have a lot of brown patches of mold and the interior stinks really bad. I think this is caused by the damp conditions inside my car after a servicing at HASS just before I left country. I am struggling to find a good solution to this problem.
Hello Vasoo,

I have had experience of this mold/fungus patch on my leather upholstery.

Extremely persistent. Luckily it existed only on the armrests. Had to get the things re-upholstered.

Best wishes.

Last edited by skdking : 12th November 2016 at 10:33.
Old 12th November 2016, 10:38   #7821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
In my 140K I have never up sized, am always with stock size. Have taken it to many terrains as you know where no one would have taken it. I've had no problems.

A few humps in Bangalore are funny, but with a diagonal maneuver its all fine and no issues whatsoever.
Hello Laluks,

Slightly OT here.

My Civic has no AC filter and I want to add one. On net I have found this one costing 695.00 inr.

http://www.amazon.in/ALTECH-Hi-Perfo...926786&sr=1-23

Can we modify other, cheaper, filters for use in Civic? Or I have to go with this one.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12th November 2016, 11:38   #7822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hello Laluks,

Slightly OT here.

My Civic has no AC filter and I want to add one. On net I have found this one costing 695.00 inr.

http://www.amazon.in/ALTECH-Hi-Perfo...926786&sr=1-23

Can we modify other, cheaper, filters for use in Civic? Or I have to go with this one.

Thanks in advance.
Better to go with the filter that matches size. Else you have to pad it on sides probably with all that force of air through it it would create terrible noise of it moving around
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 11:59   #7823
BHPian

Quote:
Better to go with the filter that matches size. Else you have to pad it on sides probably with all that force of air through it it would create terrible noise of it moving around
While on the topic, have any of you tried a HEPA filter, instead of the regular cabin air filter? Bosch has one (although I'm not sure if it is available in India. laluks?): https://www.boschautoparts.com/en/au...s?partId=6029C

I was considering getting a car air purifier, which needs its HEPA filter changed periodically anyway. Instead of getting in impure air into the cabin which the purifier will filter, I figured that it might be better to get filtered air in the first place. Also, cabin air filter will have larger surface area, so presumably will need replacement less frequently.

Any insights would be much appreciated.
Old 13th November 2016, 12:49   #7824
BHPian

Quote:
To all running your Civic on standard stock tires size ie 195 65 R15 do you have any issues with scraping under normal circumstances?
Quote:
Same here as laluks, I have only used the stock-size, and yes the car scrapes nearly on all our speed-breakers, but apart from a minor-nuisance it was not a major problem to me.

And again like laluks, I have taken it to many 'dangerous' terrains and survived!
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 18:17   #7825
BHPian

Quote:
To all running your Civic on standard stock tires size ie 195 65 R15 do you have any issues with scraping under normal circumstances ?
I've had my car ride on 205/65/R15 and 205/55/R16 and reverted to 195/65/R15 due to the heavier steering and slower pick-up with the 16" . And also severe scraping when having a full load of luggage.
But I got Coil spring buffers on all four struts and went back to 195/65/R15. Never had scraping or bottoming issues under normal speed breakers / basement parking humps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post

Try checking with local AC mechanics first. I got mine from a AC repair workshop in my city. A activated carbon one for Rs.250 ( not sure about how true the activated carbon claim is though)
WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 10:55   #7826
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerlover1717 View Post
Hi Guys,
Iam doing a suspension + clutch overhaul for my civic. Have attached the estimates given by Kaar Nexus Mumbai. He claims that he is going to use genuine parts sourced directly from honda.
Question for all Mumbai owners, civic or otherwise.

Has anyone used Kaar Nexus for service? Wanted to know if anyone has inputs on the quality of their work. I've been using aftermarket garages for my civic last couple of years and still scouting for a really good one.

I recently serviced my Civic with Kaar Nexus (Worli) and the car seemed to come out much better than my previous servicings at Jaya Auto (near racecourse). But then I'm not technically / mechanically knowledgeable enough to judge beyond intuitive driving feel.

Any inputs on Kaar Nexus (honesty, quality of work etc) would be helpful.

Thanks,
Old 17th November 2016, 17:16   #7827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I'm thinking of taking my 10 year old Civic to Leh next year. Too adventurous?
Old 17th November 2016, 21:39   #7828
Senior - BHPian

Have any of you gotten the suspension coil for your Civic? If so,

1) which brand and what cost have you got it? and Where did you got them from?
2) Have you installed it for all four sides or only on the rear?
3) Your experience so far - Does it help at all from preventing bottoming out/scratching speed breakers?
Old 17th November 2016, 21:47   #7829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I'm thinking of taking my 10 year old Civic to Leh next year. Too adventurous?
Nah! Its a done deal now. Enjoy your trip
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2016, 21:50   #7830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Have any of you gotten the suspension coil for your Civic ?
1) Rutu Autogas is the manufacturer. Rs.6,000 with installation.
2) Installed on all four struts
3) Has made a big difference. Does not scrape or hit normal sized speedbreakers, and clears road undulations / potholes with ease.
WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks